• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 10 local thread

OJ

hasbeen said:
Haydn Appo from Budgie has replied to the Drawmasters suggestion that the 'finals series' are not a given and that first past the post could be an option with all the washouts we're having. He says that Budgie O45 would be more than happy to see first past the post instead of playing a finals series. His team are currently sitting top ... funny that. 

Please change your profile name to Never Was and Never Will Be!!

hasbeen

OJ said:
hasbeen said:
Haydn Appo from Budgie has replied to the Drawmasters suggestion that the 'finals series' are not a given and that first past the post could be an option with all the washouts we're having. He says that Budgie O45 would be more than happy to see first past the post instead of playing a finals series. His team are currently sitting top ... funny that. 

only if you change yours to "Honest I'm Innocent" ... as for you and your pal 'From the Dug Out' ... walking sticks at dawn!!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Loki said:
45's this year is a great comp, played in the right spirit. I would love to know what team's in this comp are keen to play in a finals series? I have asked a few players from different club's and all have agreed first past the post is good enough for them.
maybe they are embarrased to say they want a finals series in front of another team? Who knows? Hopefully common sense will prevail?

And yes we did ask for no finals before the comp started, so we wouldn't have to read un informed smart arse comments like Hasbeen's.

Did the O35s have finals when they started?

I know it was touted as more of a 'social' comp, but the way the games are played suggest they're anything but social!  I'd think that if an O45 player still wants to win trophies he can stick to the O35 comp, and leave the O45 comp for the more social players (though if there's competition points then it isn't going to be completely social, however finals just add another element of intensity to the season)....

OJ

hasbeen said:
OJ said:
hasbeen said:

only if you change yours to "Honest I'm Innocent" ... as for you and your pal 'From the Dug Out' ... walking sticks at dawn!!

Pal is for dog's..And I am innocent!!

Whats your name??

From the dug out

hasbeen said:
OJ said:
hasbeen said:

Wow....I knew i should of called him a smart arse first!....there you go trying to be politically correct and still abused!

How bout we all throw in to buy this guy a trophy, heck I'll even get it ingraved for him!

As what was officially written in the email that you picked at, however cared not to quote....."under the present set up in the G45's, they are already playing 20 games this season, before semi's!.....thats 2  more games than what we expect from our MPL". With only six teams in the comp, 2/3rds will be playing semi's!

You forgot to add this, as maybe it would of made your opening comment worthless perhaps?

Due to the lack of time and ground avaiability, the offer was to keep the kids playing semi's before the so called "hasbeens"

ryan

I had my leg broken at Toukley on Saturday. Im now sporting a full cast and my football season is over....
[/quote]

Very sorry to hear that Ted. I know how you must feel. I have had my fair share of injuries. All I can say is Best of Luck for a speedy recovery.

hasbeen

From the dug out said:
hasbeen said:
OJ said:
hasbeen said:

Wow....I knew i should of called him a smart arse first!....there you go trying to be politically correct and still abused!

How bout we all throw in to buy this guy a trophy, heck I'll even get it ingraved for him!

As what was officially written in the email that you picked at, however cared not to quote....."under the present set up in the G45's, they are already playing 20 games this season, before semi's!.....thats 2  more games than what we expect from our MPL". With only six teams in the comp, 2/3rds will be playing semi's!

You forgot to add this, as maybe it would of made your opening comment worthless perhaps?

Due to the lack of time and ground avaiability, the offer was to keep the kids playing semi's before the so called "hasbeens"

You forgot this bit from the email ... At the tender age of 50 and over (as is the case with the majority of Budgewois team) is it necessary that they are playing equal if not more games than any other age group or division on the coast?

Nowhere in the email is there an offer to give up the finals series in favour of the juniors. I guess it all comes down to how you interpret the email eh? By the way I don't play O45's so I have no vested interest in this, only my cynicism at Haydn's offer.

Loki

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Loki said:
45's this year is a great comp, played in the right spirit. I would love to know what team's in this comp are keen to play in a finals series? I have asked a few players from different club's and all have agreed first past the post is good enough for them.
maybe they are embarrased to say they want a finals series in front of another team? Who knows? Hopefully common sense will prevail?

And yes we did ask for no finals before the comp started, so we wouldn't have to read un informed smart arse comments like Hasbeen's.

Did the O35s have finals when they started?

I know it was touted as more of a 'social' comp, but the way the games are played suggest they're anything but social!  I'd think that if an O45 player still wants to win trophies he can stick to the O35 comp, and leave the O45 comp for the more social players (though if there's competition points then it isn't going to be completely social, however finals just add another element of intensity to the season)....

35's started as a full competition with finals in 2000. I think we started with 7 teams and now 10 years on we have 70 teams playing in 9 competitions. 36 extra games are created to run a finals series.
Why not let the 35A's play a finals series and let everyone else finish first past the post?

Then we can go and support our kids play in their own finals!

CCF Chairman

hasbeen said:
You forgot this bit from the email ... At the tender age of 50 and over (as is the case with the majority of Budgewois team) is it necessary that they are playing equal if not more games than any other age group or division on the coast?

Nowhere in the email is there an offer to give up the finals series in favour of the juniors. I guess it all comes down to how you interpret the email eh? By the way I don't play O45's so I have no vested interest in this, only my cynicism at Haydn's offer.

Cynicism quite often comes from not being aware of the full facts. Budgewoi's stance is nothing new, they put this proposal to the CCF before the season even started, Haydn merely repeated it in response to Kevin's email.

typool

im playing at southern Ettalong for the first time

what should i look out for.. i.e the pitch ect..

Loki

typool said:

Definately watch out for the cricket pitch on James Brown No 2. one of our guys broke his collar bone a couple of weeks ago getting caught up on the edge of the pitch.

typool

Loki said:
typool said:

Definately watch out for the cricket pitch on James Brown No 2. one of our guys broke his collar bone a couple of weeks ago getting caught up on the edge of the pitch.
Thanks for the info

T

Will be nice to play at home again, GosWAA5 2s haven't had a home game since round 1!! And hopefuly the PL will get another win :D

Sym

uhmmm I'm playing at Killarney v Ourimbah at 2:45

that is what this thread is about rigghht ?

Gopher of Pern

Sym said:

Yeah, but it's always fun to watch a sh!tfight on the forums!

We vs Ourimbah? They are lucky, our star player is going to be below par from a bucks party the night before. :p

Sym

Gopher of Pern said:
Sym said:

Yeah, but it's always fun to watch a sh!tfight on the forums!

We vs Ourimbah? They are lucky, our star player is going to be below par from a bucks party the night before. :p

I wasn't reading the fight..looked uninteresting.

You'll be on fire if you are like me and play better with a hangover

woo bout to go freeze at training

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred