• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Scum in turmoil

Omni

Andy said:
Plus Tunbridge has been released from the final year of his contract.

Apparently they're not far off from signing 3 new players; Zadkovich, Adrian Madaschi (Aussie midfielder playing in Serie C2) and Jason Naidovski ( state league striker).

THAT'S the star Trio 442 is talking about - hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Man if that's a star trio, wooden spoon ahoy!

~Floss~

A funny thing happened today. I tried to make some club transfers on FIFA 08 to keep my A-League squads current (manually, not on line), and it wouldn't allow me to create a true-to-life, up-to-date Newcastle squad because you cannot have less than 17 outfield players signed. I wonder if the latest downloadable update still has some old players included to get around this?

FFC Mariner

He will get plenty of game time and pick the position he wants too.

I expect we will soon see lots of bollocks from Remo/GVE about the massive overseas stars who are just about to sign for them.

fedelta

marinermick said:
northernspirit said:
whos left at newcastle?
theyre leaving town quicker than the pasha bulker lol

fair go - jardel was around for at least half the season

But Jardel got stuck in Newcastle just like the Pasha Bulka..same size

skilbeck

I dare someone to put on 442 rumors that Con is about to register himself as their next "star" player ;)

Andy

Greenpoleffc said:
He will get plenty of game time and pick the position he wants too.

I expect we will soon see lots of bollocks from Remo/GVE about the massive overseas stars who are just about to sign for them.

Which will be utterly hilarious, because he will then play Defensive Midfielder and we've all seen how woeful his passing game can be.

Omni

Quote from the Australian today

An angry van Egmond said he was "happy" to let Hearfield go in the end because "we have a no dickhead policy at the club". HAHAHAHAHA

skilbeck

Omni said:
Quote from the Australian today

An angry van Egmond said he was "happy" to let Hearfield go in the end because "we have a no dickhead policy at the club". HAHAHAHAHA

lol i guess that means griffiths is on the way out at the scum :p , hope he doesnt come looking here. also maybe they should apply that no dickheads policy to the management i.e. con

loyalist

i assume van egmond will be gone aswell with this new policy

hearfield and van egmond never got along
There was a stage during the season of up to 8 weeks where van egmond didnt talk to troy.
Also when the news came out that wellington were interested in signing hearfield van egmond instructed all of his players to start calling hearfield "Rikki", bit hard to not be a dickhead when the coach has a personal vendetta against you.

skilbeck

GVE is a dickhead. If Hearfield and GVE dont get along that is their own problem but for GVE to bully Hearfield in a way that involves turning the entire team against him is most childish from GVE and not what youd expect from one of top managers in the a league. There is no way id expect that from LM

skilbeck

from 442

Newcastle Dump Media Gurus

THEY'VE lost the spine of their grand final winning side, now Newcastle Jets have parted ways with their successful media arm.
Eclipse Media and Events have been dumped by the Jets after the two parties were unable to reach an agreement on a new contract.

We delivered over and above our KPIs [Key Performance Indicators] for the Jets. The second year saw us take the profile of the club even higher throughout Newcastle , the upper Hunter and Mid North Coast, Eclipse Managing Director Tracy Kearney said in a statement today.

A tireless program of player appearances were cornerstones of our success.

Prior to the two year association, Newcastles media management and community work was generally considered to be sub-standard, hence the surprise in some circles about todays announcement.

And no doubt it will once again call into question owner Con Constantines judgement.

We knew if the Hunter came to know the team, they would fall in love - and we feel we have facilitated that relationship, added Kearney.

"We have raised the players profiles to the point that they are all household names in the area and the Jets are now recognised as the Hunters team.

While no further comments were made, its understood that the clubs offer was way below market price for the services required.

This is not the first A-League club to part ways with its media representatives since the A-League season ended.

Melbourne Victory fired their communications manager Tony Ising and recently Queensland Roar surprisingly parted ways with their popular media man Neil Favager after three seasons at the club.

I think the scum need the surprise spruiker as their new media boss
"thats right shoppers we are having a super scum run out sale, Durante gone, Bridge gone, Musialik gone, Hearfield gone, North and Griffiths soon to be gone even our media contractors have left us So dont delay because at this rate our club simply cannot last"

midfielder

skilbeck said:
from 442

Newcastle Dump Media Gurus

THEY'VE lost the spine of their grand final winning side, now Newcastle Jets have parted ways with their successful media arm.
Eclipse Media and Events have been dumped by the Jets after the two parties were unable to reach an agreement on a new contract.

“We delivered over and above our KPI’s [Key Performance Indicators] for the Jets. The second year saw us take the profile of the club even higher throughout Newcastle , the upper Hunter and Mid North Coast,” Eclipse Managing Director Tracy Kearney said in a statement today.

“A tireless program of player appearances …were cornerstones of our success.”

Prior to the two year association, Newcastle’s media management and community work was generally considered to be sub-standard, hence the surprise in some circles about today’s announcement.

And no doubt it will once again call into question owner Con Constantine’s judgement.

“We knew if the Hunter came to know the team, they would fall in love - and we feel we have facilitated that relationship,” added Kearney.

"We have raised the players’ profiles to the point that they are all household names in the area and the Jets are now recognised as the Hunter’s team.”

While no further comments were made, it’s understood that the club’s offer was way below market price for the services required.

This is not the first A-League club to part ways with its media representatives since the A-League season ended.

Melbourne Victory fired their communications manager Tony Ising and recently Queensland Roar surprisingly parted ways with their popular media man Neil Favager after three seasons at the club.

I think the scum need the surprise spruiker as their new media boss
"thats right shoppers we are having a super scum run out sale, Durante gone, Bridge gone, Musialik gone, Hearfield gone, North and Griffiths soon to be gone even our media contractors have left us So dont delay because at this rate our club simply cannot last"

Despite what I think of the scum this is a sad day for football, I remember the FFA getting involved in Hal 1, saying and correctly your community management skills ................are sh*t house and forced Con into the orginal agreement.

The grand final win has gone to Con's head................I assume Con now believes he will  take over from the profesionals...............he will F it up of that there can be no doubt.

Half the F team has left and not poor quality players, remember when in Hal 2 they lost a couple they had most of the guys they lost in Hal 3 to cover for them. Joel & Adam are for (this post only) very good players ...............but even they cannot carry a team that has lost the players they have from Hal 2 & 3.

Plus Con to re F up the community work.

Sad day for football IMO.

skilbeck

IMO Con is either the most inept or biggest control freak of a club boss. The long term of the Newcastle Jets is pretty grim while he is there. While I wouldnt normally care about the scum, it is for the good of Australian football that all the teams, including the scum, are competitive. Con got lucky this year and the future is going to be hard for him. It looks like sponsors and contractors are steering well clear of the club and this is only going to cause a drain on funds, players as well as the important work people do behind the scenes such as PR. If Con isnt careful this is going to reduce them to a side that is perpetually fighting to avoid the wooden spoon in a few years

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred