• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 19 - CCM v WSW at Gosford

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So Kwabis gone Does that mean Skep starts?, I mean geez, you bought him to hook up with DDS and you don’t play him ....if not then we got Blakey to be the striker ...maybe it’s time for Budgie to get a shot at point man, with Skep, Wales and DDS firing the balls in to him, it may just work....anyway, I’d like a win but for obvious reasons I’m not holding my breath

Insertnamehere

So Kwabis gone Does that mean Skep starts?, I mean geez, you bought him to hook up with DDS and you don’t play him ....if not then we got Blakey to be the striker ...maybe it’s time for Budgie to get a shot at point man, with Skep, Wales and DDS firing the balls in to him, it may just work....anyway, I’d like a win but for obvious reasons I’m not holding my breath
Proper 433? Budgie/Skapetis/Powell??

JoyfulPenguin

I doubt Paolo will drop Powell after he scored. I think Trent will get his chance starting this week, Skapetis wouldn't be happy about playing wing when that was the reason he moved from Roar.

Wombat

Appiah moving on could be a great catalyst for success, in the same way we stopped leaking goals when Roux was out.

Wombat

Sometimes coaches need a jolt to wake up to themselves....coz Paul has been chillin at the Vape shop the last few weeks.

Forum Phoenix

What did Okon say the reason was? I missed that.

When asked directly he just said, "not selected" "other players doing well... so..."

I don't think you could on balance honestly say that Hoole should not be starting over our other wingers. But as rumoured may all be BTS nonsense going on.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

So squad wise this week... no Brama, no Baro (both suspended, the latter has accumulated 5 cards).

Speculation we might be welcoming Posco back after Perth released him this morning, if true he could slot straight into the backline potentially.

Otherwise it'd be great to see Skapetis get a run up the front... god knows what Sunday's team will look like. Still plenty to happen today I guess.

Yeah we're going to be thin on the ground. I hope Hoole stuff has been sorted and he's back in favour.

Timmah

Hoole back in contention. Berry, Rose and Bingham all added to the list and of course Posco joins the show.

Appiah gone, Baro & Brama suspended.

Ins
: 7.Andrew HOOLE (promoted), 14.Adam BERRY (promoted), 16.Liam ROSE (promoted), 17.Josh BINGHAM (promoted), 19.Jacob POSCOLIERO (new signing)
Outs: 13.Kwabena APPIAH (departed club), 15.Alan BARO (suspended – 1 week), 23. Wout BRAMA (suspended – 2 weeks)
Unavailable: 11.Connor PAIN (hamstring injury), 21.Kye ROWLES (foot injury)

Timmah

WSW
Ins: 15. Kearyn BACCUS (promoted), 18. Chris IKONOMIDIS (new signing), 22.Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITIS (promoted),
Outs: 42.Keanu BACCUS (suspended – 1 match)
Unavailable: 10. Álvaro CEJUDO (injured – 1 week)

Forum Phoenix

If Okon has an eye down the road and the players know it, I fear we’ll just go through the motions. Mind you if we’re terrible the next 9 weeks - that has to damage the - He’s a great coach - just lacking resources mantra currently holding sway.

Tevor

They played us off the park last time, Gombau ball seems to beat Okon ball as we were much better against WSW when under Popa's guidance as I felt they struggled with our possession football. If they don't lift for this game after the last effort then all is over this season. Draw at best, surely we can at least score one against them as their defence does not look all that strong, but then look at our attack.

Gratis

Truth is we'll probably win. We tend to win the unexpected ones.
Buuuut I'm going with: we will lose. Too many key players out and a weaker squad than before.

Insertnamehere

As van marwijk said the other day about man City. They area massive possession based team but they score the most goals on transition.
Our transition game is utterly attrocious but when we score goals from open play that's where they come. Hopefully okon can talk transition with BvM. Improve our game play for the final third of season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred