• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 5 vs Cupcake Mafia

FFC Mariner

Wanderers haemorrhage their best youth every season. It’s entertaining to watch. They honestly had the potential to be the biggest and probably most consistent club in the country but they’re a laughing stock and will continue to be.
my prediction was they’d probably start the season well and then fall off after Rudan’s ego f**ks off all the players.
Great point - WSW apologists on twitter telling me that they are ok to burn their youth because they have a "win now" mentality.
Youve won nothing and we have with youth. Club is a dumpster fire of sex criminals and DV abusers (you know who your are)

true believer

Same here on Triantis, I was sceptical of his signing but he is a special player. Shocking that the Wanderers produced both Triantis and Natta yet neither got a proper opportunity there.
nothing says more how mediocre rudin is,as a coach and inept their management are.
than letting go netta and triantis
as middy was saying last night "letting go lyall gorman , was like ours, their biggest mistake" .

Ancient Mariner

Finally watched the replay my points:
3 point MoM:
Faz, His best game ever.
Triantis, definitely future socceroo
Beni, at his awesome best
Aquilina, killed any of my doubts
Cumdingo, did not get the goals but pure class and one of our best signings
2 points,
Katak, just for the diagonal cross field passes and being a beast, a shame about a couple of shanks
Niz and Maxi, owned the midfield
Tulio, showed outrageous possible future talent
Along, led the aggression from the front and set the tone that never let WSW get settled.
1 point,
Danny, Not his fault that he did not have much to do.

Last edited:

Melange

Great point - WSW apologists on twitter telling me that they are ok to burn their youth because they have a "win now" mentality.
Youve won nothing and we have with youth. Club is a dumpster fire of sex criminals and DV abusers (you know who your are)
Surely that Rudan DVD/flash drive thing is just a rumour or was investigated. Why would the league, or any club for that matter, take such a huge reputational risk in letting him to coach if it was true?

Melange

Just watched the game for the first time.
- It took 19 minutes for them to get their second controlled play, that is they passed and controlled it out of their half to their attacker, in our half. Their third touch in that time came from their pressing.
- Took Andy Harper about 40 minutes before he dropped his deluded commentary, at the 25 or 30 minutes mark he said something about how we'd just started to wrestle control of the game from them after we couldn't handle their press for the first 10 minutes, FFS we could have been 3 up after 10.
- Beni was the best I've seen him, he didn't run out a game like that at all last season, looked fresh right till he was taken off.
- Niz had a great game with the ball, an immense game without it. Harassed so much and turned them back or picked their pockets all night.
- Fazz, best game he's played.
- We've got the best Tulio
- If our attackers wore red and black we would have got at least half a dozen free kicks just outside their box, seriously so many obvious fouls on us not called but Ams ACHES to give Stinko and that lot a free kick in a dangerous position.
- Najjarine is an absolute dud and must be Harper's love child..
- Any Mariners player I didn't mention above had a great game, not a poor performance on the pitch.
- some of our passing was sublime, as mentioned by others very Ange Roar like
- I hope as Monty shook hands with JVS he quietly said "shut the f**k up mate".

Could say so much more. On a high after watching that

Ancient Mariner

I am curious that Monty brought Dan on as a DM replacement. We are short in coverage in that position but I thought Dan's run in that position in the pre season showed that it was not a good fit.
Was it just convenient for last night or is it long term thinking?

FFC Mariner

I am curious that Monty brought Dan on as a DM replacement. We are short in coverage in that position but I thought Dan's run in that position in the pre season showed that it was not a good fit.
Was it just convenient for last night or is it long term thinking?
Seemed a specific ploy to get him some minutes and close them out - Max was superb and dindt seem to have a knock when he walked past us

Big Al

Same here on Triantis, I was sceptical of his signing but he is a special player. Shocking that the Wanderers produced both Triantis and Natta yet neither got a proper opportunity there.
Triantis was SFC youth first. Was in U14 team that featured most of the current crop coming through at Sydney.
They finished 4th that year 3rd was CCM

Think it was an Aussie scout tweet

Allreet?

Just rewatched the match and enjoyed it immensely - fabulous performance.

Everyone did well but best of all was the team shape and press. We never let WSW have a second on the ball and that is such a huge confidence boost and message to the league - bit of a shame that the league will close down for a month just as we've hit top gear.

Triantis and Fazz were just brilliant, Cummings was outstanding despite not scoring, and what can you say about Kuol. Makes a difference every time.

Very worried about Monty though. The headhunters will have taken note of that performance and he'll be in demand. Like Kuol, enjoy him while we can.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred