• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 21 - CCM v Nix at Gosford (Friday night)

Wombat

Haha yeah agree.

In the last decade playing strikers on the wing has become all the rage though.

It works sometimes, but even at the highest level you see it really not work for player or coach a lot. I think 433 (in all its variants) with the modern wingback has a lot to do with it. Especially when actual wingers are being converted to wing backs.

But the thing is sure there’s overlap in some skills, but it’s still a very different role with different primary requirements and obviously a different primary skill. And if you’ve been focusing on one role since you were a youngster, you may be able to do a decent version of the other, but do it as well?

We wrecked Dukes chance of having a career as a striker imo. Juric was no better than him early on. Bingham, if he’d had half a dozen games in a row up front and scored 3. Probably would have a very different career trajectory on his hands. Trent...I’m not sure Trent will ever be a great winger. But I do think maybe he could be a great striker.

Imagine we’d stuck Matty simons on the wing after failing to score in his first season. Would have disappeared from the Hal a year later.

So yeah, Skapetis up front where he plays and hopefully proves he belongs.

I seam to remember Moss tried to play Matty on the wing for a few games?? Or do i need another shot of Greenligs fanny bay?

Forum Phoenix

Like I’ve said before, I still see it as a great privilege that I get to go and watch a team I love (in the broader sense) in the countries top league in one of the most beautiful stadiums in the world with my family and friends (the ones who still come that is). So will never miss a game if I can help it.

But we really need to start turning things around. Get pumped by Welly tonight and it will be ugly. Not saying we will. But they don’t want the spoon either and are going to be determined to fight and win. And I think in attack they have better weapons.

Brama and Golec back are two big plusses. My worry is scoring. Though we managed it with aplomb last time - our attack from open play rarely has the edge needed to score.

Pirate Pete

I'll be there. Won't be heading to Bay 16. Had a cold all week. Still feel crap. Not really up to it. Probably better I don't spread the germs

Not finishing work till 7,30.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Member Exclusive, today's starting XI: Kennedy, Roux, Golec, Baro, McGing, Brama, Hiariej, De Silva, Hoole, Buhagiar, Skapetis #CCMFC Opt-out reply Stop

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred