• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 7 v Western Something-or-other

Tevor

Not feeling all that confident with this game especially with Milan out, hope it is only a 1 week injury (niggle). For the fans the team need to put in for this one after last week.

Kit Walker

Not feeling all that confident with this game especially with Milan out, hope it is only a 1 week injury (niggle). For the fans the team need to put in for this one after last week.
I also think for the team, the fans need to put in after last week. Just over 5,500 attendance for a home match on a Saturday afternoon is terrible. What's worse then that is how quiet our fans are....

Big Al

Start Jair for me.

And just take him off for Murray when ever he is gassed. Halftime 60 70 doesn’t matter and you know Murray will come on strong and can play what ever minutes are required

marinermick

Yeah id like to have him start but Match fitness will take a little
Start Jair for me.

And just take him off for Murray when ever he is gassed. Halftime 60 70 doesn’t matter and you know Murray will come on strong and can play what ever minutes are required

Staj’s press conference this morning said Jair picked up a quad injury a couple of weeks ago and “we will see if he takes his place on the bench”.

Milan trained today so will be back next week. Jair also trained.

Tevor

I also think for the team, the fans need to put in after last week. Just over 5,500 attendance for a home match on a Saturday afternoon is terrible. What's worse then that is how quiet our fans are....
Crowd was loud for 20 odd minutes and three quick fire goals for AU put the dampener on that. If we are in the game the crowd will come to the party.

turbo

There are a lot of jaded mariners supporters out there that will take a bit more than a win against Perth and FFA cup run to fire up. Getting convincingly beaten by City then Adelaide at home won’t silence the doubters either. A fan resurgence needs to be driven by the performance on the pitch, talking the talk isn’t enough for those that have heard it all before. Outside of promos like the one this week I think 5-6k is going to be our standard turn out until we see a turn around.

Kit Walker

There are a lot of jaded mariners supporters out there that will take a bit more than a win against Perth and FFA cup run to fire up. Getting convincingly beaten by City then Adelaide at home won’t silence the doubters either. A fan resurgence needs to be driven by the performance on the pitch, talking the talk isn’t enough for those that have heard it all before. Outside of promos like the one this week I think 5-6k is going to be our standard turn out until we see a turn around.
Fair points turbo.
Maybe I’m a bit of a dreamer.
I just think, imagine those new players that have come in this season, there’s very little atmosphere for them & they have no baggage from the previous years. It must be a bit deflating for them guys to play at home.

Wombat

Fair points turbo.
Maybe I’m a bit of a dreamer.
I just think, imagine those new players that have come in this season, there’s very little atmosphere for them & they have no baggage from the previous years. It must be a bit deflating for them guys to play at home.

You are a dreamer Kit........and i love it. But its ok to be mouthy from behind a keyboard/baking tray.

Last week I saw Mariner Mick leading the old hard heads from the back of the bay. This was inspiring for me to see.....had our performance deserved for me to get off my arse i would have come and joined Mick and i have a loud voice to add to the hearty souls at the back of bay 16.

Basically the club deserve the limited active support they get due to 4 -5 years of ineptitude......dont slag the fans....slag the club!

If you can improve it.....come to bay 16 and chime in. Once YOU do, then others will. Its as simple as that. If you are not a leader/driver then dont have the temerity to slag off those that put in more effort than YOU.

turbo

If you can improve it.....come to bay 16 and chime in. Once YOU do, then others will. Its as simple as that. If you are not a leader/driver then dont have the temerity to slag off those that put in more effort than YOU.

I don’t think Kit was slagging off bay 16, the whole joint was really quiet. Seemed to be lots of kids there so maybe it was the family time slot being less conducive to getting loud along with the on pitch problems. Was the drum missing too? At least that carries a bit more when it’s used and can work in a quiet crowd.

Justin Cooney

I don’t think Kit was slagging off bay 16, the whole joint was really quiet. Seemed to be lots of kids there so maybe it was the family time slot being less conducive to getting loud along with the on pitch problems. Was the drum missing too? At least that carries a bit more when it’s used and can work in a quiet crowd.
There was a drum there, normally we have 2. But I got caught up in work. We will all be there this weekend supporting the lads as bay 16. :)

marinermick

You are a dreamer Kit........and i love it. But its ok to be mouthy from behind a keyboard/baking tray.

Last week I saw Mariner Mick leading the old hard heads from the back of the bay. This was inspiring for me to see.....had our performance deserved for me to get off my arse i would have come and joined Mick and i have a loud voice to add to the hearty souls at the back of bay 16.

Stop lying Wombat. You are ruining the narrative that we do nothing up the back and not helping active support in any way.

Kit Walker

Basically the club deserve the limited active support they get due to 4 -5 years of ineptitude......dont slag the fans....slag the club!

Geez Wombat, I think you need to pop a few aspirin & have a lay down.
I was not referring to bay 16, I was talking about the entire crowd in general being quiet.
No point calling out someone for being mouthy behind a keyboard when this is a forum & I believe you like everyone else expresses their thoughts behind a keyboard. I’m not sure how that constitutes you calling me mouthy?
And who am I slagging off? I was at the game with my husband like am I for most but I’m not a young woman anymore so I will not be joining in at bay 16, I’ll leave that for the young ones.
I don’t need to slag off the club or fans, we are in this together. Maybe this has always been the problem?

scottmac

Suspended
Geez Wombat, I think you need to pop a few aspirin & have a lay down.
I was not referring to bay 16, I was talking about the entire crowd in general being quiet.
No point calling out someone for being mouthy behind a keyboard when this is a forum & I believe you like everyone else expresses their thoughts behind a keyboard. I’m not sure how that constitutes you calling me mouthy?
And who am I slagging off? I was at the game with my husband like am I for most but I’m not a young woman anymore so I will not be joining in at bay 16, I’ll leave that for the young ones.
I don’t need to slag off the club or fans, we are in this together. Maybe this has always been the problem?
Careful Kit....... this conversation had played out many times on this forum and its like looking at the sun. Just a glimpse and then look away otherwise you'll do yourself permanent damage no matter what your thoughts are on the topic :unsure:

adz

Staff member
Careful Kit....... this conversation had played out many times on this forum and its like looking at the sun. Just a glimpse and then look away otherwise you'll do yourself permanent damage no matter what your thoughts are on the topic :unsure:

@Kit Walker as strange as it sounds, this is pretty accurate. This has been a sensitive topic over the years so we generally don't go there now.

General crowd noise will rise as the crowd gets bigger, the crowds will get bigger when the results get better... maybe?? Either way we can't really change anything here and it usually ends up in a bit of a slanging match.

Kit Walker

@Kit Walker as strange as it sounds, this is pretty accurate. This has been a sensitive topic over the years so we generally don't go there now.

General crowd noise will rise as the crowd gets bigger, the crowds will get bigger when the results get better... maybe?? Either way we can't really change anything here and it usually ends up in a bit of a slanging match.
Maybe.....

marinermick

Interested to see what Staj does with his defence. Our lack of pace defensively out wide is a worry.

I think Miller may get a start as a result with Gordon sliding in, Fox and Tongyik dropped.

There needs to be changes. Six goals in two games as well as other stats showing we are the worst defensive team in the comp in regards to chances created against us.

Insertnamehere

Interested to see what Staj does with his defence. Our lack of pace defensively out wide is a worry.

I think Miller may get a start as a result with Gordon sliding in, Fox and Tongyik dropped.

There needs to be changes. Six goals in two games as well as other stats showing we are the worst defensive team in the comp in regards to chances created against us.
Especially after grinding out a result early on. Seemed something had changed, maybe it was a fluke. Hopefully not

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

There was a drum there, normally we have 2. But I got caught up in work. We will all be there this weekend supporting the lads as bay 16. :)
The drum wasn't heard on TV at all - not a sound carried from Bay 16 on TV that match. So, if there were a few getting just as many people singing in Bay 16 as any other game it didn't carry through. But the broader crowd was dead too, not even a mariners clap.
No harm in those observations - and if the crowd has no energy this early in the season then it's a valid, concerning observation on what impact those performances may have on our crowds.
Some people need to settle down with the overreactions, hysteria, putting words into people's mouths and general hostility towards some of our new posters over nothing at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred