• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 7 MV v CCM Thursday

Wombat

I think we can get a draw here and maybe, just maybe take all 3 points.
I'd imagine Harry will come in for McGing.
Otherwise the same stating 11.
COYY.

shipwreck

Valeri out is always good, even tho they have enviable depth.

Let's not forget an average Jets team bested them only a few weeks ago and we just made them look like semi pros.

I'll be happy with a gutsy performance and a 2-1 loss, this is our chance to play effective attractive football, not just be the a-league equivalent of that guy at futsal who keeps shooting from halfway because its entertaining.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I feel like it's impossible to predict a scoreline with us. MV should win this comfortably, but I feel like we have the potential to pull anything out of our arse. We have the 'never say die' mentality, we have varied attack, we're doing well on the counterattack (as opposed to under the Moss days where every single counterattack where re we outnumber the defence would stil result in us passing it back to our keeper, then the ball boy, then the security guard at the back of Bay 16 checking out the eye candy underneath his speed dealer sunnies, then out to the carpark attendant). Given that our finishing has probably been our biggest weakness (well, that and defensive errors, which we're improving on), that really means that we could hit that form at any moment and sink a few goals in.
I'm worried about Berisha though, I feel like he could tear our inexperienced defence to shreds and score a hat trick. One of those from a dive in the box leading to a penalty.

Gratis

"And Central Coast will deploy skipper Nick Montgomery at centre-back against Victory in an effort to shackle in-form Besart Berisha.

“The best balance for us is to put experience at the back,” Walmsley said.

“We know Berisha is an absolute handful and we know Monty isn’t going to have any shyness about getting stuck into him.

“I think this gives us the best chance to stifle there [Victory] danger through the middle.

“His [Montgomery’s] range of passing is great so he can switch the ball along the back-four or get a ball straight to Mitch Austin with one 60-yard pass,” the Mariners boss added.

“In transition, if Monty wins the ball back which he does well and bangs it out to Mitch, we know we’ve got some potential weapons there on the counter attack.”

Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...96m8pv7jnes81edxqms2yr3nb#5B9WcTIAuOUrGDJi.99

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I love how dynamic Walmsley is approaching the rostering, changing the team and structure around to suit the opponent, it's great to see. Monty v Berisha could be an entertaining contest.

Berisha is well overdue a red card
He's well overdue a football boot to the face too.

Capt. Awesome

"And Central Coast will deploy skipper Nick Montgomery at centre-back against Victory in an effort to shackle in-form Besart Berisha.

“The best balance for us is to put experience at the back,” Walmsley said.

“We know Berisha is an absolute handful and we know Monty isn’t going to have any shyness about getting stuck into him.

“I think this gives us the best chance to stifle there [Victory] danger through the middle.

“His [Montgomery’s] range of passing is great so he can switch the ball along the back-four or get a ball straight to Mitch Austin with one 60-yard pass,” the Mariners boss added.

“In transition, if Monty wins the ball back which he does well and bangs it out to Mitch, we know we’ve got some potential weapons there on the counter attack.”

Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...96m8pv7jnes81edxqms2yr3nb#5B9WcTIAuOUrGDJi.99

For Walmsley to be so open about strategy suggests he is trying to put Victory off about his 'real' strategy. After #phonegate why would he be so open?

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
yep...Ben bloody Williams...as pedantic as friggin KGJ but slightly smarter than idiot from the Nux match, but not by much...his not a Victorian native is he?

Coastalraider

I feel like it's impossible to predict a scoreline with us. MV should win this comfortably, but I feel like we have the potential to pull anything out of our arse. We have the 'never say die' mentality, we have varied attack, we're doing well on the counterattack (as opposed to under the Moss days where every single counterattack where re we outnumber the defence would stil result in us passing it back to our keeper, then the ball boy, then the security guard at the back of Bay 16 checking out the eye candy underneath his speed dealer sunnies, then out to the carpark attendant). Given that our finishing has probably been our biggest weakness (well, that and defensive errors, which we're improving on), that really means that we could hit that form at any moment and sink a few goals in.
I'm worried about Berisha though, I feel like he could tear our inexperienced defence to shreds and score a hat trick. One of those from a dive in the box leading to a penalty.

Hands down the best explanation of the Moss era tactics.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
REFCHANT_zpsqyxuha71.jpg

Rowdy

A-League Preview: Melbourne Victory v Central Coast Mariners.
downloadfile.jpg

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/...ry-v-central-coast-mariners-1#:YHAp3jvNbcQl-A

Fresh from their F3 Derby heroics in the Hunter, the Mariners head south to take on the rampaging A-League champions in Victory, who have seemingly rediscovered their mojo.

BLUFFER'S GUIDE:

Central Coast's focus on entertaining football has won admirers this season, with all six games involving Tony Walmsley's charges having seen both teams score.

But the Mariners' tactics could also be dubbed 'all power, no responsibility' with the club's reputation for solid defence seemingly thrown out the window - leaving them with just one win this term.

Last week's 1-1 draw with 10 men was arguably the Mariners' best display this season but they will have to find at least another gear when they meet the reigning champions.

Victory outgunned former leaders Sydney FC 4-2 in a scintillating Big Blue last week and a two-goal win at AAMI Park would see them overhaul Brisbane Roar at the top of the table.

The Big V underlined their reputation as the A-League's most dangerous side against Sydney with Besart Berisha, Gui Finkler and Kosta Barbarouses all getting on the scoresheet.

It is hard to see Central Coast's back four dealing with the weapons at Victory's disposal.

OPTA DATA

Victory have won their last five consecutive matches against Central Coast in the A-League scoring exactly three goals on four of those occasions.Mariners haven't beaten Victory away from home since November 2009.Central Coast's Anthony Caceres has had 12 shots (incl. blocks) so far this season without a goal. No player has had more shots without scoring.Besart Berisha has scored 13 goals in his last 14 games (incl. finals and FFA Cup).

ROUTE TO GOAL

With Scott Galloway and Giancarlo Gallifuoco returning to Kevin Muscat's squad, Victory's defence should be tougher to break down than they were during the first half of the Big Blue.

That does not bode well for Central Coast, regardless of Walmsley's attacking philosophy.

The Mariners still await the return of Fabio Ferreira (hamstring), meaning Roy O'Donovan (3 goals) will be the visitors' main goal-scoring threat.

Victory have also brought back Connor Pain following Olyroos duty - yet another option up front for Muscat - but Berisha (5 goals) remains the Big V's leading man in the final third.

Berisha was lethal against Sydney and the former Brisbane Roar striker should relish the space he is likely to find against Central Coast.

WHO'S BEEN IN THE SPOTLIGHT THIS WEEK?

The Mariners' phones. The Gosford-based club have launched an inquiry due to reported leaks of tactical details to opposition teams. The phone records of players and staff have been requested.

FORM LINES

Victory: DWLWW
Mariners: WLLDD

PREDICTION

Melbourne Victory 3-1 Central Coast Mariners

Gratis

i don't gamble (no judgement, I just don't enjoy it) but this might be a game worth putting 10 bucks on. the odds will be long but there's a potential upset in the tank. as unlikely as it may be it'll come out some game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred