• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 6 v Adelaide (home)

Big Al

Won’t miss DDS much.

Murray up top
Oar Silvera wings
With Milan smashing them past them all into the goals
And Matt for some hold the league agro
Majok might get a run as a late sub

And Kim on for who ever isn’t doing the job between Stessness and GG

Tonyik straight in for Rowles

And a big bench for off kids as we can have a few more now

true believer

with DDS out, we can't afford to not have Silvera. He's already shown he doesn't get intimidated by that crap.
Given it didn't achieve anything in the FFA cup, it may be that AU won't target him this time.
Hmm with slow centre backs the reds wont target a guy with quick feet. that is probably the biggest danger they face.
After last time they got away with hacking him all over the park.
Ok ............

Play kim because the only red the ref will see will be for one of our guys

Michael

Won’t miss DDS much.

we 1000% will miss him. He’s been brilliant, his effort and application has been 2nd to none so far. His quality has been immense. Yeah, tactically speaking it’s not too much of a hassle. It’ll just mean matty or muzz come in. But we are definitely worse off without Danny right now.

turbo

Hmm with slow centre backs the reds wont target a guy with quick feet. that is probably the biggest danger they face.
After last time they got away with hacking him all over the park.
Ok ............
Play kim because the only red the ref will see will be for one of our guys

So you’d have us play their game in case the ref doesn’t give them cards? In losing DDS for the game we’ve lost an attacking player and he needs to be replaced with one. If you put Kim on and not start Silvera that leaves Oar with the bulk of the attacking duties. It would be a weird lineup.

turbo

we 1000% will miss him. He’s been brilliant, his effort and application has been 2nd to none so far. His quality has been immense. Yeah, tactically speaking it’s not too much of a hassle. It’ll just mean matty or muzz come in. But we are definitely worse off without Danny right now.
Totally agree, we can work around it but he’s one of our best 11 without question and we look worse if he isn’t out there, I’d go further to say he’s in our top 6. At least it isn’t a last minute scratching and Staj will have had time to consider his options and test some things out if he wanted to.

Forum Phoenix

with DDS out, we can't afford to not have Silvera. He's already shown he doesn't get intimidated by that crap.
Given it didn't achieve anything in the FFA cup, it may be that AU won't target him this time.

His recent profile and fox commentary support means if he’s hacked they’re much more likely to cop yellows this time I think.

true believer

So you’d have us play their game in case the ref doesn’t give them cards? In losing DDS for the game we’ve lost an attacking player and he needs to be replaced with one. If you put Kim on and not start Silvera that leaves Oar with the bulk of the attacking duties. It would be a weird lineup.
Let me know which refs have favoured us in the last 4 years . Has anyone even got a red . I think ready was the last .
No we cant play the same attacking game . "Because dds wont be there"

It worked in perth with sammy .because we had fresh legs and they weren't expecting it .that won't happen against the reds that probably should of had 2 guys in the sheds instead we got one last time we played.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

I suspect Silvera will be brought central - he was excellent when pushed inside in pre season - and bring in Murray wide right. With probably Majok to sub with him in second half. Tongyik for Rowles, and my guess is the rest won’t be changed.

Smallest impact on the side possible. That’s what I think we’ll see unless there’s something Staj is seeing in another player at training or he’s got something else cooking just for Adelaide.

That or it’s back to the 4231 like Turbo said.

Big Al

He’s been playing well but i was more meaning from the team balance.

We caught Perth out with the small lineup but were toothless from halftime against Perth and All game against City

Muzz brought more direction to the atrack and more Zip

DDS has been working hard and should of had 3 against Perth but did nothing against City

It’s certainly a loss but someone needs to go to make way for a striker and DDS is the least winger like of the 3 small guys

turbo

We got a red last time we played because Simon went looking for it. Maybe Adelaide got the benefit of the doubt a bit too much and yes I expect them to play a physical game again. But we can’t give up on the attack either and decide to play some weird defensive setup.
The only thing I can think of with what I think you’re suggesting is something like

————— Birraz————-
Gordon - Fox - Tongyik— Clisby
Stensness — Kim — — —Gg
Duric —- Murray —- Oar
Maybe switch Murray to the right and have Duric hang a little back but I don’t think it’s our best play.

IMO we let Silvera frustrate them and win fouls in good spots but he has to be aware he might not get every 50-50 so don’t drop unless it’s a decent foul.

Edit - was responding to TB. I’ve already posted my preferred line up.

true believer

Simon certainly played stupid .
But jakobson had already commited a few fouls . As did elsey .multipule fouls were repeatedly ignored .
I see no reason to believe this won't happen again .sammy was fouled four times before a card came out against perth . Ziggy got elbowed in the head and then he got a yellow card .
Until this clear bias is resolved then . Protecting a player from a muscat style career ender is paramount.

turbo

Until this clear bias is resolved then . Protecting a player from a muscat style career ender is paramount.
I don't think Adelaide are going to be throwing leg breakers his way. Elsey and Jakobson are grubs but they aren't Muscat. They will foul Silvera regardless of when he gets on so I think it's important he doesn't drop for the softer fouls to show the ref he isnt just fishing for them, overall fishing for soft fouls hasnt been well rewarded across the league this season so it's not just a CCM thing. If he is being fouled and stays upright and attempts to play on it adds weight to when they do knock him down or hold him back. They might get more blatant as well.

In terms of perceptions towards us we need to keep playing well and performing. We've already seen the narrative around Silvera change in the Perth game and we aren't being looked at as a formality to a guaranteed 3 points anymore. Some attitudes will take longer to change but if we can put together a few more wins it will go a long way towards that.

Tevor

I think in the FFA cup they did and were allowed to hack us to pieces however here are the stats so far this HAL season;
Fouls conceded
CCM - 43
AU - 42
(Scum are the lowest with 37)

Yellow cards
CCM and AU both on 5 with the least amount in the HAL so far.

They do have one Red, pretty sure this was for 2 yellows.

So they are either getting away with a lot or play a cleaner game in the HAL than they did in the FFA Cup. Lets face it you could get away with yellows in the Cup with not a great deal of concern so you can not blame them.

I've watched a few of their games and they are not particularly dirty like WSW and WU who are leading fouls conceded with 87 and 65 respectively. However they do have some good backs who know how to get away with a lot and do on most occasions. So on balance how AU play this game maybe very different to the FFA cup match. Their new gaffer wants to play an attacking brand of football so that also doesn't really favour the hack fest some think we may see this weekend. They will no doubt press and try and disrupt our attacking players (Oar, Milan and Silvera) come to mind and City did this very successfully last week so have shown them the game plan to stop us. We need to mix it up this week to not fall into the same problems as last week.

On another note it's nice to see Staj has cleaned up our act and hopefully the results keep coming so we don't fall back into being a team of frustrated players with poor discipline.

Reactions: adz

turbo

They will no doubt press and try and disrupt our attacking players (Oar, Milan and Silvera) come to mind and City did this very successfully last week so have shown them the game plan to stop us. We need to mix it up this week to not fall into the same problems as last week.
Perth did that at times and we had some nice tight passing and movement going on. Nerve wracking to watch expecting a tackle though it worked there but on a wet day in Melbourne thats a much harder thing to do and the chance of error goes up a lot. I think we'll handle the press better on Saturday.

Their red was a straight red for a DOGSO situation by Strain in round 1 v Sydney. You could argue ALF went down to easy but Strain fumbled the ball and then should never have had his hands on him from behind anyway.

Ozhammer

Their red was a straight red for a DOGSO situation by Strain in round 1 v Sydney. You could argue ALF went down to easy but Strain fumbled the ball and then should never have had his hands on him from behind anyway.
DOGSO? That made I larf, almost as much as the Tassie commentator calling a yellow card a slice of cheese - genius!

turbo

DOGSO? That made I larf, almost as much as the Tassie commentator calling a yellow card a slice of cheese - genius!
I like the slice of cheese name. Learned it from some kids at a home game a while back.
DOGSO is a pretty standard acronym and I believe actually used in the laws of the game. Denial of an Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred