• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R8: CCM v Perth @ Gosford

Luca Brasi

There are some generous souls on this forum, after watching numerous replays I still cant see how it wasnt a penalty, it would have been a free kick anywhere else on the pitch.Trent has control of the ball, he is between the defender and the ball, he lines it up for his right foot to shoot and the defender makes a careless charge into him with no contact on the ball. If it was a CCM defender making that challenge I would have expected a penalty against us no problem.
Just before half time Pain had a decent shout for a penalty also, in control of the ball, careless contact by the defender which trips him up. The ref actually thought the defender got the ball however but in the reply you can see it was a touch from Pain.
Didnt make any difference to the result and I am happier seeing goals from open play, hopefully we get some favourable decisions our way later in the season.
Set pieces slowing improving, good to see some variation even if they didnt come off.
Loss of Risdon really threw out the balance of their back 4, Williams became a liability.

shipwreck

There are some generous souls on this forum, after watching numerous replays I still cant see how it wasnt a penalty, it would have been a free kick anywhere else on the pitch.Trent has control of the ball, he is between the defender and the ball, he lines it up for his right foot to shoot and the defender makes a careless charge into him with no contact on the ball. If it was a CCM defender making that challenge I would have expected a penalty against us no problem.
Just before half time Pain had a decent shout for a penalty also, in control of the ball, careless contact by the defender which trips him up. The ref actually thought the defender got the ball however but in the reply you can see it was a touch from Pain.
Didnt make any difference to the result and I am happier seeing goals from open play, hopefully we get some favourable decisions our way later in the season.
Set pieces slowing improving, good to see some variation even if they didnt come off.
Loss of Risdon really threw out the balance of their back 4, Williams became a liability.
I completely agree.

true believer

You've been warned more than enough times.

It's not acceptable from a twelve year old boy, why should it be acceptable from a grown man?

Learn some new words or stop posting.
We are different era people .
I still cant help telling "shit lips donald slurs" in my day i was probably more socially advanced . as im a moratorium era child .
I knew what "portnoys conplaint" was about
20 years before most of you were born

i have beloved gay nice and nephew .
its no excuse but old habits died hard.
This ,you should relise is throw back
Australia culture .is has both good and bad reasons for it disappearing .

just remember its alot easier standing up for the christens when your not being burnt
At the stake for it .
cheers

Last edited:

true believer

Does anyone have any idea why the atmosphere was so good last night. It felt like the place was buzzing right from the get go and I'm not sure why. It helps that the footy was good, the beer queues were short and bay 6 made a lot of noise but there just seemed like there was something extra that i can't quite put my finger on.
It was a carry over from the scum game and with no lad thursday . those fat yaks were awfully good

Last edited:

bikinigirl

There was plenty of buy in from the rest of the crowd. The mega was/is definitely not needed for the amount of people we have. I'm sure Pete will want to use it whenever he can to save his voice but no mega had no difference on Thursday. If anything it forced those in the bay to be louder and not rely on Pete to make noise on his own yelling into the mega which in turn made the entire atmosphere better.

That mega is *way* too big of you ask me anyway. How is he meant to drink beer and use it when he needs two hands to hold it? A simple handheld one would do the trick.

Also should be noted there was no mega last week and look how good that was :overheadl:

. I am a little confused by your first paragraph - just to be clear - when I talk about 'the rest' I don't mean bay 16 ... and in that regard there was not 'a lot' of buy-in from the eastern stand where I sit - mostly I was just singing along myself. Completely different to an away game as the less-active support is so dispersed at home

. sorry if the mega mega is 'too big' ... all we did was buy pete the model that he asked for ... maybe those in the bay can buy him a beer hat if drinking is that important

. so I still think it was a missed opportunity to really push up the level of activation across the whole stadium

style_cafe

Didn't feel id need it to be honest. Made do without it but jeez I won't be making a habit of not bringing it that's for sure. Shredded throat.

Worth it though. What a night.
You`ve been pretty damn awesome the last 2 weeks mate...show`s what was lacking the first game ...:popcorn:

Forum Phoenix

Thread getting off topic. Hate to see it derail. This win deserves all the focus it can get. Time to ride some positive vibes for a change.

Watched the replay. Man that was fun.

So many improvements. But the 3 biggest things for mine were the way we pressed - which is the best I think we probably ever have - certainly since early Lawrie.

How much more spatially aware we are - both in defence and attack... which leads to third... our movement.

Best it's been since Arnies peak period.

Rostyn at the end was a bit befuddled as to how we were so dominant - the truth is our movemnent was just so superior.

Lot of players I'd be happy giving 3 points too - but Pain gave them absolute hell down that side for 90 minutes - tore them apart and paired with Trent forced Glory into their shell and brought the crowd into the game as well.

Okon certainly deserves 30 points. Not a typo. He is transforming this side - and Taveres is probably the most complete footballer we've had since Dutchy, with Roy the best striker we've ever had barring only Mori who was past his prime.

Last edited:

Wombat

We are different era people .
I still cant help telling "shit lips donald slurs" in my day i was probably more scoially advanced . im a moratorium era child .
I knew what "portnoys conplaint" was about
20 year before most of you were born

i have beloved gay nices and nephews .
its no excuse but old habit died hard.
This ,you should relise is throw back
Australia culture .is has both good and bad reasons for it disappearing .

just remember its alot easier standing up for the christens when your not being burnt
At the stake for it .
cheers

Thanks TB.
I didnt understand alot of it but i think you were explaining that my course typing is a throw back to the knock about Aussie days.
Certainly I mean no offence to any gay people. Rather I used it in the same way as you might call someone an idiot or more crudely a spastic. Clearly equally offensive to some.
I will try and be less old school and more politically correct when typing in a public forum.
Is Nonce ok when talking about Harper?

Ancient Mariner

Thread getting off topic. Hate to see it derail. This win deserves all the focus it can get. Time to ride sone positive vibes for a change.

So many improvements. But the 3 biggest things for mine were the way we pressed - which is the best I think we probably ever have - certainly since early Lawrie.

How much more spatially aware we are - both in defence and attack... which leads to third... our movement.

Best it's been since Arnies peak period.

Rostyn at the end was a bit befuddled as to how we were so dominant - the truth is our movemnent was just so superior.

Lot of players I'd be happy giving 3 points too - but Pain gave them absolute hell down that side for 90 minutes - tore them apart and paired with Trent forced Glory into their shell and brought the crowd into the game as well.

Okon certainly deserves 30 points. Not a typo. He is transforming this side - and Taveres is probably the most complete footballer we've had since Dutchy, with Roy the best striker we've ever had barring only Mori who was past his prime.

Tavares and Roy along with Monty are the true professionals in the club. A great core to build around.

Atomic

Hell Yes! :overheadl:

One problem is that we have absolutely no aerial presence in midfield. :headbounce:

Roy the best striker we've ever had barring only Mori who was past his prime.

I've been thinking about this a lot. I'm prepared to call it... ROY is the BEST striker we have ever had! :pirashoot:

style_cafe

There was plenty of buy in from the rest of the crowd. The mega was/is definitely not needed for the amount of people we have. I'm sure Pete will want to use it whenever he can to save his voice but no mega had no difference on Thursday. If anything it forced those in the bay to be louder and not rely on Pete to make noise on his own yelling into the mega which in turn made the entire atmosphere better.

That mega is *way* too big of you ask me anyway. How is he meant to drink beer and use it when he needs two hands to hold it? A simple handheld one would do the trick.

Also should be noted there was no mega last week and look how good that was :overheadl:

Maybe people could pour beer down the big end for him....:popcorn:

style_cafe

I have to say I was thoroughly impressed with Thursdays game.
It`s amazing to watch the evolution of this side under Okon. (Canberra withstanding)

Players like McGing & Izzo, who were ordinary last year, are starting to bloom.
Stormy, who was going backwards under Mossy & TW, is now almost back to his best.
Monty has held the whole team together & although he hasn`t been his outstanding best play wise, he has been the consummate professional & captain & has steered the younger ones out of the gloom of the past few years.
Tavares, who for mine was the MOM, was outstanding & just made everything look so easy.
Pain & Galloway looked like they`d played together all there lives & young Budgie, bloody hell he`s quick!

Then Ascroft in his first game back looked so much more composed on the ball & dominant in the air.
TBH I thought Fab looked like he was struggling to keep up with them all.

It was a great night to be a Mariner that`s for sure.
Bay 16 was back to their loudest, the band blended well, Okon showed so much passion on the sideline & nearly 5,300 people turned out for an 8 o`clock kickoff on a Thursday night.
Football is gradually taking over this country finally!!!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Thanks TB.
I didnt understand alot of it but i think you were explaining that my course typing is a throw back to the knock about Aussie days.
Certainly I mean no offence to any gay people. Rather I used it in the same way as you might call someone an idiot or more crudely a spastic. Clearly equally offensive to some.
I will try and be less old school and more politically correct when typing in a public forum.
Is Nonce ok when talking about Harper?
thats putting shit on Nonce's i reckon

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred