• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 7 - CCM v Adelaide @ Gosford

LFCMariners

f**king Inbreds...

Well done to the absolute geniuses at the FFA who scheduled this for a Thursday night- imagine the crowd that could've been in attendance on a Saturday or Sunday after last weeks' big win? I know many people (myself included) who couldn't make tonights' game because of other commitments. A bigger crowd would've lifted the entire team and might have got all three points in the process

Now across the ditch to face that other mob where the commentators are as partial as the spectators...

Last edited:

nebakke

Can we talk about Appiah now?
He was getting f**king manhandled throughout. Clearly the cameras must have not shown it but i saw Gülüm with him in a bear hug more than once.
The team as a whole was a f**king embarrassment tonight though. Every ball was taken sideways and back and movement was sorely lacking.

VicMariner

Very disappointing.
Seeing a few chances go begging is so frustrating. If we could bury what we create we would be top four.

scottmac

Suspended
This game shows we have no depth in the squad. Imagine Adelaide subs coming on fir us we'd have finished like that too.

Wombat

Can we talk about Appiah now?

Hero to zero in one game. (Appi and Okon!)
TBH Paul stuffed up badly playing him as CF.
Appi is a great impact player off the bench (see David Fairclough for ref material) but he is not a 1st half player and not a number 9 in a million years.

Wombat

Horrible game.
We had no real intensity. We had one sumptuous move of one touch Football that went end to end but apart from that we were dumb.
Our lack of depth is worrying but we knew that.

I give pass marks to McGing, DeSilva and Pain.....and maybe Wout
The rest were all fails.
Paulo got an F for tonight i'm afraid.

The only bright light was the excellent support from Bay 16.

Fishsdad

We didn't create much Vic. Piss poor display.

Agree - very disappointing night at the stadium, Adelaide dominated us in the second half and deserved to win. During the first half we moved the ball well at times, but after half time Adelaide applied pressure and we lost all fluency.

There were a few positives, particularly at the back. McGing has improved more in the past 6 games than in the two previous seasons; Golec is becoming a very important and trusted CB; and Rowles shows incredible promise for one so young - especially as he hasn't played at this level previously.

go you yellow

yeh that was a game of two halves - looked good and then looked panicked and poor. Appiah should have been dragged at half time, not strong enough to battle up front, Bingham played well and challenged for the ball when brought on and should have had more time. Pain looked exhausted and should have been subbed instead of Hoole who looked very good. Some weird and too late subs from Paulo considering we were getting overrun by Adelaide.

Big Al

Appiah butchering that chance in the 1st was a big miss should have been up 2 and not worried. Got to at least make the keeper save. Bad body position opened up and going top corner near side was a bad choice

Was thinking this is going to be the scrappy win we need just because winning breads winning. Nope

Then this is the lucky point for holding on instead of unlucky we blew it. Nope

Passing was to slow and backwards to much. Adelaide seemed to have us tactically. Our mids were dominated.

Paulo way to slow with the subs. It was clear we were getting pumped but waited to last 10mins.

Wout and Tom have been good but were off tonight why not put Berry on.

Hoole needs a left foot. The head down turn the wrong way and 360 turn of a mac truck stops him being a really good player

Ancient Mariner

We have 10, maybe 11 A-League level outfield players. If we have more than one or two out expect more performances like tonight.

Rowles has a long, long way to go to be A-League level.
Appiah is not a striker.
Bingers is not good enough.
Buhagier has gone backwards since last year.

3 out of the back 4. Disaster.

Ancient Mariner

If anyone watched the warmup goal shooting what you would have seen was Appiah looked the most competent, Hoole the most inventive, Paine quite acceptable and Bingers as hopeless as Caceras snr practising his free kicks before the match in the old days.

I can see why he gave Appiah a go but he did not have much of an idea how to play the position.

Did Buhagier play as a striker in his youth time?

Tommy was everywhere and made some massive last ditch tackles. Towards the end his passing was off but I suspect he was stuffed.

I can see the need for some replacements in January.

MagpieMariner

well, if we play even 75% as well as we did against the Smurfs, I cant see why we shouldnt go back to back in the win column....BUT....the gaffer best not get excited again, he insulted Fox Football with his happiness the other day...my resulting tweet to Fox Football started with GO GET

Vug9UjEFh70H2WDA3
We didn't even play 25% as well, especially in the 2nd half. Gee we missed El Capitan.

Wombat

Appiah butchering that chance in the 1st was a big miss should have been up 2 and not worried. Got to at least make the keeper save. Bad body position opened up and going top corner near side was a bad choice

Was thinking this is going to be the scrappy win we need just because winning breads winning. Nope

Then this is the lucky point for holding on instead of unlucky we blew it. Nope

Passing was to slow and backwards to much. Adelaide seemed to have us tactically. Our mids were dominated.

Paulo way to slow with the subs. It was clear we were getting pumped but waited to last 10mins.

Wout and Tom have been good but were off tonight why not put Berry on.

Hoole needs a left foot. The head down turn the wrong way and 360 turn of a mac truck stops him being a really good player

Berry is not very good or at least he was very ordinary pre-season.

priorpeter

Anyone who blames that on a poor crowd or refs, etc can do one.

We were f**king horrible. Appiah is never a 9 and whoever thinks he is should be shot.

Insipid performance all over the park, I am f**king livid at the dross we served up after being so clinical last week. Piss poor. I'm sure I'll get a bunch of 'thumbs down's from the apologists here but there is no excuse, we should have beaten what was in front of us tonight plain and simple.

Bay 16 was fun. Props to anyone who was in there tonight.

pjennings

Incredibly flat performance - really the worst of the season.

Rowles looked stuffed for the last 15 minutes and needed to be off. TBH I don't think he is a LWB rather a LCB. Maybe he and Golec swapping would have been a better idea. Appiah starting against a fresh team negates the advantage he makes when he comes off the bench. You also have to wonder what Bingers future is when he doesn't get the nod centrally with Asdrubal not there.

Holy

Passing was to slow and backwards to much.

Spot on. Too slow and not in front of a running player.

I lost count of how many times the player receiving the ball had to stop the forward momentum and track back to pick up a slow played pass.

It gave time Adelaide to regroup in defence, forcing us to go backwards far too much.

I thought we really we missed Asdrubal's work-rate last night. He's more valuable than most realise

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred