• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 3 - Perth v CCM @ nib

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

PG second goal would have been off side if Roux stepped up but he was caught bludging out on the side and kept Taggart on side.

Bingham useless please give a Powell a go next week.
Yep. Would have been nice if Baro and Golec would try to chase down rather than stand and stare at the AR. One thing every single defender gets taught (although no defender does anything different)

Wombat

You know, last season, our first ...was it 4? Matches were clearly decided by refereeing errors. One goal and refereeing errors.
This season? No, it's just because we're a f***** embarrassment to the sport.
We're actually having a WORSE start to the season than last season.

....is it possible that our team and tactics are actually WORSE????

No that is stupid. We are playing well but the back 5 are an issue. Glover hasn't convinced me but i can see and awesome keeper in there.

Storm is on a 90 min defensive holiday as usual but whoever sets the defence needs to go back to coaching school.

Wombat

Too harsh.
We were the better side.
Pain was MOM. Golec looked much better. Rose did ok. Brama improved.
The defence plays like a professional back 4 and we win that game. I thought the Perth winner was offside but Fox (as usual) didnt show any replays.

Last edited:

NoDiggity

We have a good squad this year. A strong spine. What we lack is experience playing with each other. Give it a couple games and we will come good. It's too early to start the PO Out chant. I think give it till week 10 to see how the team gels. #positivethinking #asguttedasyou

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Too harsh.
We were the better side.
Pain was MOM. Golec looked much better. Rose did ok. Brama improved.
The defence plays like a professional back 4 and we will that game. I thought the Perth winner was offside but Fox (as usual) didnt show any replays.
Clearly we weren't the better side if we f****** lose. We dominated the first half but didn't do shit with it. By halftime Glory looked more likely to score than we did. Possession and attack we can do. An actual useful attack? Wouldn't know where to start. Finishing? Never 'eard of 'er.

Defence played like a professional back 4? Like a professional what? Professional in the sense that the 3 stooges are professional idiots? Our defence is deadset atrocious. Has been for years. Glory discovered our flaws and exploited those. They didn't even have to get creative - just send the same ball down the left hand time and we still couldn't adapt to it. No real structure in the middle either, not when it matters. You'd have to be on some of Bozza's gear pretty hard to accuse our back 4 of being a professional unit.

And not sure what you were watching - Fox showed several replays. Roux let the whole team down by standing scratching his balls well behind the centre backs and created this huge onside zone in behind the centre of our back line. Perth weren't even close to being offside on that one.

Wombat

Clearly we weren't the better side if we f****** lose. We dominated the first half but didn't do shit with it. By halftime Glory looked more likely to score than we did. Possession and attack we can do. An actual useful attack? Wouldn't know where to start. Finishing? Never 'eard of 'er.

Defence played like a professional back 4? Like a professional what? Professional in the sense that the 3 stooges are professional idiots? Our defence is deadset atrocious. Has been for years. Glory discovered our flaws and exploited those. They didn't even have to get creative - just send the same ball down the left hand time and we still couldn't adapt to it. No real structure in the middle either, not when it matters. You'd have to be on some of Bozza's gear pretty hard to accuse our back 4 of being a professional unit.

And not sure what you were watching - Fox showed several replays. Roux let the whole team down by standing scratching his balls well behind the centre backs and created this huge onside zone in behind the centre of our back line. Perth weren't even close to being offside on that one.

I saw 1 replay and people wouldnt shut the f**k up for me to watch it properly.
Your review indicates you might be on Bozza's gear or worse.
Maybe you are a bit still a bit het up about your whole gay marrage vote?

Wombat

f**k off idiot. Go and preach your 'gays are paedophiles' hate stuff on the street. - no, wait, you're just another whingey little keyboard warrior, wouldn't have the balls to do anything like that. NFI why I bothered un-ignoring your stupidity to start with. Threads make so much more sense without your incessant rubbish.

Not a keyboard warrior. Come see me anytime you are on the coast and fancy a friendly spar.................no that is not a hot tub offer Captain!!

scottmac

Suspended
Just looking at that second goal the backline was ridiculously high. I don't think Paolo is setting us up for wins playing that risky. We didn't play that high during the pre season from memory.

Anyway hes going to have to adjust as we've played 3 times and got 3 teams that just pump the long ball to beat us. And it's worked. We are going to get it alot more.

Ozhammer

Whilst it is fair up to a point to bag our defence for not dealing with the long ball, our midfield also needs to be called to account for not preventing PG being able to send it over the top in the first place.

Gratis

I'm stuck in far North Qld with limited intermittent internet and no Fox and no stream.

Sounding bad, but a summary would be appreciated.
I thought at times, and for extended periods at that, we were superb. Fast play, clever, sharp passing, great individual skill. We ran rings around Perth for good chunks of the game.

The loss was two pronged. We didn't finish many of the excellent chances we created (as usual) and played a high line whilst playing high intensity. This meant in the second half as we tired Perth chipped them over the backline and ran into the ball with pace. Our defence both didn't cope with and didn't adapt to that. I'm calling poor strategy from the bench on that. [It did take the roar a good swag of their first season playing that way before they were any good at it though.]
You just wait til you see replays of the missed chances too...face in hands stuff.

But when we were good, boy oh boy were we good. The best I've seen since the golden days of yore.

We need a planB though for later in a game when we start to tire - shore up the defence with a tight 442 or something. Maintaining the high line when it's clearly getting the wobbles is game losing stuff. Maybe Okon sees this as learning in the forge time, building in the steel for the future.

Forum Phoenix

The loss really hurt. But we played a lot of good football. On balance agree with wombat we were the better side except the one place it counted. We lack depth and pace through our centre backs and we should have killed it off. You must be clinical at this level or it will haunt you. This for mine were the only major flaws I saw, do not see major coaching issues or think we’re shit at all. Just a shit result.

Suck it up lads and keep it together. Far too early to lose all hope. We look vastly better than the past three years.

pjennings

The loss really hurt. But we played a lot of good football. On balance agree with wombat we were the better side except the one place it counted. We lack depth and pace through our centre backs and we should have killed it off. You must be clinical at this level or it will haunt you. This for mine were the only major flaws I saw, do not see major coaching issues or think we’re shit at all. Just a shit result.

Suck it up lads and keep it together. Far too early to lose all hope. We look vastly better than the past three years.

While I agree wholeheartedly with your last paragraph I do think Paolo needs to make a statement that there are consequences to not doing your job. McGing, and Golec were poor defensively against the Jets. Storm Boy got caught again not lining up correctly in the backline. Baro I'm not convinced is the answer as captain. Bingers looks to have gone backwards.

For the next game I would like to see what I think are our strongest XI on the pitch.

---------------Glover------------

Hiariej----Baro----Rowles----Rose

-----------Rose----Brama---------

Hoole---------De Silva-------Pain

---------------Asdrubal-----------

Bench: Kennedy, Golec, Appiah-Kubi, Powell, Buhagiar

I preferred Rowles in pre-season to Golec. If fit I would like to start with him. Storm can have a rest for the weekend with Tommy, who has played 40 games at RB in Holland can show him that there is competition for his spot. Liam Rose can partner Brama in the middle. Hoole comes back for Kubi.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred