• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R8: CCM v Perth @ Gosford

FFC Mariner

50/50 calls at best. The sort that a team at the lower end of the table never gets.

Best 2 games for atmosphere and crowd involvement for at least 2 years. Those who chose to stay away got it all wrong.

nebakke

Re the penalty shouts, just because our player falls over doesn't mean it's a foul. Unlike recent games, I didn't see us denied sny penalties.

On review of the replay, I don't disagree about the one on Trent - shoulder to should, just one of those things... As I recall though, the other one seemed to me to potentially have been justified, wasn't there a clip of the heel?

I think the thing that frustrates me, and probably everyone else, is more that they did sit fairly well within the 50/50 category in terms of what might have been called, and it feels like that category has become more like 10/90 lately... We got away cheap on a couple of occasions last weekend, and I'm not saying that there's some sort of grand conspiracy against us. It's just that those "maybe" category ones don't seem to get called for us much and it's not because the refs have suddenly stopped calling them altogether... THAT is frustrating.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

First penalty wasn't even a hint of a foul. we should have had one not long after for a push in the back though.
The offside was spot on.
We get plenty of maybe calls in our favour - just that nobody on this side of the fence cares about those . plenty of wrong ones too ( not forgetting the one missed pen per match first 4 rounds)

true believer

Re the penalty shouts, just because our player falls over doesn't mean it's a foul. Unlike recent games, I didn't see us denied sny penalties.

i can't agree .a similar foul was given earlier
In the game for a slice of cheese . the ref froze when a penalty was called for .
if we did that against MC there would have been two pens and a man down.
Against us

dibo

That was actually Izzo's first 90-minute clean sheet in the A-League. He kept for an hour in Adelaide's 7-0 drubbing of the scum in January 2015, but Gombau took the opportunity when 5-0 up at the hour mark to swap in John Hall for his A-League debut.

In every other game, the poor bloke's conceded at least one.

With the look of our side now, I think the second clean sheet might come sooner rather than later!

nebakke

First penalty wasn't even a hint of a foul. we should have had one not long after for a push in the back though.
The offside was spot on.
We get plenty of maybe calls in our favour - just that nobody on this side of the fence cares about those . plenty of wrong ones too ( not forgetting the one missed pen per match first 4 rounds)

I think you misunderstand... I'm not saying the calls were incorrect... I'm saying they're the kind of calls that often fall in the 50/50 bucket re whether the ref calls them or not (not that it's 50/50 whether they should be called)... I know it can seem like a silly point at first, but it's a large part of what makes up the ole "rub o' the green"... I don't doubt that you're right about the general 50/50 calls, that doesn't really impact the perception though.. What does is the number of uncalled hand-balls and missed pens that we've seen.

I'm not trying to say that it's fair or reasonable... I'm saying that it impacts the perceptions of the crowds.

greenlig

I think this was one of my favourite moments of the game (excuse the potato gif)
75bf4eb5ef.gif

That almost looks like confidence!

finally retired

I'm as one-eyed as anyone, but I have to agree with ballantyne......they were not "dead-set" penalties. another ref may have called them, but I didn't see anything wrong in the decision made. Now...... if we'd lost, my thinking might have been different ;)

Atomic

I think this was one of my favourite moments of the game (excuse the potato gif)
75bf4eb5ef.gif

That almost looks like confidence!
So many positive things to talk about after last night's game. I remember that moment... I love the body language of the Perth guy... he knows he's been made to look a fool.

It makes me think of a couple of times towards the end of the game when possession was crutial... Taveres showed so much composure on the ball, a swivel of the hips and he was away from the Perth defenders with such ease and grace. It was beautiful to watch.

greenlig

Taveres showed so much composure on the ball, a swivel of the hips and he was away from the Perth defenders with such ease and grace. It was beautiful to watch.

He did that the entire game, only got caught once iirc. He never seems rushed on the ball, and makes those little movements at just the right time. You're right, it's a beauty to watch.

FFC Mariner

We just need to be a bit braver about that pass over the top for the 2 wide guys.

Perth were in all sorts of trouble when the ball was played on behind and we drew 3 yellows in the 1st half from it. A red was surely coming if we kept plugging away.

Good signs

Big Al

That was berry berry good. Should have scored more.

Berry was excellent some beautiful suttle touches and his positioning was so much better than Powell's has been. He was available for a lot of passes that weren't made.

I'd like to see that midfield combo some more as Monty was also back to his usual self breaking up play all over the place

Pain was excellent.

Trent was great in 1st half but so so in 2nd. Should have gone to Fab earlier IMO

I cheered for Izzo and he deserved it and I didn't feel dirty.

Galloway is just a must have each week. He absolutely shits all over Neill. He is the one who is effecting the stability the most. We gave up so many goals last year through Roux and Neill being all over the place and not covering back stick etc. The CB's seem to show they don't need to panic and worry about them anymore. Although stop slide tackling, Roux got his right today but last week he slide right past his attacker and Galloway did the same late. Stay on your feet when the attack is on the side of the 18yr box as they are just faking them out and cutting inside.

We moved the ball quicker and with confidence.

Playing at night meant the players didn't have to worry about the heat and the sound of the crowd carried a lot better

localpom

Great game....was awesome to see so many happy faces after the game for a change. Keep in mind we had Posco, Faty and Liam Rose out who when fit would have been probable starters. Fab and Powell also on the bench. Ascroft has taken his chance i think, he scores an awful lot of goals for a young defender.

localpom

Budgie got stuck in.
Galloway is such a good pick up. He is better defensively than Micky but links up so well with Pain. His anticipation is better as well.
MgGing and Harry were great, especially Harry and Storm is starting to do his job and even pulled of 2 brilliant tackles. Still prone to losing his man a bit and one dreadful pass to know one but he looked like a starting 11 player and a good one.
Storms 2 tackles were sublime. Sainsbury like.

Big Al

Finally we don't just have 11 good players but options every where and a few that looked horrible under TW and were dead set certainties to be cut when Paul gets to choose. Maybe some of those survive now as with good coaching they are showing they can handle it

Big Al

The offside was spot on.
Capn can you explain why no penalty from a technical point of view.
I don't disagree as seem to hit hit each other but live looked dead set certainty but that's from the side.
Neither seems to change line and both hit each other, but defender makes no play on the ball and takes out the attacker in the box in a goal scoring position.

Are you saying the contact is Trents fault?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred