• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 20 - Adelaide v CCM @ Coopers

bikinigirl

As to Okon and Jolic...

Their lack of tactical or rhythmic shift in the second half was very poor and our subs came FAR to late. Surely they can see what's happening? But it's like because they do all the pre planning with mapping out whose doing however many minutes blah blah that they don't even watch the actual game and respond to it anymore. Subs are not meant to just be for tired or injured players, they're supposed to be f**king tactical as well.

. yep ... it's so frustrating

. at about 55 mins i was thinking - time to make a sub, ram home the numerical advantage - Powell is offering nothing and despite still making runs TBT was gone mentally. soon after we miss a tap-in, then Adelaide score to steal the momentum ... and it's all too late

. when the first sub finally comes ... it was only to replace an injured defender - and as Ozhammer pointed out Okon re-shuffled the whole back line to accommodate it. why not a like for like replacement with Rosebud? oh yeah, because the plan was probably to run Melling ragged and swap him out for Rosebud with 5 minutes remaining ... 5 minutes FFS - what was that to achieve?

adz

Staff member

Ha yeah - commentators banging on about how when a team goes down to 10 men they lift, and CCM struggles against that... pretty sure we struggle anyway, so couldn't resist throwing that out there.

I don't usually like to post 'negative' stuff or anything bagging the team, but it's been pretty hard to take this season and there really isn't that much to say, so the account is usually fairly silent ;)

marinerbhoy

To me it's simple, Okon does not believe in the soul this proud club once had. He should be removed now, not at the end of the season, but now. Send a message to the payers and the fans. Unfortunately, Lawrie isn't available but he would be the type of person we need right now at the club. We have regressed so far beyond what he left behind. Bring back the culture then find a more 'polished' manager like Arnie was to continue under a bit of Mariners soul.

Big Al

To me it's simple, Okon does not believe in the soul this proud club once had. He should be removed now, not at the end of the season, but now. Send a message to the payers and the fans. Unfortunately, Lawrie isn't available but he would be the type of person we need right now at the club. We have regressed so far beyond what he left behind. Bring back the culture then find a more 'polished' manager like Arnie was to continue under a bit of Mariners soul.
Does Marko Kurtz have a brother? What a coach he is.

What about Aussie Bert, he’s not doing anything after the WC.

Next coach must never have heard of the national curriculum

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
f**k me , these draws from the jaws of victory are getting dreary...Okon and Jolic are a pair of single minded twats, clearly that see what were seeing but have such faith in their"system" they wont alter it....I remember when i thought Nash was the worse member of the coaching team, THATS CHANGED...I tweeyed Okon last night and vented my displeasure at his lack of flexibility...bet ya it got deleted
NOW... Roux has been getting worse and worse since the leg break, and he wasnt that crash hot before , Both Roses are the drizzling shits, Powell is on strike not a striker and bloody Buhagar, ive never seen anything in him, his quick, big f**kin whoop, his the white Kwabi...he was shit before the recent olyroos, his been worse since....Skapetis, Tom and the dutchman must be scratching their fkn heads...I know everybody else is

Tevor

We deserve the spoon after that rubbish. Interesting to see what the club does when it happens. Nix game is a true battle for the spoon, definitely didn’t think we would be such a serious contender this year. Want to like Okon but i’ve lost faith. Even going into games with no expectations isn’t working any more. The club has the rest of season to prove why I part with my $$$ next season.

Insertnamehere

f**k me , these draws from the jaws of victory are getting dreary...Okon and Jolic are a pair of single minded twats, clearly that see what were seeing but have such faith in their"system" they wont alter it....I remember when i thought Nash was the worse member of the coaching team, THATS CHANGED...I tweeyed Okon last night and vented my displeasure at his lack of flexibility...bet ya it got deleted
NOW... Roux has been getting worse and worse since the leg break, and he wasnt that crash hot before , Both Roses are the drizzling shits, Powell is on strike not a striker and bloody Buhagar, ive never seen anything in him, his quick, big f**kin whoop, his the white Kwabi...he was shit before the recent olyroos, his been worse since....Skapetis, Tom and the dutchman must be scratching their fkn heads...I know everybody else is
Was okons Twitter account always private?? Is now.

shipwreck

Real glad we let Okon clean out our culture, got rid of Hutch, Monty and anyone with a sniff of the passion we're so desperately lacking.

Well done indeed.

Ozhammer

For those that may not have picked up on it, here is one example of the gulf of difference between Paolo and Kurz in terms of their coaching intelligence. When we had corners, Adelaide’s last man was Mileusnic, who was put there specifically to counter the threat of TBT’s pace, whereas our last man towards the end of the game was Rose senior, possibly our slowest and weakest defender. Hmmmmm

There were lots of other examples, including the back line reshuffle to accommodate a solitary change, no positive substitution (Skapetis) shortly after the restart followed by a like for like change for Melling when Pain was on the bench.

That was why we didn’t get more than a draw from this match, despite playing against 10 men. I was always taught as an amateur coach, that unless you are absolutely bossing a game where you have a numerical advantage, you change shape or personnel to ram home that advantage. I personally didn’t see any evidence of that last night.

Note to Okon: THIS WAS A MUST WIN GAME

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
gXxvF5.jpg

Gratis

I'm on board.
Been happy with recruitment, some of our play and improved defence.
Have not been happy with inflexibility, rinse and repeat tactics, slow transition and awful team selections and substitutions.
It's nothing personal but the inability to change anything when we are having such a dismal season is unacceptable.

I see our problems as bigger than the coaching staff though and frankly unless addressed it may all be moot.
That said Okon is not doing the job we need him to, and is showing no signs he is about to. Thus, and in some ways reluctantly, I'm am now in the #okonout bandwagon

Wombat

I'm not in the Okon out camp yet but I would suggest he dumps Jolic for a far better Football brain. Someone like Ian Crook would good.

Forum Phoenix

I'm on board.
Been happy with recruitment, some of our play and improved defence.
Have not been happy with inflexibility, rinse and repeat tactics, slow transition and awful team selections and substitutions.
It's nothing personal but the inability to change anything when we are having such a dismal season is unacceptable.

I see our problems as bigger than the coaching staff though and frankly unless addressed it may all be moot.
That said Okon is not doing the job we need him to, and is showing no signs he is about to. Thus, and in some ways reluctantly, I'm am now in the #okonout bandwagon

Like you’re inside my head.

I’m still struggling to pull the pin on the grenade only because from what we saw I’m sure with proper spend / right players his system will work. But no back up plan has proven its weakness.

But what’s also tipping me over is that his passion has clearly gone right when we needed it most.

I loved his earlier intensity and fire but now it’s gone. And in my books when the chips are down is when you have to fight hardest. And at the very least go down fighting and win as much respect as you can.

Okon has gone into his shell. And when it comes to that I don’t care about any other issues you face, there’s no excuse, because how much you give is still in your own power. And he’s morphed into a very different presence as a coach.

I’m now thinking the incredible loss of energy we saw at home recently must have at least in part been informed by his clear emotional change. Not like players don’t pick up on that stuff and are affected. Especially young players. Like say the prodigy 10 you convinced to come here.

Resigned and despondent does not impress me in a coach and is a recipe for disaster. But I have no idea where his fight has gone, and that’s on him.

Maybe it was a covert offer he’s already had from down the road. Maybe it was the VAR, maybe it was the lack of expenditure. But even all of the above is not an acceptable excuse.

We needed to win ten times more than AU and had every chance but we were completely out passioned on field, but off field even more so.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred