• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 19 - CCM v WSW at Gosford

Gratis

Transition should always have been a big part of our approach based on the speed we have in the team. Crazy not to use that weapon

Tevor

Transition should always have been a big part of our approach based on the speed we have in the team. Crazy not to use that weapon
My biggest frustration with this season has been our slow transition, you can see the opportunities in front of them but they slow the play or pass back instead of running at a fractured defence.

Big Al

Will be an interesting text this week.

Is Josh fit? Roux for him if not
Liam or Posco at CB. Surely Liam
Hoole is he out of the bad books?
Skapetis get ahead of Powell? I doubt it.
TBT over Wales? Or keep Wales as 2nd 10
Kennedy made to bad passes last week but has been good enough to have a bad game

My team
Kennedy
McGing L Rose Golec Roux
Tom and Melling
TBT DDS Hoole
Powell

Bench
Skapetis Wales Posco Berry

Forum Phoenix

Truth is we'll probably win. We tend to win the unexpected ones.
Buuuut I'm going with: we will lose. Too many key players out and a weaker squad than before.

We played our worst game of the season last week, our best defender and captain is out, one of our best players in Wout is out, a defensively suspect LB will be playing at RB, we've lost 2 and are without a 3rd of what were our startling 11 attackers previously (ok maybe one positive ;)) but we have failed to replace them in the transfer window, a 4th has been under some weird rumour cloud and was left out last week, we cannot score, and our coach is rumoured to be leaving us shortly for the "big team" down the road.

Honestly Gratis, sometimes... I just don't get all the negative negative negative stuff that comes out of you. :innocent:

Last edited:

Wombat

We played our worst game of the season last week, our best defender and captain is out, one of our best players in Wout is out, a defensively suspect LB will be playing at RB, we've lost 2 and are without a 3rd of what were our startling 11 attackers previously (ok maybe one positive ;)) but we have failed to replace them in the transfer window, a 4th has been under some weird rumour cloud and was left out last week, we cannot score, and our coach is rumoured to be leaving us shortly for the "big team" down the road.

Honestly Gratis, sometimes... I just don't get all the negative negative negative stuff that comes out of you. :innocent:

Its only the f**king Wanderers. They are shit and we can beat them. Melling for Wout is no loss if he doesn't f**k up...he actually gives us better go forward.

midfielder

With the new Aussie coach more than likely coming to our game I can see the kids in both teams playing their backsides off.

DDS is on everyone's list as a potential to Russia..

Mooy form is right down with his teams fans calling for him to be rested...

Powell was signed as a back up striker ....

The scoring ratio between Skapetis and DDS at under 23 level is high I guess we all read the eight assists by DDS to Skapetis to score.

As for Rose Budd or Postco to CB... thats a tough call leave that to the coach ...

We can win this one ....

Rowdy

As for Rose Budd or Postco to CB... thats a tough call leave that to the coach ..

Posco's had way more game time whilst at Glory, ALL OF WHICH as CB.
- comparingly, & dissapointingly, Jnr has had sweet-f-all with us.

Despite being a massive fan of Jnr,
Posco slips straight into CB for mine,
...... purely on match fitness

true believer

so our style of play is not working
i believe the system we use isn't ever going to work
it nearly cost australia world cup qualification .

middy said to me that "the system produces midfielders , but not strikers"
it worked in brisbane because they had broch and barisha

its time for a change . even long ball based on speed .

Pirate Pete

I thought we'd play long ball and speed 2nd half last week. Would have been ideal conditions.
Had to get two goals. Wind behind us.

Last edited:

Big Al

So despite playing like absolute crap for 2 months our season comes down to today

If we beat WSW and Roar lose to City we are in the 6. Wow but if we loose WSW go 6 clear and have s game against Nix in hand. We only have 3 wins so catching them would be impossible.

Big performance from our boys required. Lets hope the ref and VAR doesn’t ruin this one and Kennedy if you play today watch those passes

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

its time for a change . even long ball based on speed .
Possibly. Our attacking third is so terrible that I kind of can't help but feel that it doesn't matter what our strategy is.
I feel like we should be creating more fast 2-on-1 and 1-on-1 scenarios against a thinned out backline. Sydney managed to do that against us and it always looks dangerous, despite the fact that we have a pretty solid defence. Goals Against has slipped down to 5th in the league - but our attack skews this negatively. By that I mean, when you score goals and especially get a couple up, it affects the psychology of the match and can make it harder to score. When all you've got is controlling it in the midfield, you're just inviting the other team to attack. So in a way, I reckon our GA could easily be 2nd (we're on 25, 2nd place is MCY on 21) in the league if our attack was doing their job.

Anyway, back on point. We're finding that we get into the box a lot, but we're usually doing against even numbers of defenders. And at these times and when we are hitting it with pace, we're making bad choices and/or our attackers aren't running off-the-ball well enough to create opportunities and/or our ball carrier is completely unsupported and/or we aren't running it ourselves when that's the best option and/or on the rare moments we shoot, they're not good shots.

maybe a fast counter style would leave us upfield with more simple options where shooting becomes the only outcome.

Big Al

Want to see TBT start today. He is ineffective off the bench. He finds it hard to get into the game and doesn’t impose himself.

With Appiah gone we can use him on the right and he will have time to work into the game as well as we can use his speed over a longer period.

Will be interested to see if we go the two tens with DDS and Wales with Hoole on left
Or if Hoole is still on the nose TBT on RW with Wales on the left

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I really want to see Wales come into his own. I know it's hard stepping up from NYL to HAL, but he showed promise coming off the bench, though when starting he seems to have been unable to really assert himself and show what he's capable of. I'm hoping he's able to get past that fairly soon.

Big Al

I really want to see Wales come into his own. I know it's hard stepping up from NYL to HAL, but he showed promise coming off the bench, though when starting he seems to have been unable to really assert himself and show what he's capable of. I'm hoping he's able to get past that fairly soon.
He has been all at sea but had the nice assist for Powell last week and putting in some good crosses and free kicks.
Needs to get fit and up to speed of the game.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

He has been all at sea but had the nice assist for Powell last week and putting in some good crosses and free kicks.
Needs to get fit and up to speed of the game.
I think that's it. NYL is just way, way too far from the HAL in terms of physicality and intensity, and just the overall psychology of the game.

Timmah

DVKVkRTUQAAvjMC.jpg:large

Hoole Wales Powell across the front by the looks.

Certainly puts the Hoole rumours to rest I'd say. And Rose for that matter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred