• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Reffing shockers at CCM games (yeah I know)

Tevor

Anyone know if the cards was recinded against JVS, noting the complaints put forward was justified.
There has been nothing other than admitting the errors, others on here think it needs to go through a process. I personally think nothing is going to happen at all. APL has shown their true colours.

Ancient Mariner

That’s a function of the rules being so subjective. You could have the best tech in the world and it won’t help in deciding a borderline handball decision or negligible contact. So it comes back to refining the process which I’m all for.

I watch a lot of A league games, it’s rare that the technology is a big issue - just don’t ask a jets supporter. Obviously more angles is always nice but if you don’t have a clear angle you’re in no worse position than without it. And the process to confirm that should be very quick. You could say technology was an issue with the first call on the weekend as there wasn’t a crystal clear picture confirming no second contact but it was still clear enough for Evans boss to throw him under the bus.

Most of the issues are process related and can be tweaked, like wider lines on offside rulings that build in some tolerance for a frame issue, or how the VAR is operated - like looking for any possible infringement vs obvious errors. Ultimately there are still people operating the system and those people belong to an organisation that hasn’t shown enough commitment to improvement over an extended period. We’ve had the VAR longer than most and we’re being surpassed rapidly.
Even if everything you say is true, the simple fact is, it does nothing to improve the game. At best it may have the ability to correct some incorrect calls but the process takes more away from the game than the correction, of only a fraction of the errors, brings.

It is a blot on the game.

Poker machines make pubs more efficient but much less enjoyable than when they had live music.

Allreet?

There has been nothing other than admitting the errors, others on here think it needs to go through a process. I personally think nothing is going to happen at all. APL has shown their true colours.
Cards get retracted when they were wrongly given.

The Refs will say the cards were correctly given (for dissent) so no grounds to delete them.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Cards get retracted when they were wrongly given.

The Refs will say the cards were correctly given (for dissent) so no grounds to delete them.
Yep. Mistake or not, others are still responsible for their own actions. I wouldn't really want to get into the territory of rescinding cards for dissent/abuse even when a mistake is acknowledged. Sends the wrong message.

Though of course we have a particular issue that they should have copped a card at the same time for interference during the VAR process....

Allreet?

Yep. Mistake or not, others are still responsible for their own actions. I wouldn't really want to get into the territory of rescinding cards for dissent/abuse even when a mistake is acknowledged. Sends the wrong message.

Though of course we have a particular issue that they should have copped a card at the same time for interference during the VAR process....
And Leckie should get a second yellow for the foul.

Yorkshire Mariners FC

In the Bulls first ever game v Drive byes, a penalty was awarded and the defender went to town on the ref. Got his yellow card for dissent. VAR called no penalty (I think it was either handball or offside). The ref recinded the yellow card in a rather disgruntled fashion.

Allreet?

In the Bulls first ever game v Drive byes, a penalty was awarded and the defender went to town on the ref. Got his yellow card for dissent. VAR called no penalty (I think it was either handball or offside). The ref recinded the yellow card in a rather disgruntled fashion.
It's different if the ref does it on the field.

Any refs on here might advise but I was told at the judiciary one night that the panel had the authority to overturn a red card on appeal, but not a yellow. Which struck me as odd.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yeah, that absolutely shouldn't happen. If the yellow was for a tactical foul then sure, rescinding it makes sense, but not for dissent.
It's different if the ref does it on the field.

Any refs on here might advise but I was told at the judiciary one night that the panel had the authority to overturn a red card on appeal, but not a yellow. Which struck me as odd.
;
That rings a bell. There are only very limited reasons for overturning a red card (though in my experience, the CCF judiciary has been happy to ignore that and completely make things up. I've refused to waste my time at the judiciary before when the reason for the appeal has been absurd).

While I think the judiciary can re-allocate a yellow card for mistaken identity (I know as a ref I've been approached a few times to ask i I was certain about who I gave a card to.....unfortunately, some teams will put this on to try to keep a key player out of suspension), I can't really imagine any valid reason for a judiciary to overturn a yellow card....except, arguably, an actually incorrect application of law (ie it's objectively, factually incorrect), but I don't think that's permitted.

Corsair

Yep. I feel the refs are targeting Lewis and he is not going to get anything from them this season.
He is a bit of a drama queen and that FFA cup pen that was outside the box probably didn't do him any favours. Been ripped off last couple games though 100%.

Tevor

Ironic isn't it that Leckie scored the winning goal against Sydney last night when he should have been suspended for the match as he should have had a second yellow for the non penalty on Miller in the Tuesday night game.
I thought exactly the same thing, I’m sure some SFC fans feel the same.

Allreet?

Ironic isn't it that Leckie scored the winning goal against Sydney last night when he should have been suspended for the match as he should have had a second yellow for the non penalty on Miller in the Tuesday night game.
I think Leckie got both goals.

Probably best for us that Sydney lost though...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred