• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 7 MV v CCM Thursday

Gratis

Looking forward to this after that last effort.

No McGing or Fabio.

Nor confident of the result due to MV's form but we'll be up for it - and an upset would be delightful.

First game with Ollie playing against us too

FFC Mariner

I think we are good for a point against anyone but a valiant battling loss seems likely.

Virtually no side can sit deep and hope to keep Victory out. Ha, Sydney.

Might as well have a go and see what happens.

Rosey to CB and Sim at LB?

Rowdy

Expecting a loss myself I'd like Walmsley to have a chat with Heff 2.0 this week about coming out of his shell a bit more this week.

Giving him the OK to express himself & 'have a go' at trying to beat a few players, turning more when he recieves with his back to goal & taking a shot instead of distributing wide.

Heffernan knows Victory, having played against them in a pre-season friendly for Hume City, which Hume City only just lost after leading for most of the 90mins

Hume were ahead 3-2, until they conceded 2 late goals in the 90th & 92nd minute for Melb.Victory to then take the win, 4-3.

(Edit: Soz, confused Heffernan - Heidelberg, with another Victorian NPL player, potential CCM GoalKeeper- Chris Oldfield from Hume City)

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

What I posted in another thread...

I say lets topple the A league darlings Thursday night and remind all the gossipers what really matters.

To do that though we better put Posco on Berisha, make sure Austin and Rosey keep Kosta in check, Monty monsters Finkler, and help Fitzy to harrass Khalfallah, and Caceres to be highly active for the full 90.

I'm sure we'll create opportunities, but need to keep their attack at bay. Berisha takes his chances. So we can't give as many as we have to others or they will almost certainly roll us.

McGrime

"IF" we can convert even 20% of the chances we are currently creating + get a fair go 50/50 from the ref & Co I can see a very close game.
We will finish strong so lets keep them close for the first hour & see what eventuates.
I am seeing improvement every week from this young side.
Last week our Heart & Fitness was beyond reproach.
This week Skill & Finishing would go a long way to a result.

Paolo

Heffernan knows Victory, having played against them in a pre-season friendly for Hume City, which Hume City only just lost after leading for most of the 90mins.

Hume were ahead 3-2, until they conceded 2 late goals in the 90th & 92min for Melb Victory to then take the win, 4-3.
Heff played for Heidelberg

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
"IF" we can convert even 20% of the chances we are currently creating + get a fair go 50/50 from the ref & Co I can see a very close game.
We will finish strong so lets keep them close for the first hour & see what eventuates.
I am seeing improvement every week from this young side.
Last week our Heart & Fitness was beyond reproach.
This week Skill & Finishing would go a long way to a result.

50/50 from the ref... bahahahaha

BrisRecky

Sorry about that McGrime, but you are spot on about the finishing, if we can even improve marginally on how we been doing, we may very well give the Mexicans are scare and a half...a win would be bonz, it would drive the media mental wondering who hacked musc**ts phone...but I'm betting on a draw....here is your chance Heff v2 and Royo the boyo....time to lift the veil and whoop arse

shipwreck

Heff has seemed a bit daunted by it all lately, hope he gets some mongrel about him and realises he deserves to be a pro.

BrisRecky

There was one corner v the nix, where I swear he was right in place for the corner then bottled it and backed off...so, yeh, a dash of mongrel would be good

McGrime

Your right about Heff he's a pretty big unit & if he can use controlled aggression along the lines of Monty last week he would kill it.
Although defenders seem to get away with murder sometimes ( McGing exception here)
Whereas if a front man throws himself around they get walloped like the Big "O" this season (That's O'Donovan not O'Sullivan...lol)

kevrenor

Thursday, 19 November 2015

Melbourne Victory FC v Central Coast Mariners FC

AAMI Park, Melbourne
Kick-Off: 8:00 PM (Local) (8:00 PM (AEDT))

Referee:Ben Williams
Assistant Referee 1:George Lakrindis
Assistant Referee 2:Wilson Brown
Fourth Official:Lucien Laverdure

TV Broadcast:Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 7.30pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport 2 (New Zealand)
Radio Broadcast:774 ABC Melbourne, 92.5 ABC Central Coast, ABC Local Radio Vic, Grandstand Digital, Online & via the ABC Radio Mobile App – A-league Live.SEN 1116 AM (Melbourne)