• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 7 v Western Something-or-other

Ironbark

----------------Birighitti
Miller ----Gordon---Rowles---Clisby
-------Eun-sun--------Duric--------------
Silvera------De Silva------------Oar
------------------Murray----------------

Bench
Pearce, Gallifuoco, Stensness, McGlinchey, Nisbet, Majok, Simon. Fox misses out to GG because he can cover the backline as well as DM where Kim and Duric are a bit suspect with fitness and injury.
I like this line up a lot

turbo

If Duric is indeed fit then I would be tempted to start him and Kim and try to dominate the midfield.

----------------Birighitti
Miller ----Gordon---Rowles---Clisby
-------Eun-sun--------Duric--------------
Silvera------De Silva------------Oar
------------------Murray----------------

Bench
Pearce, Gallifuoco, Stensness, McGlinchey, Nisbet, Majok, Simon. Fox misses out to GG because he can cover the backline as well as DM where Kim and Duric are a bit suspect with fitness and injury.

Why include weemac at the expense of Fox? In your line up I’d expect 2 of Kim, DDS or Duric not to play a full game so we’d want Stensness and GG as options in the middle. Nisbet another option but we haven’t given him a run yet. Then third sub determined either by necessity or the score line.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yeah....I wonder what it's going to take for Nisbet to get a run. I was surprised he didn't get more of a go under MM too.....he never seems to have the favour of the coaches.
Weemac was a surprising addition. Having Jair out leaves me less confident, though I'm happy with DDS and Duric in.
Such a turnaround from DDS - in the sense that we badly missed him last week.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Now that WP won last night, I feel like this is a real must win. 3 losses in a row, and bottom of the table.....that'd drive the fans away hard, and I'd also wonder what it would take for the players to start losing the faith.

pjennings

Why include weemac at the expense of Fox? In your line up I’d expect 2 of Kim, DDS or Duric not to play a full game so we’d want Stensness and GG as options in the middle. Nisbet another option but we haven’t given him a run yet. Then third sub determined either by necessity or the score line.

I did assume that two or three of Kim, DDS & Duric won't make 90 mins. GG can cover the backline if there is an injury. The choice was between Weemac and Fox and Nisbet and he can cover from DM forward. If I was to include Fox it would have been for Nisbet.

MagpieMariner

our two losses (in a row) don't worry me too much because they were against two of the top three teams so far. In fact I'd call them the top two, because I think they're better than the Smurfs. Consider also our other loss against WSW was a somewhat dodgy pen as I remember, I thought we matched them in that match. We would have beaten the Scum if we'd had a reasonable striker.
Agreed we MUST win this match, and if we do we're back in the 6. I think our pace might cause the pensioners all sorts of trouble, so a win isn't out of the question. We mustn't give BB and Diamante any space though.
My point is that we're not travelling too badly, IMO, we're better than Glory, Roar & 'Nux and if we can stop Toivonen (who has had a hand in most if not all their goals so far) we can beat Melbourne Loss (well, they're not Victorious). In fact, MV had most if not all their top players in last night and the score line was the same as against us when we had a couple of essential players out.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Like I twittered earlier ...Time to get UNITED against Western...if not now WHEN..etc etc so and so forth
Win to us by the slimmest of margins
#COYY #ForTheBadge #CCMForLife

turbo

fact I'd call them the top two, because I think they're better than the Smurfs.
Big call and about the only thing in that post I disagree with. Right now Sydney look like the team to beat. The only blemish on their campaign so far is the WSW game that they should have won handily but their finishing let them down. VAR wasn’t on their side for once either.

MagpieMariner

Certainly FC look very good. I just based my judgement on the fact FC haven't achieved a clean sheet yet, while the other two have, and AU haven't given one up either. But I sure wouldn't argue, the difference is so minuscule that it doesn't matter.

Pirate Pete

EKHZGKSUEAAJOmw

Elite

No idea where our goals with come from with that starting line-up. With how important this match is, I'm worried honestly.

Big Al

Interesting line up

So Ziggy at CB. Not sure of him there. Lets see how he goes over 90mins against quality strikers

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred