• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Recent Socceroos games

Rowdy

They were ALL on par with the performance of the Matilda's v NZ .......... shite!

Rowdy

I would def have to agree with the rating of Bailey Wright as worst.

I just cant figure out what Ange see's in him ??? :confused:

Has the build of an NRL player & yeah, tackles with the agression of one, BUT poor positioning, poor decision making.

Some of Wight's passes in that 2nd game would have had Wilko kicking the shit out of his cat in frustration of not even making thd squad.

Degenek as a replacement for Spira would've frustrated him even more, with Deg regularly playing & being a natural RB.

pjennings

TBH I think Wilko will be glad he was not in the squad. Federici showed that he is simply not in the same class as Maty. Gersbach was clueless under pressure. Millsy was appalling. My back fix based on best performers in the position - not on looking to the future would be

----------------------Ryan

Milligan----Sainsbury----Wilko----Smith

----------------------Jedi

I cannot believe that lineup would have had that much trouble playing out as we did last night.

I still would like to see Rhys Williams have an injury free run and force himself into the squad.

Rowdy

I like that, in sliding Milsy right BUT will/does he have the engine of a Geria/Degenak etc to get up and down the line for 90 mins.

A lot of Millsy's attacking opportunities/shots on goal (which are growing of late), are from him pushing on from the DM posi whilst Mile sits in behind.

His starting point is from the back 1/3 line finishing at the top of the box or in around. A shorter distance as opposed to
starting from RB & hustling to the opposing byline to feed crosses to MeMyself&I Cahill, that requires a decent motor. ;)

Unfortunately age wise, I dont think Millsy has it.

I think Mooy and Millsy will fight for a MF position, whilst Rogic and Luongo will fight for the remaining attacking one in midfield, with Jackson Irvine possibly also a contender for the upcoming WC Qualifiers.

I thought he looked promising in his very short cameo in the 1st game v Greece, would've liked to see more of him in the second.

Wombat

TBH I think Wilko will be glad he was not in the squad. Federici showed that he is simply not in the same class as Maty. Gersbach was clueless under pressure. Millsy was appalling. My back fix based on best performers in the position - not on looking to the future would be

----------------------Ryan

Milligan----Sainsbury----Wilko----Smith

----------------------Jedi

I cannot believe that lineup would have had that much trouble playing out as we did last night.

I still would like to see Rhys Williams have an injury free run and force himself into the squad.

I think Spiro is a better option than Wilko but Wilko will never let you down.

Rowdy

I think Spiro is a better option than Wilko but Wilko will never let you down.

With the ball at feet and 'playing out' (carrying) Spira is technically better on the ball than Wilko but thats not the atttibute that counts most as a CB.

Wilko's positioning, his organisation and communication is superb by comparison. And as Dibo stated, he's as tough as nails and very reliable with a low percentage for errors.

Andy Harper summed it perfectly for mine when he was playing in the A-League with CCM about the quality of Alex Wilkinson.

"Wilko is one of those players that's very underated and his contributions are often overlooked & it's only when he's NOT playing for the Mariners and things are not going well at the back that you will recognise that he's missing and then appreciate his quality as a defender and organiser "

Postecoglou even said he couldn't believe Wilko hadn't been selected for the Socceroo's earlier based on what he saw from him at the Mariners whilst coaching Brisb, that's why he selected him to begin with.

Spiranovic's dribbling skills coupled with his size and defensive abillities make him a viable candidate for replacing Jedinak when it's time for him to retire.

At WSW, Popavic primarily played him in that DM role, only moving him to the backline when covering for CB injuries or replacing poor form of others.

sydmariner

We have Germany, Chile & the champions of Africa NZ has hosts Russia in the opening game Mexico & Portugal. BTW Storm vs CR7:eek::eek::eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb