• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 10 South Gosford FC V Central Coast Mariners

Forum Phoenix

I would like to see Rowles stay at centre back. He has been our most consistent defender and putting him out wide will erode the defensive strength even more.

I wouldn’t mind seeing what Stensness could do at left back. He obviously has a motor and would be able to get up and down the line.

Birraz
Miller Ziggy Rowles Stensness
GG Kim
DDS/Silvera Djuric Oar
Jair

Great thought. And I agree on Rowles just that i can’t take Clisby again and doesn’t look like we’re going to see Hatch anytime soon does it.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well, fark moi, since it’s off pension week and the bus prices are mildly ridiculous, I’m watching us slap the smurfs on kayo ....fingers entangled

soccer mad

Hard to predict based our last performances Roar were pretty ordinary last week but Wellington really pushed the smurfs in thier encounter.

priorpeter

Well, fark moi, since it’s off pension week and the bus prices are mildly ridiculous, I’m watching us slap the smurfs on kayo ....fingers entangled

Bus prices aren’t too bad to be fair.
A ticket through Ticketek is $33.
Return bus travel with a ticket is $47.
Though I understand it’s not everyone’s cup of tea (even tougher on a pension!)
*** I agree tickets should be cheaper overall but that’s a whole other kettle of fish***

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Bus prices aren’t that bad to be fair.
Seems pretty reasonable to me, though I understand it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.
*** I agree tickets should be cheaper overall but that’s a whole other kettle of fish***
hey id go if it was next friday....although just maybe i should have saved up

midfielder

Bus prices aren’t that bad to be fair.
Seems pretty reasonable to me, though I understand it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

Do you have a link or phone number to book ... have never travelled with the mob before ... but at $ 47.00 say $ 100 for two thats not a bad evening out.... assume we leave a little early and have dinner at the St George leagues club???

true believer

Im away this sunday .
Temped to record it and watch it blind on the wednesday .
Gee they looked smoking hot against the roar. We gotta be careful.you could easily cop 2 reds against these guys .
If gg gets one i sub him in an instant .

In staj we trust

scottmac

Suspended
Will this game even go ahead work how much smoke is in the air? Does it look like it's clearing? f**ken poor buggers down there.

marinermick

Im away this sunday .
Temped to record it and watch it blind on the wednesday .
Gee they looked smoking hot against the roar. We gotta be careful.you could easily cop 2 reds against these guys .
If gg gets one i sub him in an instant .

In staj we trust

Game Saturday

marinermick

Anyone want to make a stab on what they guess the starting eleven will be? Not what they think the starting eleven should be but what they think Staj will do.

Fadetoblack944

Anyone want to make a stab on what they guess the starting eleven will be? Not what they think the starting eleven should be but what they think Staj will do.
Jair has to start i think he will throw him in, kim and GG in the dms with duric AM oar and DDS on the wings. Rowles and Fox with miller and gordon in the backs.

Last edited:

turbo

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/gameday-squad-staj-names-his-team-mariners-return-action

Squad |

1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ian Zygmunt GORDON, 3.Jack CLISBY, 4. Eunsun KIM, 6.Giancarlo GALLIFUOCO, 7. Milan ÐURIĆ, 8. Mikey MCGLINCHEY, 10.Thomas OAR, 11. Daniel DESILVA, 12.Adam PEARCE (gk), 15. Kye ROWLES, 16. Dylan FOX, 17.Samuel SILVERA, 18. Gianni STENSNESS, 19. Matthew SIMON, 21. Ruon TONGYIK, 26.Joshua NISBET, 27. Lewis MILLER, 29. Jair BRITTO, 30. Dylan RUIZ-DIAZ **2-4 to be omitted**

INS: 8. Mikey MCGLINCHEY (Promoted), 16. Dylan FOX (Promoted), 21. Ruon TONGYIK (Promoted), 29. Jair BRITTO (Return from Injury), 30. Dylan RUIZ-DIAZ (Promoted)

OUTS: 9. Jordan MURRAY (Concussion)

Unavailable: 9. Jordan Murray (Concussion)

turbo

Muzz out means Jair has to start IMO. If not then we need to consider pushing SS up front. We can't start Matty he just isnt explosive enough to take chances against a well set up team like Sydney.
Lots of formation options and player combos possible here. For something outside the box maybe a 4-2-2-2 like Sydney play to ensure there's depth in our structure.

------------------Birighitti-------------------
Miller ------ Ziggy --- GG------ Rowles
----------Kim----------Stensness---------
---------DDS----------Duric----------------
-----------SS-----------Oar------------------

Options for Fox and pushing Ziggy out right and managing our bench options but we need to put a strong squad out for the bulk of the game. Not a lot of sense holding Silvera back and putting him in the front two means we expect less from him off the ball. We might want GG or Stensness on the bench for keeping the midfield energy up later. Nisbet should be able to step in to either row as well if someone runs out of steam.
I've gone Rowles out left to try to contain Grant, can't see Clisby being able to get forward as much in this one and Rowles has it over him defensively.

Big Al

Will this game even go ahead work how much smoke is in the air? Does it look like it's clearing? f**ken poor buggers down there.
It’s actually worse on the coast the major fires arw closer to hear (not that far away)

Westerly winds are the ones smoking everyone out pushing it from the west to the coast.

Northerly turning easterly winds should make be fine. Although it is supposed to heat up on Saturday.

Earlier in the week in was getting inside buildings now it’s overcast and no dramas.

Wind direction is key but I think the game will go ahead.

If they can play cricket at SCG the other day in blinding smoke i see no reason for anyone to complain

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred