• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Road to Russia

true believer

mine

G'day Good people of SBS

For many , many years i have enjoyed the content of your programing , even with such limited resources,
SBS has always laboured with .
Your support of football since the NSL's inception days has been steadfast and a constant comfort to all football fans.

your commentary team of sir johnny warren and the reverend les (our terms for these men amongst my friends)
set a flavour of australian football and a belief in what could be .

Yet now we are left with a self centered individual , that is craig foster . his latest comments on the selection of the new Australian coach show , he has no grasp on the reality of the situation . on the coach that was required or the availability of an Australian coach of the caliber needed to lead Australia .
Indeed apart from the time taken to get the coach . It is fairly well excepted as a good choice , under difficult circumstances .

In fosters next performance review i would suggest his complete lack of football reality displayed over a long period of time .should be taken into account before being given a new contract.
Before his egocentric opinion devalues the hard won standing of the SBS brand .

your faithly TB

Rowdy

Bert van Marwijk wants (son in-law) Mark van Bommel to join him at the Socceroo's:
van-marwijk_18qcpzjric80v1uokuylasv02o.jpg

New Socceroos coach Bert van Marwijk wants former Netherlands captain Mark van Bommel to be his right-hand man.

Van Marwijk was appointed coach of the Australian team on Thursday on a short-term contract that expires at the end of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia

Van Bommel skippered the Dutch team to the 2010 World Cup final under countryman van Marwijk, and later worked under the new Socceroos boss as he coached Saudi Arabia to Asian qualification for this year’s World Cup in Russia.

Van Bommel married van Marwijk’s daughter Andra in 2001, and also enjoyed successful club stints with PSV Eindhoven and Bayern Munich.

Given their previous working relationship, van Marwijk said van Bommel’s appointment as a Socceroos assistant coach will be crucial to both their development as a coaching team and Australia's chances in Russia.

sydmariner

Cahill scores on return for Millwall in U23s
Caltex Socceroos striker Tim Cahill got his name on the scoresheet to help Millwall Under-23s to a thrilling win in the Professional Development League overnight.

Cahill, playing in his first match since joining the Championship club last week, netted his side’s second goal in a 3-2 win over Coventry City.

The 38-year-old fired home from close range to give Millwall a 2-1 advantage in the first half.

View image on Twitter

It was Cahill’s first goal for Millwall since leaving the club back in 2004.

Australia’s all-time leading scorer hadn’t played since parting ways with Melbourne City in early December.

The Aussie secured a move to the club in order to boost his playing time ahead of a potential fourth World Cup appearance in June.

And he could make his first appearance for the senior team this weekend when Millwall host Cardiff City.

Earlier, fellow Aussie and former Newcastle Jets striker Kristian Brymora scored the opener for the Lions.

View image on Twitter

VicMariner

Cahill is full of shit. Backstabbing the HAL in England and saying he was "going through the motions" playing here. Total lack of respect.
No doubt he is a good footballer but he is a self-centered, miserable little human being.

Big Al

Cahill is full of shit. Backstabbing the HAL in England and saying he was "going through the motions" playing here. Total lack of respect.
No doubt he is a good footballer but he is a self-centered, miserable little human being.
His shot is at the city coach imo

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Bert van Marwijk wants (son in-law) Mark van Bommel to join him at the Socceroo's:
View attachment 1060

New Socceroos coach Bert van Marwijk wants former Netherlands captain Mark van Bommel to be his right-hand man.

Van Marwijk was appointed coach of the Australian team on Thursday on a short-term contract that expires at the end of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia

Van Bommel skippered the Dutch team to the 2010 World Cup final under countryman van Marwijk, and later worked under the new Socceroos boss as he coached Saudi Arabia to Asian qualification for this year’s World Cup in Russia.

Van Bommel married van Marwijk’s daughter Andra in 2001, and also enjoyed successful club stints with PSV Eindhoven and Bayern Munich.

Given their previous working relationship, van Marwijk said van Bommel’s appointment as a Socceroos assistant coach will be crucial to both their development as a coaching team and Australia's chances in Russia.
Van Marwijk AND Van Bommel , my half orange heart beats with excitement

Pirate Pete

Jackson Irvine started and played 59 minutes for Hull City as they lost 2-1 to Millwall where Tim Cahill came off the bench in the 72nd minute and James Meredith played a full match

Timmy might as well have stayed in Melbourne to do that.

Forum Phoenix

Petratos and Nabbout are having a good season in a very poor season of the HAL but in no way are they at the level required.

I'm a very proud supporter of Aussie football, but the national curriculum is clearly failing imo. All we seem to have done is swap our physical and never say die attitude that when coupled with a few players of rare ability could surprise almost anyone... for unadventurous and pedestrian brand of football that is coupled with an endless supply of mediocre players and only a handful or good of very good ones. Our most creative player of the past decade is Rogic and he has Futsal to thank for that not the national curriculum. And don't get me started on strikers... It's absurd that Cahill is still able to be being selected. Australia used to be able to produce world class strikers.

The fact so many of the lower level journeymen foreigners in our league are a class above gives the lie to the efficacy of our development programs. Here's Brillante, (who I don't mind) but he is in the most dominant HAL squad by a mile and has been in the bosom of NT development and teams forever, but against Tommy H he is exposed as just a work horse player and nothing more. As a DM TH is still better technically and creatively than virtually all AUS number 10's out there. That's not good. And our NT development squad results are mostly very disappointing as well.

Imo Ange did a good job in trying to change that in his own way and it gave us our only growth in a few insipid years and our Asian cup success. I think the NT system killed his junior team and drove him to build his philosophy and that made the best side the HAL has seen (They'd smash the current SFC). But he was still beaten by the curriculum and old guard wankers, who blew him when he was the in guy and then threw him under the bus when he struggled.

Right now most of the strikers, attacking players and creative players we are producing are pedestrian. The question is why? Do our kids have flawed DNA? Rubbish. But just look at what a year of Okon Ball did for DDS and now it has cost him his NT call up imo. We have no one coming in behind Rogic with as much promise as DDS, and its such a pivotal role in any team, but he can't even get selected. And on performances, he didn't deserve to either. Because it became more important to recycle and turn backwards to keep the ball than to run at players and show true adventure. Just watch him, his whole mentality has changed, he's a reflection of his dour coach and a dour football philosophy.

People are now saying they expect a lot more of DDS, ok sure, but while he likes to have the ball and so seems to like and fit with Okon ball, he has not had free reign and is not in a system that supports his creative intelligence and growth as a player. And now he has genuinely become pedestrian. When he was anything but. Really pisses me off. Possession based football does not have to be so cautious and dull. I swear most young creative attackers stymie or go backwards in this country, especially once they get to U/23's and HAL level.

And our dour, dull, taciturn, uninventive, stone faced and stubborn coaches (looks over at Okon and the gang) do f**k all to help. Sick of their painfully boring pressers. Had a gut full of it. I know its a cocktail, but with my structure and possession, I want some European style passion and charisma brought back in and a focus on scoring goals, cause that kinda f**king matters, so make sure above all that we prioritise developing the creativity and high technical ability you need to do that. How can we have learnt nothing from the success of South American footballing nations after all these years. All I see is just structure, structure, structure, diagnostics, diagnostics, diagnostics, possession, possession, possession. And it looks as dull as it sounds.

Very interested to see how Bert lines us up. Ime do not have the attacking talent to weight our teams 64% defensively (7 of 11) like we currently do.

Caltex Socceroos 26-player squad for friendlies against Norway (Oslo) & Colombia (London):
Name
Club, Country
A-International Caps (Goals)
Aziz BEHICH
Bursaspor, TURKEY
19 (2)
Joshua BRILLANTE
Sydney FC, AUSTRALIA
5 (0)
Tim CAHILL
Millwall FC, ENGLAND
104 (50)
Milos DEGENEK
Yokohama F. Marinos, JAPAN
15 (0)
Jackson IRVINE
Hull City AFC, ENGLAND
15 (1)
Mile JEDINAK
Aston Villa FC, ENGLAND
73 (18)
Brad JONES (Gk)
Feyenoord Rotterdam, NETHERLANDS
4 (0)
Tomi JURIC
FC Luzern, SWITZERLAND
32 (8)
Matthew JURMAN
Suwon Samsung Bluewings, KOREA REPUBLIC
4 (0)
Robbie KRUSE
VfL Bochum, GERMANY
60 (5)
Mathew LECKIE
Hertha BSC, GERMANY
49 (6)
Massimo LUONGO
Queens Park Rangers FC, ENGLAND
32 (5)
James MEREDITH
Millwall FC, ENGLAND
2 (0)
Mark MILLIGAN
Al Ahli SC, SAUDI ARABIA
64 (6)
Aaron MOOY
Huddersfield Town AFC, ENGLAND
31 (5)
Andrew NABBOUT
Urawa Red Diamonds, JAPAN
0 (0)
Dimitri PETRATOS
Newcastle Jets, AUSTRALIA
0 (0)
Josh RISDON
Western Sydney Wanderers FC, AUSTRALIA
5 (0)
Tom ROGIC
Celtic FC, SCOTLAND
33 (7)
Nikita RUKAVYTSYA
Maccabi Haifa FC, ISRAEL
16 (1)
Mathew RYAN (Gk)
Brighton & Hove Albion FC, ENGLAND
41 (0)
Trent SAINSBURY
Grasshopper Club Zurich, SWITZERLAND
33 (3)
Aleksandar SUSNJAR
FK Mlada Boleslav, CZECH REPUBLIC
0 (0)
James TROISI
Melbourne Victory, AUSTRALIA
36 (5)
Daniel VUKOVIC (Gk)
KRC Genk, BELGIUM
0 (0)
Bailey WRIGHT
Bristol City FC, ENGLAND
21 (1)

Last edited:

Big Al

BVM off to a good start (if your Arnie)

Some very sloppy defending and poor possession, passing and ball control.

On the limited ball upfront Petratos didn’t look to bad at all.

Irvine is very good in the air on those corners as well

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred