• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 14 V Brisbane Roar

Forum Phoenix

Tommy H did look a little off the pace for his standards for all but about 10 minutes of the half.

It genuinely hurts my poor little soul to type those words.

Tired. Put in, but clearly not as sharp or mobile, which is no surprise, and it really showed in those 2 uncharacteristic stray passes. He couldn’t maintain his intensity after 20 odd minutes. But his positioning and reading of the game still made him an asset.

Mick was saying Melling actually helped him out quite a lot and he was right,

Still by most considerations a decent shift

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

I'm actually pissed off at Simon for that. He's let the team down by getting suspended, especially for the Derby. We need better from the captain, much better.
He's not leading well tonight - not like he did on Wed. Getting too caught up in the stupid shit and not actually leading the team, and the boys really need a leader tonight

He’s tired too, I thought he played well but the referee crucified us and sure Matty fouls others a lot, but it doesn’t mean other players fouls against him don’t count.

Navy and yellow

Melling made some typical Melling passes, but imo he also did a lot of good important work tonight.
Agree, Melling got better as the game went on and in the 2nd half was one of our best. How poor was the officiating tonight?! Sometimes feels like there must be a memo out there to make life as difficult as possible for the Mariners and yet we see teams like Sydney continually get decisions go there way. Very frustrating.

turbo

Melling made some typical Melling passes, but imo he also did a lot of good important work tonight.

He could play a perfect game and there would be people here that still give him shit. There were a few mistakes but he’s been stepping up and delivering better performances and looks a bit more comfortable on the ball for the most part. Not our ideal DM pairing but looking better as a fill in or off the bench option.

Cricko_086

Wasn’t 100% I think I was biased when it was happening but if it was against us I would have been annoyed!

Well even Kos was unsure about it all.

“If it takes the red this long to have a look then it’s not a obvious and clear mistake” - something like that anyway.

Big Al

Has anyone seen the handball on tv at the game yes it looked handball just want to know if it definitely was
Looked chest to me. Definitely inconclusive on replay and couldn’t and shouldn’t have been over turned. No need for the time spent on it. Typical hard to tell as the ball moves to fast for a camera so far away

NoDiggity

I left the game feeling upbeat and positive about the team. It’s usually us that crumble & do all the defending in the last 30 but we really stuck it to them. Positive signs for the mariners

Insertnamehere

He could play a perfect game and there would be people here that still give him shit. There were a few mistakes but he’s been stepping up and delivering better performances and looks a bit more comfortable on the ball for the most part. Not our ideal DM pairing but looking better as a fill in or off the bench option.
He looks more and more like he wants to be the ass kicker that Monty was.

pjennings

I'm actually pissed off at Simon for that. He's let the team down by getting suspended, especially for the Derby. We need better from the captain, much better.
He's not leading well tonight - not like he did on Wed. Getting too caught up in the stupid shit and not actually leading the team, and the boys really need a leader tonight

He stretched and slipped and took out the Roar player. Accidental and no harm done but could easily be seen as careless.

style_cafe

Sad fact is that tonight, we showed how unfit we are.
I thought we showed tonight that we had certainly picked up our fitness over the past month.
The warm up we certainly better this game and apart from about 15-20mins in the first half we were on top of them.
The second half was all Mariner`s, we just couldn`t convert it to goals

Forum Phoenix

Last week we had players on the posts for corners...this week we didn't and it cost us 2pts. Can someone explain the logic please!!

Not that I agree with it, but probably a decision based on what they studied of roars approach to set pieces and they wanted to have more bodies available to handle the height of roars backline...

The bigger question is why we don’t have a keeper that ever comes and claims any balls crossed into his 6 yard box.

Kennedy was not blocked. He doesn’t even anticipate coming for the ball. It’s unbelievably poor for this level.

Any other keeper in the HAL and they likely do not get that goal.

Last edited:

Wombat

Kennedy 5.5. He is so Lucky we have Pearce as an understudy
Rowles 7. Some really good stuff but some really dumb and dangerous stuff as well.
O'Neill 8. Impressive display. Occasionally a bit sketchy but stays cool.
Tommy H. 6. Still looks our most classy player but not at his best tonight.
McGing 6. Usual defensive cluelessness when defending a corner but overall ok. Melling saved his blushes in the 2nd half.
Millar 7. Great goal and should have had a second.
Shadow 6. Poor first half but improved. Shows good potential.
Melling 7.5 Some great stuff mixed it with the usual rubbish he serves up. His best game for us.
Pain 7. Pretty good.
Murray 5.5. Average.
Simon 7. Some really classy moments at times mixed in style some brain farts.

O'Neill 3pts
Melling 2pts
Millar and Pain 1pt.

Antlion

Not that I agree with it, but probably a decision based on what they studied of roars approach to set pieces and they wanted to have more bodies available to handle the height of roars backline...

The bigger question is why we don’t have a keeper that ever comes and claim any balls crossed into his 6 yard box.

Kennedy was not blocked. He doesn’t even anticipate coming for the ball. It’s unbelievably poor for this level.

Any other keeper in the HAL and they likely do not get that goal.
I would like to agree with this three or four times. Seriously, Kennedy looks nervous most of the time and if he ever does comes off his line he punches. He costs us games continuously

Forum Phoenix

I thought Oneil and Rowles did great tonight. Pain and Murray were both good also. Murray is growing and deserves a renewal now - this can be conducted why we’re busy throwing bank at Millars new 3 year contract.

Shabow improved in the last 15 before he came off and had some great moments, but thought his first half was poor. Hoole was poor off the bench.

Bottom line, that was a game we really needed a fresh legged hungry striker coming off the bench to help us win.

Weemac and Hoole could not do it. Feel like Kekeris and Gameiro could/would serve us better going forward. And if Gameiro is never going to play, its a strong argument for the extra striker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami