• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 23 - Melbourne Victory @ Melbourne Rectangular Stadium

greenlig

Pretty horrible.

Jr. was good, got better as the game went on. Pain got two, good boy. TBT with a nice run and assist. Powell wtf are you. Everyone else punch yourself.

Okon + Jolic...jesus f**king christ.

Ozhammer

On a plane to NZ and so glad I didn’t have to watch this one, just getting the updates at the airport had me fuming inside.

Please let this be enough to earn Oklic the flick! :mad:

serious14

Imagine continuing to think what we saw today was acceptable. Imagine having created such a culture at an entire organisation that today will be ignored in its entirety before starting to fluff us up to come along on Saturday.

This insipid excuse for a _franchise_ can f**k right off. Simply unacceptable .

Forum Phoenix

About the only positive from that shellacking is that the team never gave up until the final whistle. I guess there is a message in that for our supporters.

I actually thought the team tried hard all the way through but were given yet another fools errand to try and complete.

Pass out and through a high pressing victory at home with your two best players missing from your spine?

Just madness.

Ratllled and forced to constantly scramble we were made even more mistaken prone. And it put us under so much unnecessary pressure. Only when we stopped caring and their press receded at 5 goals up could our possession game find the space it needed.

Lunacy that Okon won’t use a supplementary tactic to complement and assist what otherwise becomes his predictable and futile plan A.

When a team wants to high press like that and is hammering you, there is one guaranteed way to either make them stop or pay for it. Not to mention it’s defensively so much safer. It’s been obvious since round 7 exactly what we were all about. With just a bit of flexibility things could have been very different provided we could have overcome the lack of quality upfront, our poor depth and missing coaching expertise in our attack.

Mistakes:
We were unbelievably porous in the mids and also Powell failed to hold up the ball when trying to get forward and that combined with MV’s quality pressing meant our defence were constantly caught too high and trying to run back to goal and we’re carved up,

Rose was ok on the ball but Victory just waltzed through our central midfield. Melling is mistake prone but at least he has mongrel and we’re 20 times harder to play through with him on than junior. But I thought we already knew that??

Positives:

The team showed they care imo.
I bloody like the angry as a cut snake Pain. More please.

That drubbing should put an end to a coach whose relentless pursuit of a system that is tactically simplistic has undone all his great early work and consigned the fans to yet another year of suffering.

It’s a shame. His recruiting was mostly excellent and he seemed to have so much passion at first

However backing your self is one thing, but adhering to your philosophy no matter the outcome and any and all evidence before you...

That’s just stubborn and or arrogant and foolish.

Paolo has to go.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

I hate c**ts that allude to some positive news but then don't actually tell us what it is.

f**king tease needs to stfu.

He’s a journalist spacks. He can’t just say what he’s been told if hes been asked to be silent about it.

But he can still send out a tweet that offers a small if unclear Ray of hope when he knows the fans are badly bleeding and doesn’t want us all to slit our wrists.

(See what I did there ;))

Personally I’m grateful for anything I can get.

We need change badly. He’s implying it’s coming, love it. Get on it.

Ozhammer

Meaningful change is an absolute minimum if the club is even remotely serious about paying back fans’ loyalty to date.

No more false dawns, no more double speak, no more deliberate under investment, no more coaches on training wheels, no more trashing of the Mariners’s culture, no more spin and mealy mouthed platitudes, no more failing to be accountable and most of all, no more taking fans for granted.

SM and MC I sincerely hope you are both taking notes.

Insertnamehere

Meaningful change is an absolute minimum if the club is even remotely serious about paying back fans’ loyalty to date.

No more false dawns, no more double speak, no more deliberate under investment, no more coaches on training wheels, no more trashing of the Mariners’s culture, no more spin and mealy mouthed platitudes, no more failing to be accountable and most of all, no more taking fans for granted.

SM and MC I sincerely hope you are both taking notes.
Great summary.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred