• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18. Newcastle away.

LFCMariners

I don't even know how to move forwards from here.

Invest in strike power up front, goal-scorers who can at least keep CCM in more games.

Managerial-wise, back or sack Staj. If we back him, get him to start on targeted players for next season and spend- but spend strategically. Need a two good forwards/ good forward and good striker, plus a good DM. But if we keep Staj, back him and let him have a say in where the money is spent.

If we sack Staj- find a manager who's popular with players and has recent results to their name. Somebody with pulling power when it comes to signings.

Forum Phoenix

The team has not been the same since Oar signed with Macarthur. He started to just go through the motions and the rest of the team seemed to lose heart.
And heart and luck was what had got us the few results we have had.

Very accurate.

We can’t underestimate the impact of key players looking elsewhere. Unsigned. Or senior players at the end of their career. Everyone and their agents have an eye on the door. You’d probably need to be Churchill to inspire the best out of this side.

Can we please just play 4231 for the rest of the season though.

jacobsfl

Invest in strike power up front, goal-scorers who can at least keep CCM in more games.

Managerial-wise, back or sack Staj. If we back him, get him to start on targeted players for next season and spend- but spend strategically. Need a two good forwards/ good forward and good striker, plus a good DM. But if we keep Staj, back him and let him have a say in where the money is spent.

If we sack Staj- find a manager who's popular with players and has recent results to their name. Somebody with pulling power when it comes to signings.

I think it would be harsh to sack. I think he knows now what the team needs and where the holes are. We had faith in him and gave him a 3 year deal, it makes the organisation look bad if you sack him a third of the way in.

Pirate Pete

Are you going to email the club to let the know?
I'd encourage everybody feeling the same to do that.
But yeah - this club doesn't deserve attendance.

At one of the fans forums. Probably going back to 2014 - 2015 MC was talking about supporters.
At the time I got the impression that he thought football supporters here would go to games no matter what.
He didn't seem to realise the football culture is so different to England.
My grandfather supported Bristol Rovers, so therefore my Mum did.
And then my brother and sisters and their kids. I'm not saying they go week in week out.
But they all go throughout the season. Sometimes in the case of Rovers when we're bottom of the league and need the support.
Australians, apart from AFL maybe are not like that.

Fadetoblack944

The thing is if we sack him who is available? And who would be willing to work with charle$worth

LFCMariners

I think it would be harsh to sack. I think he knows now what the team needs and where the holes are. We had faith in him and gave him a 3 year deal, it makes the organisation look bad if you sack him a third of the way in.

I agree- I wouldn't sack him either. I'm simply going with a hypothetical here, or if results just dive-bomb from here and we start seeing games where CCM are losing by 4 or more every second weekend and there's nobody of note being announced for 2020/21 to join the squad.

I can tolerate running last this season if it provides a catalyst for a better season in 2020/21 than this club has enjoyed since 2014.

*Edit*

And a club looking more stable long-term. Leave being "one season wonders" to our opponents today.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I'm with some of the others on here in losing faith in Staj - but, perhaps foolishly, I still think we should keep him on. If we sack him, who do we bring in? And who would want to work with an underfunded club with a coaching merry-go-round and more wooden spoons than a home economics classroom?
The rest of the coaching staff, though - they don't need to stay. I have no idea who is responsible for what, but questions need to be asked - particularly of whoever has responsibility for the 2 ends of the pitch.

I think it's 'in for a penny, in for a pound' with Staj.

LFCMariners

At one of the fans forums. Probably going back to 2014 - 2015 MC was talking about supporters.
At the time I got the impression that he thought football supporters here would go to games no matter what.
He didn't seem to realise the football culture is so different to England.
My grandfather supported Bristol Rovers, so therefore my Mum did.
And then my brother and sisters and their kids. I'm not saying they go week in week out.
But they all go throughout the season. Sometimes in the case of Rovers when we're bottom of the league and need the support.
Australians, apart from AFL maybe are not like that.

AFL and NRL are both truly established competitions with actual vision for the future. NRL clubs have been fairly stable for a while now, as have the AFL clubs.

The A-League is a different prospect- a lot of cynicism has crept in about how the domestic league is being run and the stability of the clubs. It isn't just CCM who are poor but the state of the league itself. Why would your more casual fan be attracted to something that might not be around much longer?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

starting with a 2-2-6 by the looks of it ;-)

Ideally we'll be focussing on possession, easy passes this half. Control the tempo. And a changed formation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred