• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 7 Mariners v Sydney (SFS)

Wombat

Great win and fully deserved. I thought we were a bit hesitant early on but once we settled we were excellent and fully deserving of our win.

Kudos to Arnie who got everything right tonight.

6.5. Pasfield. We are lucky to have a quality keeper like Pasfield as Ryan's understudy. Looked very good apart from the free kick but made top save in extra time.
7. Rose. Good game
7. Bojic. Redeemed himself and played with a lot more composure this week. Good ball for weemacs goal.
8. Dutchy. Great game and superb free kick.
7. Wilko. Solid as usual.
8. Weemac. Easily his best game of the year, took on a leadership role and great run and finish.
8. Griffo. Very important performance. Dominant and aggressive. Bit slow to move the ball early but then really got into the game.
7.5 McBreen. Good game, strong and some intelligent link up play.
6.5. Hutch. Pretty good game and didn't hide. Gave the ball away cheaply a couple of times but generally very good.
7.5 Simon. Brave and pugnacious as usual. Made a monkey out of Beauchamp with lovely control for superb assist on third goal.
7. Bernie. Good game. He is a handful.

Subs. Amini was all class when he came on...fantastic to watch. Looked like Perez on the ball now.
Hearfield was unlucky not to start and was lively as soon as he got on. Pelle only got a few minutes and gave away free kick but got involved to ensure we got the win.

We are starting to click.

midfielder

How Sweet it is...

Musty was pure class tonight... forgot how good he actually is... can hardly wait till he is fully fit...

Everyone's game was up ... by far our best performance of the season so far...

Forum Phoenix

Great win. SFS is not an easy away game. Especially for us. We looked composed. And we played very well. Still a bit more confidence and endeavour in the final third required perhaps. But coming along very well.

Overall a great team performance, and even though we copped two, our defense is just excellent.

Nice to see Hutch in yellow again and do such a good job.
Lowest score on your list Wombat? Well, your nothing if not consistent I guess ;)

Musti. Exciting. Great to watch him again, and go, NUP, this terrific kid is not over hyped haters. A few years developing in Germany, and he should become a real asset to our NT also.

gull

Awesome win. Well done Mariners!! As someone said on facebook: Brett Emerton = simulation. Looking forward to the rescinded goal & suspension...oh wait was that a flying pig I just saw?

Roy Law

Cash strapped Mariners outplay silvertail Sydney - what a way to put the financial woes to one side! Great performance, great, fully deserved result. What marvellous character this team has!

Jerem

7. Bojic. Redeemed himself and played with a lot more composure this week. Good ball for weemacs goal.

it was a shocker of a pass!, to have that much time on the ball and make it bounce like a muralitheran mullygrubby,
shows the sheer class of the KIWI, wee macs finish made bojic look reasonable. . .

great jedi esque penalty from the dutchman!!

ash460

A great result.
A couple of my observations from the game. In the first half I thought Simon was great with getting in to position for balls constantly but noone was willing to push a pass forward. I think throughout the whole game I only saw Hutch pass the ball forward once. Does he even look up the field or only to draw a man and then play back?
We are constantly working the ball into decent position forward and instead of pushing the last pass or crossing, we play all the way to the back again and then punch a wasted long ball.
Musti brought some confidence in attack when he came on and was willing to take people on. He's looking stronger on the ball and is surely getting due for more game time.
Bring on the heart

midfielder

Just hope Musty is fit enough to return to the side full time sooner rather than latter ... the boy is pure class...

As a constant Hutch critic ... I have to say last night was IMO the best he has played for us in two years... well done Hutch ...

Ancient Mariner

Bozza last night stated that on that performance Bozanic will struggle to displace Hutch.

He and the Glinch (my mom) owned the midfield.

Much improved performance all around.

Defence occasionally leaky, however very hard to fault any of the back five or Pasfield.
Their goals came from free kick from a dive and an unlucky rebound.

Massive improvement from Pedj and Rose enhanced his international.

Front three very good. Matty may be unfashionable but is worth two players.

I would love the MRV to look at Emerton's dive and Reddy clawing at Musti's face, but I will win lotto before that happens.

Wombat

Bozza was dribbling big time. He is mates with Hutcho.

Hutcho was pretty solid and showed he can still play at this level but Bozanic is another level above.

I think Pelle caught Emerton but i'd need to see the replay.

Remember its one rule for us ( and Perez) and another rule for everyone else.....especially Sydney. As for the Reddy incident its a good job he didnt have a bottle on him or he would have glassed Musti before remembering about the ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred