• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Recommend a movie.

Azza-Mataz

Need movies to watch. Share your favourite or a hidden gem that's worth watching.
Note: If you've seen 'It Follows' tell me what you thought as I loved it but no one else I know does.

Sorry if a similar thread has been created, I couldn't find it.

Forum Phoenix

Taste is relative, but if you're looking for some recent hidden gems - try slow west, 99 homes and ex machina.

VicMariner

Old classics are famous for a reason. If you have not seen Citizen Kane, Casablanca, The third man or The Maltese Falcon for example, go watch them.

Kurosawa movies are good if you want something different.

Jackie Chan films made in Hong Kong. The Hollywood stuff is rubbish.....

Azza-Mataz

Old classics are famous for a reason. If you have not seen Citizen Kane, Casablanca, The third man or The Maltese Falcon for example, go watch them

You know what, I always tell myself to watch some of the classics and never end up doing it. Maybe I should pull my finger out.
Also im half expecting a million different bits where 'The Simpsons' have ripped them off down the line.

Wombat

Snatch
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Seven pounds
harry brown

start with those. Let me know if you want more.

VicMariner

empire of the sun
das boat
district 9
Das Boot and Empire of the Sun were both great films.
Along the lines of Das Boot is Stalingrad (1993). Quite stark and gritty and none of the Hollywood exaggeration.

Another foreign war film worth watching is Come and See. A Russian movie set during WW 2.
There is no film quite like it and it is in many best war film lists.

MagpieMariner

One of my favourite movies is "Day Of The Jackal". An oldie, but good. Comes closer to the book than many I've seen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami