• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Scum in turmoil

midfielder

hate to bring the mood down but... If the scummers fold would there be pressure from ffa for the mariners to play games up there and cover both fan bases? (or would ccm board see that as an opportunity to build the brand?

GOD i hope not...

Don't think so .... the Newcastle franchisee IMO is second only to Western Sydney in terms of what it offers owners... Maybe FFA would like Con out a new player in...

midfielder

Seems its this week maybe as early as Monday for a decision one way or the other..........

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27661454-5000940,00.html

Newcastle Jets could fold unless FFA comes to rescue with financial package
By Liam Fitzgibbon
September 05, 2010
Newcastle Jets chief executive John Tsatsimas has painted a bleak picture for the troubled club, saying they could fold unless financial assistance is forthcoming.

Speaking after the Jets' scoreless draw with Brisbane Roar at EnergyAustralia Stadium, Tsatsimas said the club's financial concerns would come to a head this week and a meeting with FFA was planned for Monday.

He admitted the club simply did not have the money to pay their staff and players, who have been without wages for the past two weeks.

"It's a big concern and we're having more discussions with the FFA tomorrow but it can't go on,'' Tsatsimas said.

"It has to have some sort of end to it and now, because it will play on players' minds.

''... We are at an impasse and I don't resile from that.

"It's a major concern from where I sit because we have people who have been united for two weeks now, but there comes a point where that will end.

"Everyone's been very patient and they were brilliant today so it's totally understandable where they're coming from."

FFA had to step in to cover the cost of hosting Sunday's match after owner Con Constantine revealed last week the club was running on empty and desperately needed financial assistance.

Midfielder Kasey Wehrman said the players were willing to give Constantine as much time as possible to sort out the finances but admitted their would be some "very unhappy" players should they not be paid this week.

"It's like anyone's job, it's your job ,it's my job and mortgages have to be paid," Wehrman said.

"It will come to a deadline sooner or later, we're paid every Friday so next Friday if we don't see any pay there's going to be a lot of unhappy players but that's not the way we want it to go.

"We want to give Con as much chance as we can, he's done a great job for the club.

"Hopefully he can figure this out with the FFA and get us back rolling the way we should be."

Jets coach Branko Culina said the team would attend its recovery session on Monday and prepare as normal for Saturday's trip to Adelaide but expected to hear some news from the club shortly.

shipwreck

Hmmm what is going on with these clowns? Do they even have a supporter website or forum anymore? On that note, who is running ours, are they a professional web development company? It is absolutely top notch, easily the best in the leAgue and Better than most epl clubs!! Proud to click on it over 100 times a day!!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
WELL....just watching the Jests game the other day on WFN...it appeared as tho the Squadron forgot to show up...usually their bay is pretty full but last week they barely had enough to hold up the "never surrender" banner...

MrCelery

Con Constantine to leave Jets. FFA to take over running of the Club until new owner found. Announcement soon - possibly tommorrow.

midfielder

Con Constantine to leave Jets. FFA to take over running of the Club until new owner found. Announcement soon - possibly tommorrow.

That is actually good news.... Newcastle would have to be one of the best franchises in the A-League... a long history with normally good crowds... plenty of local media support ... Con has been HHMMMM not the best manager...

I cannot see it being difficult to replace him...

Having said this ... and in-spite of the errors the guy may have made he has put in a lot of coin and if he looses the lot .... a big loss especially if we sign a new media deal soon and the new owners are allowed to move to Breakers Stadium...

Matt--Simon

Looks like another poor crowd but still 10 or 15 minutes until kick-off

If Jets fold i think we should looking to signing sasho again and maybe bridges or kantarovski

curious

Cunning Con will cry, whinge and bluff his way through this and still be there next season so he can once again go through his annual ritual of crying, whinging and bluffing his way out of paying his creditors, promoting more abhorrence towards him from the general public, all while convincing those foolish enough to believe him, the fault always lay at the feet of others.

dibo

Jets licence taken from Con, mining magnate Nathan Tinkler has been given the licence for the remainder of the season.

You'll be reading more about this I guarantee.

MrCelery

You heard it here first!

The only surprise is that FFA were able to find a temporary owner for this cardboard club so quickly.

I hope Tinkler does a clean out of Con's stooges. Gone will be anyone who helped destroy the Breakers. The only negative is that we will still be subjected to Andy 'missed two penalties in a match while selling out the Breakers' Harper.

northernspirit

with this change this thread may slow down
as much as i hate the likes of NUJ and SFC i want all of the clubs to be sound for the good of the league - so this has to be a plus

midfielder

Excellent news ... Con has held the Jets back ... in many ways sad... I honestly believe Con wanted the Jets to succeed and he put in buckets loads of coin... but his way of doing business was outdated and he was not a good football club manager... but his passion is football so in a number of ways its sad ... a passionate but misguided guy bows out to another Novocastrian ...

Hope they change their shirt to black i.e. the coal then ... the poo colour is crap

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred