• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 8 CCM v WSW

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
The #WalmsleyOut should be forthcoming shortly, not that I want him gone or anything

Luca Brasi

Worst game of the season so far. No composure in midfield and hence no service up front. Heff looks slow in both speed and decision making. Too much space between and behind the back four. We only started to play once they scored and Sim came on but even though we had chances to equalize in the last 10 we didnt deserve anything. Cant bring myself to watch the replay.

FFC Mariner

Truly terrible performance. Caceres and Neill were laughably bad but no one really shone.

Walmsley out murmuring getting much louder around us He was outcoached today.

Long season ahead

Forum Phoenix

Yep we were second best in all areas today.
Bit depressing tbh. It wasn't mossball - but it lacked composure, structure, cutting edge and certainly the "entertainment" we have been receiving even in defeat. Maybe credit has to go to Wanderers also - because it's hard to believe we have played that well with ten against SFC and Scum yet were so outplayed today.

Was a hard drop back to a much grimmer reality striker wise to finally get to see Heff have his chance today. I want to be wrong. But on todays showing he simply did not look of A league calibre. 2 yards off the pace in speed of thought, and maybe a dozen off in speed of body. Unless we can get him camped in our opponents 18 yard box, I can't see how he will be able to form the partnership we'd like with Roy or score very many. Striker stocks with him and Bingham are looking very lack lustre I'm afraid for a team that wants to entertain.

As to our midfield... Fitz started well but faded, We badly missed Austin as an outlet. (we already knew we missed Fab) Sim had purpose and belief when he came on. Which was a stark contrast to Caceres. Pretty awful display. Lack of movement, lack of focus, slow play, side and back but rarely forward, plus uncharacteristically squandered possession as well. Head already somewhere else? Had all the hall marks. I'm over his great feet. We need an effective AM now or we won't make the six.

Neill improved as the game wore on I thought, but I'm now leaning strongly towards wombat and big Als opinion on his defending.

Definitely more balanced in defence past couple weeks with Rosey back there. He played well at LM though.

Izzo did well too.

Last edited:

Big Al

To slow today. Don't have a squad for 442 without Fab and Austin. Bench has no punch either although a Sim certainly added some.

Fitzy is not starting 11 material. Josh Rose should be in the back 4 not front 4.

Instead of the team cliqueing now it's falling apart due to injuries to Fab and Austin.

Lots of good things said about Heff but not showing much. Has no Barisha about him to make something happen.

Was just a weird game all round. Dominated by WSW early. Then the fan shut down and the place was flat. Took off Heff for L Rose but then caught on the break and then Sim came on and as we went back to our more natural formation things started to click. As the boys were coming home strong the YA came out of protest and the place came alive. Best we sing for yellow maybe ever. Then couple of chances didn't fall. Then Nichols scoffs his shot and it still goes in.
Was just a very weird day. Added to be the constant spitting rain while getting sunburnt.

Now we miss out on AU the worst team in the league, while everyone else has a shot at them.

Gratis

Merit awards to Posco, Roy'O and Sim. Heroes award to our valiant Captain once again.

Commendations aside this was the worst game of the season in terms of effort and execution.
Sorely missing Austin and Ferreira. They provide the spark, creativity and entry into the box and also draw defenders. Neither striker had much chance with the service they got today.

Definitely time to obtain a creating AM, still need depth at the back and another option at the front too. That said I'm happy to give Bingham some time he's showing some promise and Heff needs more time in fairness coming from state league with no preseason. Happy with Roy'O, once the team works around him he'll bang them away all day.
Sim needs more time on the park during a game.

WSW weren't amazing but they had no trouble shutting us down with the likes of Topor-S.

Garth

To slow today. Don't have a squad for 442 without Fab and Austin. Bench has no punch either although a Sim certainly added some.

Fitzy is not starting 11 material. Josh Rose should be in the back 4 not front 4.

Instead of the team cliqueing now it's falling apart due to injuries to Fab and Austin.

Lots of good things said about Heff but not showing much. Has no Barisha about him to make something happen.

Was just a weird game all round. Dominated by WSW early. Then the fan shut down and the place was flat. Took off Heff for L Rose but then caught on the break and then Sim came on and as we went back to our more natural formation things started to click. As the boys were coming home strong the YA came out of protest and the place came alive. Best we sing for yellow maybe ever. Then couple of chances didn't fall. Then Nichols scoffs his shot and it still goes in.
Was just a very weird day. Added to be the constant spitting rain while getting sunburnt.

Now we miss out on AU the worst team in the league, while everyone else has a shot at them.
Did anybody consider we were hard done by with first goal against us I'm in bay 37 and I really thought that goal was OFFSIDE the linesman wasn't within cooee of being able to give a fair adjudication and watching that WSW Croat all throughout the first half flailing his arms and gesticulating like an air inflated sleazy second hand car dealer display was enough to bring on an evacuation of my lunch before digestion.

Atomic

Did anybody consider we were hard done by with first goal against us I'm in bay 37 and I really thought that goal was OFFSIDE the linesman wasn't within cooee of being able to give a fair adjudication and watching that WSW Croat all throughout the first half flailing his arms and gesticulating like an air inflated sleazy second hand car dealer display was enough to bring on an evacuation of my lunch before digestion.
I thought it was offside, but am yet to see a replay. Given that no one else has blown up about it, I think the goal must be legit.

Garth

I thought it was offside, but am yet to see a replay. Given that no one else has blown up about it, I think the goal must be legit.
It was OFFSIDE ref probably went and had a drink with Popovich after the match. Don't hold your breath for a Fox replay we didn't even see it at the match. None of these people can ever get over the fact we won the A league it's as plain as the nose on anybody's face. Sports are all about money and corruption is the close relative.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred