• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 10 local thread

marinermick

Great day of football on offer Sunday:

Ourimbah AA5 v Toukley at Toukley 9am

Then off to Gavenlock to watch the girls play (WAA5 Gossie 2), hang around to watch Kane Willow AA Entrance play Gossie and then Prems.

Beer o'clock from 11am.

Atomic

I picked up a painful corked thigh from the game on Monday. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how best to manage it before the start of Round 10?

marinermick

Atomic said:
I picked up a painful corked thigh from the game on Monday. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how best to manage it before the start of Round 10?

Only two ways to manage a cork:
1. Let it be and it will go away completely in six - eight weeks, but you should be still able to play this weekend.
2. Go to a physio and have it massaged out. Be warned that it is one of the most painful experiences ever. Also be warned that with massage that there is a very slim chance of blood clotting leading to calcification.

So there you have it - do nothing or go to physio.

No other way to fix a cork.

Atomic

dru said:
Beer, beer and more beer. Solution to just about any problem ;)

lol... to paraphrase Homer... Beer, the solution to, and the cause of, all of life's problems

dru

Atomic said:
dru said:
Beer, beer and more beer. Solution to just about any problem ;)

lol... to paraphrase Homer... Beer, the solution to, and the cause of, all of life's problems

Don't knock it till you try it :p

Also getting work colleagues to fetch for you wouldn't hurt either

Ted

marinermick said:

Then off to Gavenlock to watch the girls play (WAA5 Gossie 2), hang around to watch Kane Willow AA Entrance play Gossie and then Prems.

Beer o'clock from 11am.

I had my leg broken at Toukley on Saturday. Im now sporting a full cast and my football season is over....

marinermick

Ted said:
marinermick said:

Beer o'clock from 11am.

I had my leg broken at Toukley on Saturday. Im now sporting a full cast and my football season is over....

Oh dear, I didn't know Ted.

Many condolences.

dru

Ted said:

Shit, speedy recovery. At least now you'll have crutches to use for discipline while your coaching  ;) (jk)

Ben

[/quote]
oh that sucks, feel really bad for you ted. Hope it heals well and you will be ok. Best of luck with it

Ted

cheers guys, at present im looking at 3 months. I may be able to go and have surgery in 4 weeks to have a rod inserted into the tibia. They went to do this but a wound from playing indoor last week made the surgery risky due to infection.

J

jiggles

:( That sucks Ted. Sorry to hear it.

Gosford WAA5 1's v Doyalson @ 9:15am...fkn yay. i *puffyheart* early games....bleh.

Then spending the rest of the day with a case and a VB chair watching the rest of the games.

kanewillow

top of the table clash entrance AA 8 V gosford AA8 1245 gavenlock oval
predicted scoreline entrance 1-0 willow to score

hasbeen

Haydn Appo from Budgie has replied to the Drawmasters suggestion that the 'finals series' are not a given and that first past the post could be an option with all the washouts we're having. He says that Budgie O45 would be more than happy to see first past the post instead of playing a finals series. His team are currently sitting top ... funny that. 

From the dug out

hasbeen said:
Haydn Appo from Budgie has replied to the Drawmasters suggestion that the 'finals series' are not a given and that first past the post could be an option with all the washouts we're having. He says that Budgie O45 would be more than happy to see first past the post instead of playing a finals series. His team are currently sitting top ... funny that. 

Don't understand?

They are not glory hunters otherwise they would want to win a grandfinal. Collect another trophy! I think there being sensible.

Most 45's that are chasing grandfinals, in my books would be players that have never won anything in there hay day! Otherwise let the kids play before the 45's, if we are running out of time!

Maybe you should paint the whole picture before print!

CCF was informed of this suggestion by Budgewoi before the 2009 comp started!

Loki

45's this year is a great comp, played in the right spirit. I would love to know what team's in this comp are keen to play in a finals series? I have asked a few players from different club's and all have agreed first past the post is good enough for them.
maybe they are embarrased to say they want a finals series in front of another team? Who knows? Hopefully common sense will prevail?

And yes we did ask for no finals before the comp started, so we wouldn't have to read un informed smart arse comments like Hasbeen's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred