• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Scottish Premier League Discussion and poll

Which SPL Team do you support (voting Reset)

• [glow=green,2,300][color=white]Celtic FC[/color][/glow]

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • [glow=blue,2,300][color=red]Rangers FC[/color][/glow]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [glow=orange,2,300]Dundee United[/glow]

• [glow=red,2,300][color=white]Aberdeen FC[/color][/glow]

• [glow=maroon,2,300][color=white]Heart of Midlothian[/color][/glow]

• [glow=green,2,300][color=green]Hibernian FC[/color][/glow]

• [glow=blue,2,300][color=white]Kilmarnock FC[/color][/glow]

• [glow=orange,2,300][color=maroon]Motherwell FC[/color][/glow]

• [glow=red,2,300][color=blue]Inverness CT[/color][/glow]

• [glow=Navy,2,300][color=white]Falkirk FC[/color][/glow]

• [glow=black,2,300][color=white]St Mirren FC[/color][/glow]

• Other i.e. Hamilton Academical, any lower division club

• Total voters

Arabmariner

bulldogmariner said:
Good to see Hibs have a great start to the season. Here is hoping they can challenge the top two for a little while this season.
Defeat coming up for the Hibees this weekend  ;)

But yes Scottish football needs a strong Hibs (and Hearts) imo.

Morgan30

Scottish football really just needs someone to consistantly challenge the top two, doesn't imo matter who

skilbeck

Morgan30 said:
Scottish football really just needs someone to consistantly challenge the top two, doesn't imo matter who

more about monies, top 2 is so far off the top of Europe its not funny, and the rest of the SPL is so far off the top 2 its not funny, i dont know how popular it would be but they need to figure out a way to merge the leagues of great britain, because if Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham all play in the English system then they may as well merge the rest of the Welsh Systems and Scottish Systems in, I reckon a strong Edinburgh outfit would be of top flight contention within a few years as well as the old firm, it would resurrect scottish football. they should have a 2 tiered premier league of Great Britain, that has underneath it the football league of england, the scottish premier league and the welsh premier league as feeders to it and you could seed the representation in the GBPL by population ratios of the leagues feeding it. i.e. a 40 team GBPL inc. div 1 and div 2 would contain 86% of the teams or 34, Scotland, would contain 8.7% of the teams or 4, and Wales would contain the remaining 2 judging by 06 stats, the worst 2 teams would be relegated for England out of the GBPL, the worst for Scotland and a Playoff for Wales would be fair, it may go against the move away from GB politically, but it would make the leagues in the GB more fair, as for Northern Ireland they should reunite with the republic

end paragraphless semi drunk rant about football league structures :p

skilbeck

So Teddy Bear, ready for the comprehensive flogging youre gonna get tomorrow night?

and Arab, I still owe you a beer, coming to Sydney on Monday?

Arabmariner

skilbeck said:
I'll be there.

Not sure what's doing before and after the game atm though (getting a lift so a bit out of my control).......but beers will be involved in some manner I imagine... ;D

Teddy Bear

skilbeck said:
So Teddy Bear, ready for the comprehensive flogging youre gonna get tomorrow night?

Does that mean I get a beer as well?

Arabmariner

skilbeck said:
Arabmariner said:
St Johnstone 1-0 up v the blue half of the infirm after 30 mins.

:)

arent they your rivals?
They are sort of..........more of a friendly rivalry with them though.

I'd much rather see either of the infirm lose.

Be different if it was the team of fun from up the road though  ;)

Arabmariner

Teddy Bear said:
Arabmariner said:
St Johnstone 1-0 up v the blue half of the infirm after 30 mins.

:)

What happened to your live updates?

Oh aye and how did your mugs go this week?
Your lot were lucky.Very lucky.St Johnstone deserved a point at least out of that game.

We had our reserve team playing so not a bad result  :p

Atomic

Here's a question for our Scottish friends... why are Celtic and Rangers referred to as the Old Firm?

Atomic

Arabmariner said:
Atomic said:
Here's a question for our Scottish friends... why are Celtic and Rangers referred to as the Old Firm?
Actually Atomic it's the infirm  ;)

OK, let me rephrase the question... why are Celtic and Rangers referred to as the Infirm? Is it becasue the supporters belong in an infirmary?

Arabmariner

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/infirm

Kind of goes along with Soap Dodgers, weegies, bin rakers , no shoes, smelly disease ridden people.

Bit like the Scum  ;)

As for your genuine 1st question.....I've no idea.....TB might know.

Atomic

Ha, well, there you go... had you not cleared it up I would've been referring to the the rivalry as the infirm... lol. I dont suppose you have a bridge you'd like to sell me?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred