• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18. Newcastle away.

Wombat

Unless CCM pick up a keeper of equal quality. With the exception of Kennedy, generally have a history of good keepers: Vuk, Bozza, Matty, Izzo, Reddy...

I give you Trott, Redmayne, Ivan, Kennedy, Pearce and Izzo as a counter argument.

Wombat

Our lovely friends over at Terrace Novocastria tried to go the bus

Did their mums never teach them to throw rocks?
Actually that’s a stupid question. They teach f**k all in Newy. The brain dead f**ks.

You could have had a schoolboy scrap with the little runts. Would have been like watching midget fighting. (I'm huge btw)

Coastalraider

It still baffles me with our current formation hue at no time do we seem to have a numerical advantage anywhere in the pitch.

even though we play 2 up front at times, there is never anyone in the box. When we play a 4222 we never have numbers in midfield. And when we play 5 at the back, we stand off and their attackers have a huge amount of time on the ball.

it always seems like the opposition has with space and time up the middle to make easy ground, or they just switch to a diagonal and run the ball up the wing 50m - only for 1 of our supposed back 5 to have to run wide and cover, leaving 2 or 3 opposition players unmarked in the middle.

it’s absolutely baffling that we actually have a full team on the park.

Wombat

Miller——-Ziggy——Stens——Rowles
Harold——Kim——Nisbit——-Clisby
——————-Simon———————
——————-Murray———————

Duric - Simon
Jair - Murray
Oar - Clisby
Desilva back up mid.

* Giving Simon another chance to hold up ball and provide some lay-offs.
He didn’t even get the ball near him especially after the yellow and the goals.

* Jair does have some energy but I think I would try him as a super sub up front and have Murray’s energy from the start.

* Duric has lost his legs and other teams have caught up fitness wise so I think his quality could also be handy to see out games and snag those long shots when team are tired.

* Harold did put that nice one away but we desperately need some quality moving the ball diagonal to use width.
And if the team is sliding correctly to compact themselves he should end up in the middle a fair bit.

* Clisby! Haha. Get him out of the backs but his crossing is low hard and has some whip and he has pace and determination so why the f**k not unleash him.

* Stens lacks attacking quality but has been great in running down and fowling players tactically. He has good physical presence and can clear with the head.
And also solves the left back weakness by as lots have mentioned trying Rowles at left.

* Kim and Nizzy need to stay in the middle!
None of this in and out of the back shit.
They could be great together and control games.

The move of Stens to CB and Clisby to Left Wing + Harold gives us tactically more width and pace in attack.
Stens is a DM and should be able to take that load off Kim moving the ball forwards.

Tonj and Majok did alright but I think it was more the illusion of Newcastle being in front and letting guard down / Mariners trying to fight back.
Similar to how we score than almost immediately let the other team back in.

So that my long winded tactical solution to give some depth and width.
And also have some quality and experience to finish the games.

Stens is not a defender in a million years. See his pathetic attempt at a block on Scums third goal.....Ziggy or Rowles would have prevented that goal.

Ads

It still baffles me with our current formation hue at no time do we seem to have a numerical advantage anywhere in the pitch.

even though we play 2 up front at times, there is never anyone in the box. When we play a 4222 we never have numbers in midfield. And when we play 5 at the back, we stand off and their attackers have a huge amount of time on the ball.

it always seems like the opposition has with space and time up the middle to make easy ground, or they just switch to a diagonal and run the ball up the wing 50m - only for 1 of our supposed back 5 to have to run wide and cover, leaving 2 or 3 opposition players unmarked in the middle.

haha. So true.
It’s called running round like headless chooks. Even Ziggy, Kim can’t organise and direct the team. We need a leader that can take charge from centre back and read the play.
And better tactics.

Ads

Stens is not a defender in a million years. See his pathetic attempt at a block on Scums third goal.....Ziggy or Rowles would have prevented that goal.

I went in favour of strengthening left back with Rowles.
If Fox was in favour I would have put his name in for Stens.

marinermick

‘Not baffling. Our ball movement is too slow and players are not finding space to create options. Simple as that.

I was watching for that exact thing today. The amount of times we had the ball and other players were standing still, especially in the front third was staggering. Last year when we beat the Jets we turned their defenders around and got in behind them. Boogs and NTS had it easy today.

mick

Drove down from Port Macquarie to watch this, never again. Different players , coach same lazy slow play. Spoon again.

Wombat

Drove down from Port Macquarie to watch this, never again. Different players , coach same lazy slow play. Spoon again.

TBF. Port would have never looked so glorious upon return after an afternoon in Newcastle. There is always a sliver lining Mick.

Forum Phoenix

With our current playing roster DDS needs to start. We missed his work rate today and ability to hold the ball. Yeah, sure, he absolutely holds the ball too long and doesn’t have penetrative passes, but at least we do hold on to the ball unlike today. His work rate was also sorely missed and seems to be the heart beat of our midfield.

I haven't been happy with him. But we were clearly worse without him. Depressing.

Forum Phoenix

And that all came about by pressing them. Something we didn't do very well. It was tragic how easy it was for them to play out and find acres of space every time.

That lack of intensity and ease of transition for them was what probably upset me the most.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred