• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 8 CCM v WSW

Gratis

This is a game I was confident going into...until we lost Ferriera, Monty and Austin heading into it.

With the team gelling we're getting closer and closer to becoming a contender - but these 3 out is going to make it hard against a team in form.

That said it's as good a time as any to get a win.

Sim, Heff and McGing in for this one in a 442 please and I think we can do it

true believer

I think this is a monster.
I think monty on vidosic and we win this.
It'll be tough without him . But they won't
Rate us .
The paddy to get a brace.

FFC Mariner

No Monty.

Wonder if a cheeky 5-3-2 is worth a try? 2 wing backs bombing on?

RBB planning to turn up but will walk out at some point in protest. Yeah, that fixes everything. Twats

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I feel like we have a real chance of winning this and turning around some of the criticism. But we're so damn unpredictable at the moment. WSW will desperately want to win this too.

I don't mind the idea of the walkout - it's a better idea than the boycott proposal, and it will get attention from the crowd and possibly a mention from the commentators. Won't accomplish much/anything on it's own, but probably a more effective way to make a statement than any of the other proposals. They were amongst the first to make public statements too (a few supporters groups have now).

Forum Phoenix

Man, I hate to be the pessimist, but as GRA said, no Monty, Mitch or Fab... fark. Be a terrific win.

Surely 4132 with Heff partnering Roy? McGing back in - push Posc to DM or Rose or Ascroft? Posc has an awesome work rate and great mongrel.
Fitz and, ermmm, Sim wide :popcorn:

Or will the Gaffer opt to bring Neill back in and push Rose to LM as per pre season with Sim to Sub at 60 odd? Hard to argue Sim has earned a start. Though playing impact sub is a different thing and not without it's value. Also to be fair to Sim, unshackled by Moss dross, he's been very good so far. However reading Wombats posts if Neill gets a start should provide a degree of compensation also. :tv:

Bench; Adelson, Kalik, Bingham, Rose...?

For mine I think we have no choice but to play with two strikers against the drive buys. Besides being our best defender, Monty has been starting the lions share of our attacks. Without him and our two most prolific outlets of Austin and Fab, we might be too easy to keep contained otherwise as Popovic will make sure Caceres is under the pump, Roy alone will be monstered by WSW defence, and last but least... Heff got a bloody hat trick against them. :overheadl:
That should give them something to think about besides hacking Caceres and double teaming O Donovan out of the game.

... oh and ripping flares of course :rolleyes:

Last edited:

midfielder

Like others have said without ... Monty, Mitch or Fab against IMO the best team in the competition this will be a huge challenge ...

Luca Brasi

I am not yet convinced by WSW.
I thought they looked most dangerous on the break last week against Wellington. Nichols, Vidosic, Bridge and Piovaccari all got drawn too far forward at times, I think it might open up some space for us.
Agree with the 4132, Posc at DM, Old Rosey LB and given his form and players missing, Sim deserves a start at LM.

Wombat

Isso
Roux mcging ascroft rose
Posco
Fitz. Caceras. Rose or Kalic
Heff Roy

Subs. Neill, sim, Bingham, keeper

Gratis

Isso
Roux mcging ascroft rose
Posco
Fitz. Caceras. Rose or Kalic
Heff Roy

Subs. Neill, sim, Bingham, keeper
I'd swap Rose/Kalik for Sim but otherwise this

Actually, thinking it through, with a bit more depth available an alternative to be considered could be:
Roux - Posco - McGing - Rose
Caceras
Fitzy - ? - Sim
Heff <-> Roy

Just not sure on AM. Tempted by Kalik or Fitzy, but leaves RM too open

localpom

You think the drive bys are better than the tards ?
Without vidosic i'd consider them ordinary.
I think they will be close to been the best side once they continue to improve. Victory are still the best side for me and can see them and the Wanderers breaking away at the top before long.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
You know what, I reckon we can roll the westies...imagine that if we win with bugger all "stars" in the game against the FFA wunderkind...depends on how pedantic the fkn ref gets

MrCelery

Today's website Ins\Outs has:

Monty - available (not sure about that)
Fab - out for one more week, hammy
Austin - given every chance of featuring, foot injury
Adelson - out, no reason given
Trifero - out for 4 weeks with back
McGing - return from suspension

Gratis

Really? That's great news. Even the YA podcast guys were saying 5.

Could make the difference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred