• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 4 - Victory away

Michael

Rowles not being a natural full back and even worse, playing on the right. Killed us going forward, made us one dimensional. And that’s not necessarily a blight on him. He won’t say no to 90minutes each week.

We were so bright for half an hour then just crumbled. Then showed a little when victory sat back.
But there’s so much work to do and I think we’re atleast a month away from a good solid 90minutes coupled with 3 points.

Kennedy is pathetic. But Pearce is worse. And Gauci isn’t ready.
Golec is playing horribly right now. Needs to be dropped.
Ross was more involved but still so lazy.
I’m a Pain critic but he was our only good light today. Oar was better but still not good enough YET. For the quality he has.

Dropping Tom H bit us because no way in f**king hell would he consistently give away the ball like Melling did. A player as good as Tom H will always put in a better performance the week after a shit one. So I fear something is going on there.

Move Rowles next to Cisse and bring in McGing or Millar. If anything it makes us more balanced.

Wombat

We'll be lucky to hit 5k next home game.

Our lowest attendance is 4505, Rd 16 against AUFC ,2014-15. We finished 3rd last.

Sydney is a drawcard. We have 5k rusted on. 7-8k min for that game.....maybe even 10k if we start playing Football at any stage before hand.

Wombat

Golec needs a spell. Cisse was loose again tonight at times. Kennedy is simply useless. Melling is not starting 11 although his 2nd half was much better.
We ALL new RB and Keeper was going to be a problem.
Pain was our best player.
McCormack would have had a goal if it wasnt for Shabow.
Murray looked the best of the 3 subs.
The intensity at training needs to lift alot.

MagpieMariner

next week at the league leaders it should be back to basics. That's what should have happened today.
Name a back four and play with a back four to cut out all the space for the attackers.
Looked like a lot of the time we were playing with a back three with either Rowles or Clisby jogging back.
shouldn't have been any need for them to go forward so far with five in midfield.

someone this morning in the thread mentioned parking the bus. I'm not a fan of that, but perhaps that what we should have done.
I thought that's what we were doing in the first half. We actually got the bus moving forward a bit in the 2nd half.

midfielder

I have not given up as yet because we still have players to come in... but we are looking like we will struggle to win a game.

Its not the coach, we simply don't have the talent and a couple of the senior players don't seem to be A-League standard anymore...

I have long suspected we have an owner who wants to reduce his losses as much as possible and sell the club at a profit as the A-League rises in value... same too the Nux owners...

JoyfulPenguin

That was one soul destroying game, only worse performance I have seen in person was probably our loss to Green Gully. This was probably more painful because there was a faint glimmer of hope before this one.

Consistently it took only one ball for Victory to completely take our midfield and full backs out of the equation, Melling needed to be dragged at half time and probably McGlinchey as well. Golec I can forgive for his brain snap as he was the only well positioned defender we had for most of the night. Rowles and Clisby were too far away from their Centre halves and it allowed Victory to simply overlap behind them and whip a dangerous ball in. Having Clisby and Rowles, two natural central defenders, as our full backs meant that Victory could sit back and double team Pain/Oar because they knew both were incapable of crossing.

Melling's passing was atrocious all night, even when he attempted a simple balls. Victory intentionally gave him space because they knew he was incapable or passing accurately. O'Neill made very little impact on the game both defensively and with the ball, he was pressed as soon as he got the ball and forced backwards or to Melling. McGlinchey offered next to nothing defensively and then would give up the ball with a poor touch. Was impressed by Shabow's quick ball movement and reflexes for the goal, would be interesting to see him start next week. Hoole has seemingly finally got rid of his endless dribbling into blind corridors hopefully he maintains that.

Pain might be finally fulfilling his potential, was by far our best tonight, if only he had a consistent right foot. Oar should glimpses of his quality and cut inside dangerously numerous times, McCormack and Pain didn't seem like they expected this though and made pretty poor runs to accommodate him. He probably could have done better with some of his through balls to McCormack as well. McCormack was constantly isolated and the launched long balls to him did not help.

I cannot see us doing well against Perth next week, without significant improvement it will be 5 or more.

Forum Phoenix

Have we clicked or have MVC taken their foot off the gas?
Both. Finally in Hoole someone was managing to link the play. Weemac looked scared every time MV ran at him.

next week at the league leaders it should be back to basics. That's what should have happened today.
Name a back four and play with a back four to cut out all the space for the attackers.
Looked like a lot of the time we were playing with a back three with either Rowles or Clisby jogging back.
shouldn't have been any need for them to go forward so far with five in midfield.

someone this morning in the thread mentioned parking the bus. I'm not a fan of that, but perhaps that what we should have done.

Yeah that was was me. Not a fan of it either. But hate losing more.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Rowles not being a natural full back and even worse, playing on the right. Killed us going forward, made us one dimensional. And that’s not necessarily a blight on him. He won’t say no to 90minutes each week.

We were so bright for half an hour then just crumbled. Then showed a little when victory sat back.
But there’s so much work to do and I think we’re atleast a month away from a good solid 90minutes coupled with 3 points.

Kennedy is pathetic. But Pearce is worse. And Gauci isn’t ready.
Golec is playing horribly right now. Needs to be dropped.
Ross was more involved but still so lazy.
I’m a Pain critic but he was our only good light today. Oar was better but still not good enough YET. For the quality he has.

Dropping Tom H bit us because no way in f**king hell would he consistently give away the ball like Melling did. A player as good as Tom H will always put in a better performance the week after a shit one. So I fear something is going on there.

Move Rowles next to Cisse and bring in McGing or Millar. If anything it makes us more balanced.

Surely Tom H was injured and not simply dropped from the squad??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred