• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 15 vs Western United

Tevor

Honestly, Berisha and Diamanti’s class on that first goal tells most of what we need to know about our side.

No defence of Jair today from me, might as well have played with 10, it was so pointless having him on the park today, but also Muzz or any other starting striker has to his chances or be moved on. Not going to win many games by relying on a brace of pens or worldys from Milan.

And then compare the impact of Burgess to DESILVA.

Or our ‘Captain’... I love Tommy’s attitude but he’s been a big disappointment when it comes to his final ball and end product.

A lot of ball is channeled between those 2 players and it has done so little for us. If it wasn’t for Milan we’d have very little decent attacking play at all imo. He must be re-signed ASAP. And Kim is clearly our next best player. Birra will be hard to keep I fear.

Can’t help but feel we need yet another major over haul. But recruiting well is obviously so tough for us. Like to stay positive, but was a very depressing loss.
Well into January transfer window, oar gone and SS trialling. Miller extension and that’s it. Maybe players realise they are not getting extended and leaving at seasons end. No one looked interested so will be keen to see if we lift next week or is this the start of the rot.

turbo

43 balls into the box. I still think that game was winnable. But we can’t score to save our lives.

We need an LB, a CB ( for mine Ziggy is not big enough) we need a better 10 or I’d rather see Djuric or Silvera there. Oar and DDS can go as far as I’m concerned, but above all we have to spend on some quality up front or everything is just a waste of time.

Most of those balls in to the box were rubbish. The game plan needs to change because our strikers regardless of their quality just aren’t getting the ball in dangerous spaces. The attack is one dimensional and predictable, occasionally something lands our way but it’s easy to defend.

We need creativity from DDS and he’s just not delivering it. For now maybe that means giving SS a shot there but longer term we need a 10 and maybe need to look at DDS moving in to a more defensive role for next season.

The defensive lapses this game and some others have been costly but nowhere near as bad as our limp attack and right now I don’t think it would be any different if we landed a better striker. There are bigger issues with how we create our chances.

Corsair

Tip of the spear... there isn't one. We've bought another turd in Jair and Muzz is not a-league quality unfortunately.

McGlinchey is still shite and a waste of a visa.

DDS perennial disappointment and under achiever, should be scoring every game with the chances he gets.

Oar has checked out and.is not a left back anyway.He looks very amateur in defense, should be a mid.

Decent overall in midfield but can't see goals coming from anywhere. Need 2 new marquee players one of them a striker. Hell I'd even take Mallon back from last season.

Corsair

Could've played for 180 minutes and we still wouldn't have scored. The same problem we've had for years is still not addressed. Just can't put the bloody thing in the back of the net.
Why he wont give ruiz-diaz a go I'm not sure? Looks so exciting.

Ancient Mariner

I am getting over the structure that we are playing. 4-2-2-2 or whatever. Crowding the midfield is all very well but if the players there cannot play one touch quick football, nor control the ball, nor pass accurately there is not much point.
We cannot score and as Mick pointed out we leave open channels between the centre backs and the fullback positions.
Suicide.

Ancient Mariner

Please can we have a winger taking the ball to the line and putting in a low hard cross on the ground with a striker attacking near post?

Oh, silly me I forgot Murray is good in the air therefore everything has to be floated in. :confused:

pjennings

Most of those balls in to the box were rubbish. The game plan needs to change because our strikers regardless of their quality just aren’t getting the ball in dangerous spaces. The attack is one dimensional and predictable, occasionally something lands our way but it’s easy to defend.

We need creativity from DDS and he’s just not delivering it. For now maybe that means giving SS a shot there but longer term we need a 10 and maybe need to look at DDS moving in to a more defensive role for next season.

The defensive lapses this game and some others have been costly but nowhere near as bad as our limp attack and right now I don’t think it would be any different if we landed a better striker. There are bigger issues with how we create our chances.
Tip of the spear... there isn't one. We've bought another turd in Jair and Muzz is not a-league quality unfortunately.

McGlinchey is still shite and a waste of a visa.

DDS perennial disappointment and under achiever, should be scoring every game with the chances he gets.

Oar has checked out and.is not a left back anyway.He looks very amateur in defense, should be a mid.

Decent overall in midfield but can't see goals coming from anywhere. Need 2 new marquee players one of them a striker. Hell I'd even take Mallon back from last season.

44 crosses into the box - how many those were direct to their keeper with no player (ours or theirs within coee.

Stens needed to clear the ball before being dispossessed for their first goal - class goal though.
Kye own goal
Kye nowhere near his man for the third.
Oar crosses were poor.
DDS offers little

Our problem is not the strikers it is the creativity in midfield - not convinced by Jair at all but until the delivery is better you have to give him some slack.

onto it

Ziggy's 'defending' of that header was utterly atrocious
For me, Ziggy just doesn't have the size to be a commanding CB. I think we should should try to find someone experienced and tough to fit that role. Along with that, put Miller beside him to learn the trade. Miller does not have the pace to be a modern era full back, particularly given his desire to stay forward far too often.

turbo

Jair isn't creating anything with his movement though. We can talk about the delivery - but there's nothing to deliver to.
We aren’t even getting close to being able to create with movement. How often do we play the ball through the middle around the box? Practically never. There’s no intricate play in dangerous spaces. It’s the same plan from long range crossing with the odd Milan rocket.

onto it

Tommy oar can leave now. Not sure on Stajs tactics same crap cross the ball and hope. Not one player making runs no one wants to take on players. Why can’t we play forward from the start.
Exactly, no one is making runs. Even in midfield they seem shocked if the ball is not delivered to their flat feet.

onto it

DDS was our only hope of a goal and he is a very frustrating player. Sten's is very wasteful of possession. Our 1st touch is very poor.
We really missed Silvera for the last 30 mins.
Jair and Murray work hard but couldn't score in a brothel with a hundred dollar note.
That was the worst game I have seen Stensness play for us. Typically worked hard but the overall performance was shite.
I would put DDS into the J& M jar.

onto it

Please can we have a winger taking the ball to the line and putting in a low hard cross on the ground with a striker attacking near post?

Oh, silly me I forgot Murray is good in the air therefore everything has to be floated in. :confused:
Maybe we need a few players that can actually pass on the ground, and can calculate where a runner is going to be. Then we need to get some runners.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred