• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Scottish Premier League Discussion and poll

Which SPL Team do you support (voting Reset)

• [glow=green,2,300][color=white]Celtic FC[/color][/glow]

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • [glow=blue,2,300][color=red]Rangers FC[/color][/glow]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [glow=orange,2,300]Dundee United[/glow]

• [glow=red,2,300][color=white]Aberdeen FC[/color][/glow]

• [glow=maroon,2,300][color=white]Heart of Midlothian[/color][/glow]

• [glow=green,2,300][color=green]Hibernian FC[/color][/glow]

• [glow=blue,2,300][color=white]Kilmarnock FC[/color][/glow]

• [glow=orange,2,300][color=maroon]Motherwell FC[/color][/glow]

• [glow=red,2,300][color=blue]Inverness CT[/color][/glow]

• [glow=Navy,2,300][color=white]Falkirk FC[/color][/glow]

• [glow=black,2,300][color=white]St Mirren FC[/color][/glow]

• Other i.e. Hamilton Academical, any lower division club

• Total voters

Teddy Bear

Arabmariner said:
Teddy Bear said:
Arabmariner said:
St Johnstone 1-0 up v the blue half of the infirm after 30 mins.

:)

What happened to your live updates?

Oh aye and how did your mugs go this week?
Your lot were lucky.Very lucky.St Johnstone deserved a point at least out of that game.

lol. You will be getting called Arab Harper if you keep that commentary up.  8) If you open your other eye you will see Papac's goal was one of quality  :)

Teddy Bear

Atomic said:
Here's a question for our Scottish friends... why are Celtic and Rangers referred to as the Old Firm?

The nickname 'The Old Firm' originated during the early year of the 20th century when the clubs began to dominate Scottish football and the term in part referred to the financial benefits associated with their frequent meetings.

Arabmariner

Good result for us,2-0 win away at Aberdeen.Pity our home form doesn't match the away form......we'd be top of the SPL if it did  :-\

Good draw for Hibs at Ibrox and good to see them go there and try to win.

Celtic and especially Rangers are vulnerable atm imo and if more teams like us and Hibs had the confidence to go to Parkhead and Ibrox and take the game to them instead of sitting back hoping for a draw we'd have a far more interesting SPL.They'd still dominate but it'd be a lot closer.

In Div 1 the filth from down the road have gone to the top for the first time this season.After 5 or 6 seasons in Div 1 it finally looks as if they might be getting their act together.Derby matches for us next season ? Good if it happens but also a laugh if it doesn't.

Win win situation really !  ;D

Arabmariner

League Cup QF's tonight and tommorow......

We've got the tractor drivers away and I'm in a dilema over who I want to win between the team of fun and the blue soap dodgers !

Teddy Bear

Video from the early 80's when it was Rangers policy.

The only thing missing from the second video is the scout walks back in and tells him he has another player. Rikki says it cannae bae worse than a catholic. The door opens and in walks an Englishman!!

Teddy Bear

Arabmariner said:

We've got the tractor drivers away and I'm in a dilema over who I want to win between the team of fun and the blue soap dodgers !

How did you go with your dilema Arab?

David Votoupal

When Rangers and Celtic were losing their grip on Scottish football while Dundee United and Aberdeen were in the ascendency in the 80s, the reasons were pretty obvious.

Both Rangers and Celtic were by that time horribly antiquated clubs, run by clique boards who were out of touch with modern football- basically the same groups who had controlled the respective clubs since foundation-and the fact that by that time football was becoming more and more a dynamic business. Sure enough, Celtic continued to win trophies in the 80s, including the double in their centennary year, but all it really did was paper over the cracks.

That's where Graeme Souness and David Murray stepped in, and modernised Rangers. Celtic on the other hand were in serious boardroom turmoil culminating in the near-bankruptcy of the club by 1994, before Fergus McCann stepped in and even then it took some time before they finally broke Rangers' stranglehold.

Rangers were progressively less impressive in the last years of 9 in a row, even with Gascoigne and Laudrup. Some of the football the played was dire, and being regularly shown up in Europe too at a time when it was easier for clubs outside the big 4 or 5 leagues to get far.

And hence, I never rated Walter Smith and never wanted him to manage Everton- God it was such a depressing time to be a Toffee under his watch!

Arabmariner

Teddy Bear said:
Arabmariner said:

Pfffft.......Just a Mickey Mouse comp anyway  :p

Teddy Bear

Arabmariner said:
Teddy Bear said:
Arabmariner said:

Pfffft.......Just a Mickey Mouse comp anyway  :p

Perhaps they have bigger things on their mind, like this weekend  :eek:verhead:

Arabmariner

Good story this and sums up what being a football supporter should be all about.......

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Damien39s-dad-and-fans.5768396.jp

The storys been all over the DUFC boards.Apparently one of the guys owns a pub in Spain and speaks a little Spanish so he did the communicating.......they even got a photo of him drinking Tenants lager and eating a haggis supper lol (haggis in batter for the uneducated)!!

Arabmariner

Game against the blue soap dodgers abandoned at half time with us 1-0 down.

How the f**k they went in one up anyway I'll never know.........well I do actually......we hit the bar twice,missed a couple of sitters and played them off the park.

Then in steps the Infirm football association appointed ref and awards a 10 yards offside goal to them.

Not quite sure who got off the hook here!

Teddy Bear

You need to take those orange tinted glasses off. Davis was level when the ball was played through. Great to see a linesman get it right and actually keep his flag down when its close.

I'm guessing you were clapping the lineswoman's decision against Mrdja on Saturday night.  :p

serious14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5y2-U6Ll1Q&feature=player_embedded#

Look, I don't mind Celtic, but seriously - show some f*cking respect and leave your secretarian bullshit out out it.  The rememberance may well have been taking place in Britain, but it's a memorial to all those fallen in war.  Grow up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred