• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 24 vs Perth

Big Al

Maybe I missed it but why is Staj "better" than Mulvery?

Same players picked - Judas, Hoole and Simon getting a run - watched Mallon and still played him over Pain.
Played Murray out of position then had to hook him because he wanted to keep Simon on - then after Murray was hooked, had to sub Simon and we had no striker on the pitch
Going 4231 is a no brainer but any of us here would have gone to a flat back 4.
Simon has a back injury and no pace so our tactic was to play through balls?
Simon showed his lack of respect for him (and all of us) by giving the armband to Judas

I look forward to being corrected
3-2 vs Newcastle

Mic drop

(Got bloody lucky they didn’t blow that but who cares shhhh only the score matters)

Big Al

Got another one for you @FFC Mariner if beating the local scum rivals doesn’t work for you.
He actually plays that injured Tom H player we all heard about
Oh final one.

He corrects mistakes. We used to blow leads consistently.

After one game of almost doing it again he put a stop to it. We haven’t scored again and therefore haven’t blow a lead under Staj. Magic :D

I agree with you about Simon and pain. That’s a concern even if it’s club politics.
Mallon is a one trick pony who has had one good game. Pain deserves to be played.

Murray should lead the line like scum game and Mat should be a SFC style sub.
Otherwise the tactics are much better

Ads

Should be breeding at least 1 new fullback.
And spreading the quality as well as giving Murray the chance to shine and letting Simon hold and protect the ball.
And unleash Miller as a proper attacker to snag some positive results moving into next year.
They need a healthy mix of putting on best team and also looking at next year.
I would have gone 4-4-1-1

Glass. Aspro O’Neill. Clisby
Miller. Tom. Melling. Pain
Simon
Murray

Kekeris - Miller: 65min
Nisbit - Tom or Mel: 70min
Rowles - Backup/Slow game: 80min

turbo

But the attack is, IMO, worse.

It was never good and has always ebbed and flowed depending on the quality of defence we're playing. Perth were all over our crosses and without an alternative approach we had very little. When we had a chance to poach some scraps (where quite a few goals have come from) we couldn't take it. Missed good chances against Adelaide early too.

For me the telling difference between Staj and Mulvey is Staj has made someone else's team look more competitive in a space of a few weeks. He's probably still under a bit of pressure to give everyone a chance to prove themselves under his tenure which might explain some selection choices. He can't work miracles or pull a creative mid out of nowhere so he's tightening up what he can and I don't believe we'd be sitting in 10th if he was our coach from the start even with the same group. 8th or 9th would be more likely but that would take a little pressure off us.

Simon
Murray

I don't know what the answer is but the kind of fast play that has worked well for Murray seems to be the opposite of what Simon thrives on. Whenever we see Simon getting the ball with Murray in a position to go on it's always a case of win the ball, turn, protect, look for an option and then the opening is gone. It's safe play and maybe a coaching directive but unless he can change things up we need to look at someone else or doing something different.

marinermick

Should be breeding at least 1 new fullback.
And spreading the quality as well as giving Murray the chance to shine and letting Simon hold and protect the ball.
And unleash Miller as a proper attacker to snag some positive results moving into next year.
They need a healthy mix of putting on best team and also looking at next year.
I would have gone 4-4-1-1

Simon
Murray

Kekeris - Miller: 65min
Nisbit - Tom or Mel: 70min
Rowles - Backup/Slow game: 80min

Karacan?

Antlion

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/opta-reveals-every-clubs-best-player-round-24

Central Coast Mariners - Andrew Hoole

Andrew Hoole only needed a short cameo off the substitutes' bench to remind fans of his ability to provide lethal ammunition from out wide.

The Mariners star featured for just 23 minutes of his side's 3-0 defeat to Perth Glory on Sunday but registered three successful crosses.

Only Melbourne City's French midfielder Florin Berenguer (four) managed more in Round 24.

marinermick

Andrew Hoole only needed a short cameo off the substitutes' bench to remind fans of his ability to provide lethal ammunition from out wide.

The Mariners star featured for just 23 minutes of his side's 3-0 defeat to Perth Glory on Sunday but registered three successful crosses.

Only Melbourne City's French midfielder Florin Berenguer (four) managed more in Round 24.

Some of the reporting on the Mariners has been piss-taking this season

Forum Phoenix

TBH I think Murray has shown signs of being very effective with limited service when played in the correct position. Most of the time he has played as RW (in spite of what the stats say on transfermarket) when he has played in tandem with Matty. I think he will shine with a proper 10 as a central striker as he did at Apia-Leichhardt. He also wins an incredible amount of aerial duals against larger CBs
I'm impressed by his aerial ability also, he's generally solid, I was just writing in the squad thread I'd be happy to keep him for another year, but imo at this level he does not have a key attribute of pace, strength or excellence on the ball to distinguish himself as a striker at this level. I'm hoping he grow further though.

Forum Phoenix

You can't make this shit up. Except... they do.

Laziest player in the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred