• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 7 Mariners v Sydney (SFS)

timmers

Seeing as a lineup or two has already been discussed, I thought we might as well start a thread for the game. If admins feel this should be drafted into the 'Sydney Away' thread I won't complain, but thought I'd leave that for pre-match etc.

I think everyone has a few questions for this week. I reckon the forced changes of Ryan and Bozanic on Olyroos duty mean that GA may be tempted to leave Pedj in there for a bit of stability. Surely his last chance if he does get a start, hasn't started the season well.

My team

-----------Pasfield------------
Pedj----Wilko----Dutchy----Rose

------------Griff-------------
Glinch---------------Hearfield
------------McBreen-----------

--------Simon----Bernie------

Carle is looking really dangerous for Sydney and with Emmo back, they will be tough to beat. Tipping a 1-1 draw

midfielder

Timmers

You are spot on about Carle ... he must be close to a Socceroo call up ...

Hoping Musty gets a bit more game time...SFC are going to be hard to beat this year...

pjennings

My team

-------------------------Pasfield------------

Sainsbury/Hearfield----Wilko-----Big Pat----Rose

-------------------------Griffiths----------

WeeMac--------------------------------------Hutch

---------------------------McBreen--------------

---------------------Bernie--------Simon------

Bench: Matic, Hearfield/Sainsbury, Amini, Kwas

Roy Law

Bringing in Hutch means less disruption;if Bojic out then Porter will also come into contention.

dibo

All this football talk is just getting in the way of preparing for the drinking.

If Sydney away is about football, then I'm a pink budgie.

Wombat

Seeing as a lineup or two has already been discussed, I thought we might as well start a thread for the game. If admins feel this should be drafted into the 'Sydney Away' thread I won't complain, but thought I'd leave that for pre-match etc.

I think everyone has a few questions for this week. I reckon the forced changes of Ryan and Bozanic on Olyroos duty mean that GA may be tempted to leave Pedj in there for a bit of stability. Surely his last chance if he does get a start, hasn't started the season well.

My team

-----------Pasfield------------
Pedj----Wilko----Dutchy----Rose

------------Griff-------------
Glinch---------------Hearfield
------------McBreen-----------

--------Simon----Bernie------

That's probably our most sensible side with bozza, Ryan and McDonald out.

Pedj gets a chance at redemption so back four stays solid defensively. Hearfield deserves a start and while I would love to see Amini start it may be safer to bring him on at 55-60 minute mark and McBreen has been doing a decent job.

Carle is looking really dangerous for Sydney and with Emmo back, they will be tough to beat. Tipping a 1-1 draw

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

If we play like we did in the first half last week, and assuming somebody actually learned how to shoot at training this week, then I reckon we'll be unstoppable :piralaugh: :pirashoot:

Bring Amini on early enough to make an impact, and don't take Ibini off to do it.

Jeez, can you imagine Amini and Ibini both feeding the front line together? If we get those linkups happening and our strikers still can't score, it might be time to throw them off the Brian Mcgowan Bridge......

.....as a warning, that next time we'll throw them off something high enough to actually hurt :eek:verhead:

true believer

Bring Amini on early enough to make an impact, and don't take Ibini off to do it.

while this would be a dream. i think arnie has to be given an A+ for managing the kiddies .
i even thought arnie must be thinking of putting berine back on the bench for a while as the kid is getting bashed by opposition defences .
on that note ryan looks 6 or 7 kilo's bigger and impossing

Ancient Mariner

If we play like we did in the first half last week, and assuming somebody actually learned how to shoot at training this week, then I reckon we'll be unstoppable :piralaugh: :pirashoot:
We are going to have to play much better this week than last to beat Sydney.

Melbourne were very ordinary last week and made us look better than what we really were.

This game will not be easy.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

while this would be a dream. i think arnie has to be given an A+ for managing the kiddies .
i even thought arnie must be thinking of putting berine back on the bench for a while as the kid is getting bashed by opposition defences .

Fair point. As for Ibini - keeping him on the bench isn't going to teach him to deal with the extra physicality of the HAL.

Matty Simon was no different when he started.

Amini was badly hacked everytime he got anywhere near the ball in his first few matches.

FFC Mariner

All this football talk is just getting in the way of preparing for the drinking.

There is football at Sydney away?

Learn something everyday

2nd only to Melbourne away in away trip awesomeness

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I've always wondered how many people get so stuck on the pub crawl up the hill that they forget to actually turn up to the game :thumbup:

priorpeter

A certain individual's bucks was organised for Victory away last November. Some times were had. Some things were seen.

131666940719.jpg

shipwreck

I prefer the heart away trips, not sure why just like that atmosphere better!! Sydney will be a good test for us, if we are anywhere near the team of last year we should do them over, 2-2 I'm predicting

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I miss the Sydney away trips, great fun.

Anyway, we've got Srebre Delovski refereeing us again - http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/hyundai-a-league-referees--week-7/42710

Surprised he's allowed to ref us twice in a row...

MagpieMariner

I miss the Sydney away trips, great fun.

Anyway, we've got Srebre Delovski refereeing us again - http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/hyundai-a-league-referees--week-7/42710

Surprised he's allowed to ref us twice in a row...
Happy about that. He makes some errors like everybody, but IMO he's the best I've seen this year.

kevrenor

Sydney FC vs. Central Coast Mariners
Saturday, 19 November 2011
R7 HAL
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Local Kick Off: 7:45pm
Referee: Strebre Delovski / Assistant Ref 1: Scott Edeling / Assistant Ref 2: Lance Greenshields / 4th Official: Kurt Ams

TV Broadcast: Fox Sports 1
Radio broadcaster: Coast FM 96.3 GosfordHead-to-Head: All matches (played 19): Sydney FC wins 8, Central Coast Mariners wins 5
(6 draws)

Sydney FC squad: 1. Liam Reddy, 3. Jamie Coyne, 4. Pascal Bosschaart, 5. Michael Beauchamp, 6. Hirofumi Moriyasu, 7. Brett Emerton, 8. Karol Kisel, 9. Bruno Cazarine, 10. Nick Carle, 12. Shannon Cole, 15. Terry McFlynn (c), 17. Terry Antonis, 18. Juho Makela, 19. Mark Bridge, 20. Ivan Necevski, 21. Scott Jamieson
*one to be omitted*

In: Brett Emerton (returns from international duty), Hirofumi Moriyasu (promoted), Juho Makela (returns from injury)
Out: Sebastian Ryall (U23 duty), Rhyan Grant (U23 duty), Dimi Petratos (U23 duty)
Unavailable: Nil

Central Coast Mariners squad: 2. Daniel Mcbreen, 3. Joshua Rose, 4. Pedj Bojic, 5. Brad Porter, 6. Patrick Zwaanswijk, 7. John Hutchinson, 8. Rostyn Griffiths, 9. Bernie Ibini, 10. Adriano Pellegrino, 12. Troy Hearfield, 14. Michael Mcglinchey, 16. Trent Sainsbury, 18. Alex Wilkinson, 19. Matt Simon, 20. Justin Pasfield (Gk), 21. Sam Gallagher, 22. Mustafa Amini
*three to be omitted* *goalkeeper to be included*

In: 5. Brad Porter (Promoted), 10. Adriano Pellegrino (Promoted),16. Trent Sainsbury (Promoted), 21. Sam Gallagher (Promoted)
Out: 1. Mathew Ryan, 11. Oliver Bozanic (Qantas Australian Under 23 Duty)
Unavailable: 1. Mathew Ryan (Qantas Australian Under 23 Duty – 2 Weeks), 11. Oliver Bozanic (Qantas Australian Under 23 Duty – 2 Weeks), 13. Stuart Musialik (Adductor – 1 Week), 15. Brad Mcdonald (Qantas Australian Under 23 Duty – 2 Weeks), 23. Adam Kwasnik (Ankle – 1 Week)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred