• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rubbish

Omni

Starting at the Grand Final, one goal for every coin!

It'd also help if referees didn't yellow card a player for getting coins thrown at him.

Newieutd

Omni said:

It'd also help if referees didn't yellow card a player for getting coins thrown at him.

I thought it was for taunting the opposition, would did it say in the match report?

northernspirit

newie you to me seem one of the decent jets fans which is good to see... i hope the ones with less class than yourself avoid trouble on sunday because its only going to give the football knockers ammo to use against us and id hate to see it anyway.

yes we are bitter rivals, but we're all human beings not a pack of dogs

mustapha_beer

Newieutd said:
Omni said:

I thought it was for taunting the opposition, would did it say in the match report?

I thought it was for alleged timewasting myself, but maybe we're all wrong.....

Also, well said northernspirit. Let's at least try and keep things in context, and not give the anti-football brigade more ammo......

marinermick

Newieutd said:
marinermick said:
talking about conflicts of interest the reply by Dezy is hilarious because he is a paid employee of the jets

:piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh:  :-[

As soon as he was employeed by the Jets the left his post and ceased to be part of the Squadron.

not talking about being part of the squadron

i'm talking about him being a paid employee and PUBLICALLY criticising another team, their players and their supporters

being bound by the rules and regulations of the FFA he could be deemed to bring the game into disrepute

i have alerted the appropriate people of the blog reply

Dezy

Hey Mick,

What are you on about?  I stopped working for the Jets 7 months ago.  A quick check of the Jets website would have told you that I'm not a current employee. Anyway,  let's see what the "appropriate people" say in response to your complaint.

That aside, I think you are over-reacting to my comments, taking them as being an outright assault on the Marinators.  I didn't write the blog, Boz did.  However, I agree with his point on independence. Isn't it true that if you had a falling out with the Central Coast Leagues Club you'd have a hell of a lot of trouble getting your money out of them?  What if you just wanted to change pubs?  You've set up arrangements that restrict your activities as a supporter group. It may only be in a subtle way but it's there.  You can't just up an leave the CCLC if that's what the majority want to do.

Hutchinson is an arrogant idiot for doing the things he does.  I detest any player that gestures rudely to fans. I'd be the first to stick the boot into any Jets player that did that kind of thing. Hutchinson is the one bringing the game into disripute.  He'll incite some idiot to be violent one day if he's not careful.  The Mariners should tell him to pull his head in because it's the last thing the code needs.

Anyway, see you Sunday!

Omni

I've never understood what Hutchinson does that deserves coins thrown at him.

So it's Hutchinson's fault that your fans are morons?

northernspirit

Omni said:
I've never understood what Hutchinson does that deserves coins thrown at him.

So it's Hutchinson's fault that your fans are morons?
while theyre at it they may as well blame hutcho for global warming too  :eek: :redcard:

marinermick

Dezy said:
Hey Mick,

What are you on about?  I stopped working for the Jets 7 months ago.  A quick check of the Jets website would have told you that I'm not a current employee. Anyway,  let's see what the "appropriate people" say in response to your complaint.

That aside, I think you are over-reacting to my comments, taking them as being an outright assault on the Marinators.  I didn't write the blog, Boz did.  However, I agree with his point on independence. Isn't it true that if you had a falling out with the Central Coast Leagues Club you'd have a hell of a lot of trouble getting your money out of them?  What if you just wanted to change pubs?  You've set up arrangements that restrict your activities as a supporter group. It may only be in a subtle way but it's there.  You can't just up an leave the CCLC if that's what the majority want to do.

Hutchinson is an arrogant idiot for doing the things he does.  I detest any player that gestures rudely to fans. I'd be the first to stick the boot into any Jets player that did that kind of thing. Hutchinson is the one bringing the game into disripute.  He'll incite some idiot to be violent one day if he's not careful.  The Mariners should tell him to pull his head in because it's the last thing the code needs.

Anyway, see you Sunday!

Then i will retract my comments. Still poor form given you are a former staff member and the obvious contacts you made with the FFA and other clubs.

Now, to inform you about what happens with the Marinators Club (not the Marinators):

Our bank account is not controlled by the Central Coast Leagues Club. It was in place before our affiliation. As a courtesy we send them our monthly accounts and as part our affilliation they offer to audit our books every three months.

If our affiliation ends the money would still remain with the Marinators Club.

If we wanted to changed pubs we could do so tomorrow. Obviously we would get less benefits such as raffle prizes and tickets to corporate boxes for our members but there is no stipulation in our agreement that specifies where we have a drink.

We could end the arrangement tomorrow if we wanted to, without detrement to the club, other than what they give us in financial and contra support.

Batman (Charles), the CCLC liaison manager will even back up the above comments.

It was us that approached the CCLC not vice versa. We love our home, because we are literally a coin toss from the stadium. We have built a home in the Kendall Bar in which we have Mariners and Marinators memorbillia and have no intention to leave because we have a mature relationship with the club and would not burn bridges with drunken stupidity.

The Leagues Club has given us more than we could have ever imagined and are forever grateful, but not once have they ever imposed any rule on us other than those of proper fiscal and legal responsibility which was in place before they came to the party.

northernspirit

See this is the problem i have with people publically making misinformed or pre-concieved assumptions on a public forum. Whats been said about the Marinators is clearly incorrect yet people probably believe what some clown from Newcastle writes.

I think unless you know what your talking about STFU, you only make yourself look like a complete twat in the process.

kevrenor

northernspirit said:
See this is the problem i have with people publically making misinformed or pre-concieved assumptions on a public forum. Whats been said about the Marinators is clearly incorrect yet people probably believe what some clown from Newcastle writes.

I think unless you know what your talking about STFU, you only make yourself look like a complete twat in the process.

And Boz did!  Couldn't help himself. 

There are some very sensible fans among the Jets supporters and I often have a chance to catch up at games, but that Boz is in a league of own.

It is just twisted elitist football fan shit - the sort that some of the Victory fans go on with!

marinermick

northernspirit said:

well, i clearly made a twat of myself thinking dez still works for the jets

should have realised their fairly large staff attrition rate

serious14

marinermick said:
a coin toss

Jets "fans" clearly know what that is......

kevrenor said:
It is just twisted elitist football fan shit - the sort that some of the Victory fans go on with!

And we all know who the Squadron so desperately want to be like, correct??

northernspirit

Kev: yeah i agree
i admit to having a few mates who follow the jets (met them on the world cup tour in 06), team alleigences and banter aside theyre decent people, but some of these clowns need their heads checked - im thinking about the first home F3 derby this season when some clown poked us in the back with flag poles as he walked behind bay 16... pointless, stupid behaviour which unfortunately gets replicated by other tools on public forums

Mick: Thats a little different though, your comment was based on fact albeit mistimed :p - not rumour or pre-conception

Dezy

marinermick said:
Still poor form given you are a former staff member and the obvious contacts you made with the FFA and other clubs.

Ah see, but that's the thing about independence,  you are entitled to have an opinion.

I'm well aware that I have an obligation not to disclose confidential information that I obtained while working for the club but I'm not going to let that stop me having an opinion on a topic, especially on football.

We've all been working our arses off for the benefit of the A-League since it began and I respect the effort that everyone puts in.  But there are differences between the supporter clubs which impacts on the success they are likely to achieve.

The Marinators were happy to criticise the Squadron in the first year when I was doing all the administration.  You, Mick, were personally willing to laugh at the thought of us incorporating and yet you did something similar afterwards.

You may actually learn something from the criticisms of other supporters.  I've learned a lot from the sledging between the Marinators and The Squadron over the last three seasons.

marinermick

Yes, but there is a clear distinction between the Marinators (and what happens in the Bay area) and the Marinators Club.

serious14

Dezy said:
Ah see, but that's the thing about independence,  you are entitled to have an opinion.

Mate, I'm a paid up member of the Mariners, the Marinators, AND the CCLC.  And at no point in time will I ever be afraid to express a negative opinion about any of them, OR any of their sponsors, purely because "that's the way things are".  Get off your "we're not sponsored" high horse, it's tiresome.    Does us being 'sponsored' make us any less of a football fan??

No.  Idiot.

P.S.  What Mick said.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred