• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 14 V Brisbane Roar

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well, we got a point out of that refereed abortion of a footballing contest...I hope all four of the registered officials get dropped next week or fired for wage theft , either will do me
I guess MM is saving Aspro for the scummers, at least I hope so , Mr Millars goal was a bit good huh.?...he should of doubled it inside ten mins...smart move by the Brissy coach to surround him with 3 blokes, sort of slowed his normal game
Captain Coastie was more interested in doing a jumbo jet impression last night ( a loud whining noise) instead of worrying about his game, and thus he misses the scummers game ( although he probably would of got a red there anyway)
Melling sort of improved, Shabow had his moments , still think ONeill should be down in the with Tommy #AllHailHiareijism
Fkn Hoole came on and did his usual oxygen theif moves...WeeMac had a moment or two (just) ...still can’t figure out why J Muzz is being played were he is , maybe Mulvey should swap him and Simon around....Kye had some good moments as well...Fark moi , if we somehow managed to link all these moments we should be winning more than we lose....
Finally ...I think Kekeris and Nisbet need to get blooded soonish or were gonna lose them like we did Trent and Lochy.( although I don’t miss Trent that much to be fair) ...and we’re the hell is Josh from the Gong?....and our fitness coach is a wage theif too

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Our lack of fitness is a real problem, especially with this "summer of football" bullshit. Really hope this is looked at next season. Season 1 Lawrie made a point of making us the fittest team in the comp - and fitness is a good way for a team that isn't as good on paper to find an advantage. Narrows the gap with more skilled and experienced players. But i guess that's another area where clubs with more money to spend on fitness are finding advantages..

Antlion

One positive worth mentioning - I think - is that if Roar had had anyone other than Young in goals last night, we won that game fairly comfortably I think.
If we had had anyone other than BK on goals last night, we probably still won the game... Not sure the last bit is that positive but hey...
heh, i was thinking during the game that I wish we could swap keepers with the roar

Tevor

Found a sports bar in Phuket to watch this one, felt like it was karma. First round they dominated us and we jagged a draw, reverse for this game and they jagged a draw. Will try and watch the Scummer game as well on Wednesday, Chang goes down well whilst watching a game with some Thai chicken wings.

Rowdy

..still can’t figure out why J Muzz is being played were he is , maybe Mulvey should swap him and Simon around

Said the exact thing last game & at the game last nite ;)

Simo has been holding up the ball really well all season, even better when the passes fall to his feet or ground in front of him whilst his back is to goal.

Wriggles out, finds half a yard a lot but struggles to get it to Muzza who's generally too wide of him or if IS in front the angle's not right.

If Mulvey can put Muzza up top and play Matty in behind him, Simo plays back or side to nearest MF'r who then puts thru nice balls to Muzza who's making the third man run.

I think we'd have a but more success in the front third if we incorporated this.

Rowdy

....... and playing Simo deeper STOPS his fcuk'n continual 'off-sides', which is becoming a joke.

SOLVED !

FFC Mariner

Its ok Simmo is out for Wednesday so Muzza gets to step up. Hopefully Oar is back from his long weekend in Brissie and will play

Rowdy

Its ok Simmo is out for Wednesday so Muzza gets to step up. Hopefully Oar is back from his long weekend in Brissie and will play
I'm talking long-term, for when Simo returns.

Better have your Dr certificate at Newy to explain your missing last nite :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred