• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 2 Methcarthur away

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Simon would pull that shit on Hulk if we made ACL. No doubt about it.
On a serious note it was a little reckless but IMO calculated and trying to rattle their new young gun.
I don't think it was calculated, the way he played after showed Simon had lost concentration and lost his temper. It was a reaction. Don't know what to. Bozza is a deadset f**kwit who still passionately hates us....Simon isn't afraid of anybody.

LFCMariners

Was out for a walk yesterday afternoon and so missed the 1st half (despite keeping updated on the score via the BAL app). Then coming into Terrigal passed the beer garden I saw it was re-opened so went in, grabbed a drink and sat in the nicely decked out brand new sports-bar to watch the 2nd half. Some fantastic saves from Birra again, and while I'd say we were fortunate to play Macarthur at such an early stage of the season (before they really click as a squad) the CCM defence was solid again despite Macarthur having far more possession and ball in their quarter. That goal at the death to ice it was all attitude and determination. I'm cautious of getting too optimistic yet having seen previous campaigns where the team started the season looking improved before a slump or got a promising result against a good opponent before reverting to shit BUT-

The attitude is looking better across the park, far more secure with a lead or under pressure and with the new recruits joining in addition to B2B wins, morale should be at it's highest in some time throughout the club right now. If only we could find a new owner who is the real deal...

style_cafe

Well...there you go back to back on the road wins ..been a fair while
both goals were great ...Bouman was great , NizzMonsta was same as NYE , RT and Kye were on point
Birraz is a superhero , Olly Boz , Clis and DDS were great ...Matty Simon didn’t kill someone or get a card , so that’s a thing even if Bozza called him a bully and after watching the game I reckon Staj might just be starting change my mind
Matty got a card and was very lucky not to be sent just before he was taken off...in fact he thanked the referee and shook his hand when he was subbed...:popcorn:

Last edited:

style_cafe

A great win with everyone playing their part as has been said before.
Some of DDS passing out of tight spaces and I think one to create for Clisby were just special. Obviously his confidence and the confidence of those around him makes a huge difference. Crazy to say too but I reckon Ollie has changed this team. The energy and confidence he brings to our midfield now is intangible. He and Stens are looking like a very formidable combination.
That was just superb to watch and should be on a Mariner`s highlight reel for all Mariner`s juniors to watch.
Certainly better than many Coerver moves.

I was impressed by Bouman too, he`s an absolute beast. Big, strong, good in the air and so intelligent the way he sucked Fedder`s out of goal and slipped it to the unmarked Smylie. I think he`ll be one of the finds of the season.

PP on the prices of the Bull pen..did you actually see how many people they had there? All up about 20 talk about a marketing flop.
And after about 5 mins I was like,"stick your bell`s up your arse". Bloody annoying more than anything...:popcorn:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

This is the bit I don't understand - we rehabilitated his image.
I know, yet he very clearly despises us.

Jog my memory - why did he leave? He was only signed on for a short contract, wasn't he?

I can only think that SOMETHING must have happened at the end.

Either he thought we'd keep him and we weren't interested, or perhaps there was a substance-related problem that he got caught out with but is throwing an eternal hissy fit rather than taking responsibility. Just trying to hypothesis what's plausible.

Just re-watched the 2nd goal. Both Staj and Simon raced over to calm them down and get the boys focused. Simon was pointing at them to get back.
Great to see we are becoming ruthless professional bastards like we were under Arnie
I did notice Staj was getting them focused - missed Matty doing it. It was good to see that Staj was very well aware that the game wasn't won - and the Bulls could definitely have equalised if we lost focused, even in that short time frame. Heck, we've done it.

I'm loving our fitness as well.

And especially consider that defending is tiring - and we did nothing but defend that 2nd half, yet we still had enough in the tank to have a few players sprint hard when it was needed.

Melange

And fkn Bozza virtually called him a bully on air , dickhead babbled something like “ Simon wouldn’t dare try something like that on Franjic” ....I think he would to be fair

What sh!ts me is every week Bozza and co get at least three chances a game to say how much of a dirty cheat their part time co commentator Georgievski is, or their co commentator O'Donovan is, out back in the day Muscat, but no, they'd never criticise their buddies, least of all in the way Bozza carried on about Simon.

Avoca

RE: Bozza

It appears the Mariners treated Mark Bosnich well. In 2008, a corporate lunch was even held for the guest player.

“While we will be hoping to build some form of future involvement between Mark and the Mariners, we’ve thoroughly enjoyed having Mark with us throughout the duration of his initial trial period and subsequent seven-round stay with the Mariners,” said Executive Chairman Lyall Gorman.

Tickets to the Bye Bye Bosnich luncheon were $100 per person.

Forum Phoenix

Was out for a walk yesterday afternoon and so missed the 1st half (despite keeping updated on the score via the BAL app). Then coming into Terrigal passed the beer garden I saw it was re-opened so went in, grabbed a drink and sat in the nicely decked out brand new sports-bar to watch the 2nd half. Some fantastic saves from Birra again, and while I'd say we were fortunate to play Macarthur at such an early stage of the season (before they really click as a squad) the CCM defence was solid again despite Macarthur having far more possession and ball in their quarter. That goal at the death to ice it was all attitude and determination. I'm cautious of getting too optimistic yet having seen previous campaigns where the team started the season looking improved before a slump or got a promising result against a good opponent before reverting to shit BUT-

The attitude is looking better across the park, far more secure with a lead or under pressure and with the new recruits joining in addition to B2B wins, morale should be at it's highest in some time throughout the club right now. If only we could find a new owner who is the real deal...
We’re a team. Not flash, least not yet, but we actually know what we’re doing and we’re playing as a team for the first time since Arnie. Results aside. That’s the reason for a different kind of optimism this year imo. That, our coach, and a glut of really talented youth.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami