• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Recent Socceroos games

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
How well has Ange got the boys clicking?... The Tajikistan match could of been 34-0 if the targeting scanners were working better
Then came V Jordan
Also could of been a absolute flogging Robbie Kruse and his crosses were sublime, Mooy also was on fire, if he ain't os next year his manager needs sacking, the ref was awful, how that tackle on Kruse wasn't a straight red astounds me, hell it astounded everyone.... Tommy Rogic is our next goal scoring leader in Socceroo history
Of course it could be argued that the next round if matches will test the roos, my argument to that is, we already gave them teams a touch up in the Asian Cup and we weren't firing like we have been recenly

Big Al

Watching the Central Coast Caltex Socceroos was awesome.

Jordan were horrible and that tackle was disgusting, Robbie of all players.

Love watching the ball use. Ball goes wide then back inside then either back out or through the middle. Great variety

sydmariner

It was a good game but the GGA was a bit of a disapointment they lack creativity with chants such as "We're Aussie, We're Aussie, ole,ole,ole" & that brass band that ruined ACDC's " Highway To Hell" they should've sung more appropriate songs such as "We Can't Be Beaten" (because of our recent results) or "We Are The Champions" (cos we won the asian cup:)).:soapbox:

FFC Mariner

Please please please get Thailand in our group.

We dreamed of a Mariners ACL game but lost the play off 3-1 maybe Ange can make it happen.

Thailand away. Can you even begin to imagine that as an away trip?

Wombat

Vardy is not playing for England v Aust on Sat as he is getting married.
So probably Sturridge and Kane as their strikers.

Wombat

Just watched England v Turkey. (2.1)
Mooy, Rogic, Luongo are 3 very talented players but I fear Australia May get smashed.
Going to be an interesting game.
Vardy is out and Sturridge maybe be too.....that is good news for Australia.
Wiltshire looks underdone but has so much talent. The boy wonder Barkley is on the outer.

Rowdy

Rooney's played in a more deeper role at Man Untd this season and wasnt an out'n'out threat up front as he once was.

Will be interesting to see what attacking shape Hodg employs.

Rowdy

Hangzhou were never going to release Cahill to play in the England game, just like all the other Socceroo's playing in China (Sanga, Spira, McGowan.)

ryan

It was a decent performance against England. There are certainly areas to improve on but the boys looked reasonably comfortable on the ball. Mooy, Rogic and Kruse were very good but we lacked real penetration up front. Oh well, on to the games with Greece and the return of our Asian based lads

pjennings

Only a few things to take from that.

Milligan is not a CB any more.
Risdon looked out of his depth.
Wright's best game as a Socceroo
Midfield looked stronger than England
We need clinical strikers.

Forum Phoenix

I thought on balance we were very good. Though obviously lacked a cutting edge. Risdon is inexperienced, but I still thought held his own enough to feel he's on the way.
Thought Mooy and Rogic had great games. Smith caught the eye also and we could at last have solved the LB issue.

Thanks for posting that replay too Middy.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred