• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Road to Russia

Big Al

Interesting the FFA are using the national team in there public relations battle.

Nothing about the coach then they loose the vote. Then that last couple of days we are hearing all these international names. Like wow they want to coach us.

Now it’s a bunch of Socceroos greats will pick the team (an idea i saw thrown around a week or two ago -i do like it though)
But if you read further more money spent on a consulting team to run it.

Lets see who they come up with

sydmariner

SBS The World Game
23 DEC 2017 - 7:59 PM UPDATED YESTERDAY 8:00 PM
Former Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal is in contact with Football Federation Australia about leading the Socceroos to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

Van Gaal was in charge of the Netherlands side who finished third at the last World Cup in 2014, which saw him record an impressive 5-1 victory over Spain and also a memorable 3-2 victory over Australia. On top of this, he is best known for winning the UEFA Champions League in 1995 with a very young Ajax side, with whom he also won three straight Eredivisie titles, and for most recently leading Manchester United from 2014 to 2016.
The opinionated Dutchman also won league titles with Barcelona, Bayern Munich and AZ. It was at AZ where he worked with Australians Brett Holman, James Holland and the Geelong born goalkeeper Joey Didulica.
gettyimages-525765848.jpg

Brett Holman then of AZ does battle with Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas in the Champions League in 2009

According to a News Limited report, FFA has made contact with van Gaal who has expressed interest in the job.

Van Gaal, 66, has been out of work - although this is understood to be by choice - since departing Manchester United after winning the FA Cup in 2016.

In a recent interview with The Daily Mirror, van Gaal said he wasn't interested in coaching at club level anymore, with one exception.

“I would make one exception — if a big English club comes for me, than I would do it. Because then I can get the chance to get one over on Manchester United,’’ van Gaal said.

He did not make any comments regarding taking over a national team.

While his Ajax side of the mid-1990s was synonymous with entertaining, attacking football, his latest work with Manchester United was widely criticised for being 'boring'.

The 2010 Champions League runner-up with Bayern Munich, is the latest big name international coach to be linked with the job, after Marcelo Bielsa, Luiz Felipe Scolari and Jurgen Klinsmann have all been rumoured to be interested in the job.
FFA have previously announced that the next Socceroos coach will be chosen by a nine-person panel, including former international stars Marco Bresciano, Mark Schwarzer and Stan Lazaridis, with an announcement expected in mid-Ferbraury.

Australia will face France, Denmark and Peru at the 2018 World Cup in Russia that kicks off in June.

sydmariner

Socceroos line-up blockbuster clash: reports
Australia could be lining up a clash with Colombia, ranked 13th in the FIFA world rankings, according to an unconfirmed report from Colombian journalist Diego Rueda.Rueda claims the Socceroos will take on the star studded Colombian team during the March international window - which runs from Monday March 19 to Tuseday March 27. If the match goes ahead it will be played in Europe - with England the most likely location.Australia is yet to name a replacement for Ange Postecoglou but the FFA has indicated the role is expected to be filled well before the March window. Colombia boasts a side full players plying their trade in Europe's top teams including Bayern Munich midfielder James Rodriguez, Juan Cuadrado of Juventus, Monaco striker Radamel Falcao and Villareal's Carlos Bacca. Coached by Argentine Jose Pekerman, who was once rumoured to be in talks to replace Pim Verbeek as Socceroos boss, Colombia have been one of South America's best teams in recent years with a third place finish at the Copa America and quarter final berth at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Australian officials had spoken of their desire to play South American opposition to help prepare for their World Cup Group C opponents Peru. The Socceroos are also expected to play a friendly match in Australia before they jet off to Russia with England and Italy among their rumored opponents for the farewell match.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/12/25/socceroos-line-blockbuster-clash-reports

sydmariner

Caltex Socceroos set for March match against Norway in Oslo
The Caltex Socceroos will continue their preparations for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia with an international friendly against Norway in Oslo in March.

The match against Lars Lagerbäck’s side will be played at the 28,000-capacity Ullevaal Stadion on Friday 23 March 2018 (local time), and will represent the third meeting between Australia and Norway at senior men’s international level.

The Caltex Socceroos first played Norway in Sydney in January 1997, a game Australia won 1-0 thanks to Robbie Hooker’s 72nd minute strike.

Australia also met Norway in London in November 2004, a year prior to the team’s successful qualification for the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany. Goals to Tim Cahill and Josip Skoko ensured Australia departed Craven Cottage with a 2-2 draw to their credit.

The Caltex Socceroos’ match against Norway in Oslo will be the first of two friendlies that Australia will play in March’s FIFA window. Football Federation Australia (FFA) is close to finalising the second international friendly, and will announce further match details soon.

GettyImages-874378728_master.jpg

FFA Chief Executive Officer, David Gallop, believes that playing Norway in Norway, followed by another strong opponent elsewhere in Europe, will provide the Caltex Socceroos’ soon to be appointed Head Coach with a strong platform to commence their tenure.

“We are excited to have secured this international friendly match against Norway and would like to thank the Norwegian Football Association for the opportunity to play in Oslo,” said Gallop.

“Norway are especially strong on home soil and last year managed wins over Northern Ireland and Azerbaijan, as well as 1-1 draws with both Czech Republic and Sweden in Oslo.”

“For the March window we identified the need to play friendlies in Europe where the bulk of our players are based to minimise the travel demand on the players selected, as well as their Clubs.

“Throughout the qualification process our players had a heavy travel and match schedule, so playing in Europe will lighten their loads leading up to the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

“We’re sure that our match schedule in March will provide our new Head Coach with a great chance to test the squad against quality opponents,” concluded Gallop.

The Caltex Socceroos’ international friendly match against Norway will be broadcast LIVE and EXCLUSIVE in Australia on FOX SPORTS, as well as Network Ten.

The match kick-off time is yet to be confirmed.

2018 International Friendly – Norway v Caltex Socceroos
Date: Friday 23 March 2018 (local time)
Venue: Ullevaal Stadion, Oslo, Norway
Kick-off: To be confirmed
Broadcast: LIVE & EXCLUSIVE in Australia on FOX SPORTS and Network Ten

Big Al

SFC and Arnie have ruled him out of coaching the Socceroos in Russia.

Though it says he is there until the end of the season which is a big sign he will take over after the world cup imo

Forum Phoenix

Yeah he's going to take over for sure. Not sure i agree with Okon saying might as well go for the cup as well then. World stage is a big stage, and I can see our players having an edge of confidence and performing better under Mancini than Arnie with this kind of turn around.

Big Al

Yeah he's going to take over for sure. Not sure i agree with Okon saying might as well go for the cup as well then. World stage is a big stage, and I can see our players having an edge of confidence and performing better under Mancini than Arnie with this kind of turn around.
Also Ange left because he’d already done the World Cup thing when he took over straight into the World Cup so could be a carrot to keep him interested for the whole 4 yrs

MrCelery

Bert Van Marwijk new coach. Nice! I like what he did with the Saudies, Not to mention his success with the Dutch national team.

Big Al

Bert Van Marwijk new coach. Nice! I like what he did with the Saudies, Not to mention his success with the Dutch national team.
Just for World Cup. Cahill will be happy as he will know the threat he causes. Cahill should be on the plane now.

Arnie shorely a certainty for after the world cup.

FFA says to be announced soon who takes over after. Shame Bert not in after. Would have liked him to have a trial at the World Cup and if we played well keep him

MrCelery

Already Craig Foster is bleating that it's a bad move because all Australian players have been taught to play a different way to his style. WTF???
If Australian players can't adapt to the dozens of different styles coaches around the world use we're in deep shit.

Forum Phoenix

I hate Foster. And I’m generally a pretty affable persons. He always does this. He’s a vain glorious shit stirrrer who dresses it up as intelligent opinion. But he never cares about the genuine validity/application of his claims as long as they suit his aims.

He had a whinge on the announcement too about how poor Marwijk’s Dutch side was at the WC despite their success - and how they were criticised for being overly physical and how that will hurt us.

Before a balls even been kicked. Such a negative approach. I hate this. It’s been the death of English success with all the cynicism and goo feasting - and we’ve really started to follow in their footsteps witn fox commentary continuing to go downhill,

Big Al

I hate Foster. And I’m generally a pretty affable persons. He always does this. He’s a vain glorious shit stirrrer who dresses it up as intelligent opinion. But he never cares about the genuine validity/application of his claims as long as they suit his aims.

He had a whinge on the announcement too about how poor Marwijk’s Dutch side was at the WC despite their success - and how they were criticised for being overly physical and how that will hurt us.

Before a balls even been kicked. Such a negative approach. I hate this. It’s been the death of English success with all the cynicism and goo feasting - and we’ve really started to follow in their footsteps witn fox commentary continuing to go downhill,
It’s purely i told you so if he fails. Everyone else has already said it’s a good choice so another article goes unnoticed.

Physicality suits us so that’s stupid. Jedinak loves the physicality. He will lead that charge.

Everyone got the shits with ange not respecting a 1-0 win.

At a world cup chances are at a premium so a strong defence is crucial. As good as
We were last world cup we still gave up goals. I know they were top teams but still happened.

Under Ange we gave away so many cheap goals.

Two 6’s will suit. Jeninak can be brama and Mooy Can be Tom H.

Rogic as #10

Irvine and Mas as injury or rotation mids. Perfect

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami