• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R8 away @ Nix

Pirate Pete

SMS fr/ CCM Sarting XI:

You've typo'd there PP, should have been:

"Unfortunately, Jacob Melling misses out due to 'our' illness."

..... because we are 'sick & fcukn tired' of him. :p
Yeah after I posted that I should have added Mariners Twitters words, not mine.

Rowdy

Heavy rain, lightning & thunder currently hitting Gosford.

....... the beginning of Armageddon will kick-off er, I mean .. 'begin' in approx 30 mins.
:innocent:

Michael

Finally we could be given an old school simple 442 by the looks of that line up!

Praise the footy gods.
Keeping player roles as simple as possible, I think, will get us out of this mess.

For example; McGing = purely defensive FB will Millar staying wide and charging in RM.
Clisby overlapping pain who always likes to take on a man and cut inside.

Big man and small man combo up top, added bonus that the small man can get up for headers.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Krishna came off with a niggle against sfc. Any chance he won’t play / be on the bench (clutching at positive straws here)

Sure. There's also a chance that I'll win the lottery, buy the club from MC an
DubrdphV4AABfUV.jpg
Man ... We're fielding an npl squad ...

Rowdy

With that starting XI, I reckon we'd fare better against the Nix playing a 4-4-2 diamond :

------------------------ Pearce -------------------

--- Millar ---- Cisse --- Rowles ---- Clisby

------------------------ McGing ----------------

------------- O'Neil --------------- Pain ----

---------------------- McGlinchey -------------

------------- Murray --------- Simon --------

Rowdy

However, my gut tells me Mulvey wont be 'brave enough' to move McGing into the DM at the bottom of a diamond.

He'll be 'too afraid' to move Millar out of the wideright midfield/wing-back role that he's been tearing up.

"Grow a pair Mike !"
- just play Millar at RB and instruct him to:
" keep doing what you have been doing ! "

Last edited:

JoyfulPenguin

Come on boys let's do this! This is Murray's opportunity and hopefully he is up to it. I would say this would have to be close to Pearce's last opportunity as well. Players are starting to have to play for the futures, if we don't fight hard today I don't know if we ever will.

Wombat

However, my gut tells me Mulvey wont be 'brave enough' to move McGing into the DM at the bottom of a diamond.

He'll be 'too afraid' to move Millar out of the wideright midfield/wing-back role that he's been tearing up.

"Grow a pair Mike !"

But dont forget your defensive duties! Especially if we switch to 442.

Big Al

"Grow a pair Mike !"
McGing can be no where the middle of the field ever. DM or CM. He is way more incompetent than Melling.

Defensive RB is his only exceptable position

Rowdy

Mulvey didnt fly the team over
........ they took the bus !

5 - 4 - 1 :
-------------------- Pearce ----------------------
Millar McGing Cisse Rowles Clisby
Murray McGlinchey O'Neil Pain
-------------------- Simon -----------------------

Ozhammer

OH did you think training looked amateurish in any way shape or form?
With no parallel to draw from, I am reluctant to make too many damning statements about what I saw but can make the following comments:

A) IMO, there was a general lack of intensity during the session, although I was told this was a light session after two hard days prior.

B) There were several players absent with the national team (Rowles, Shabow & O’Neil), which would have made it difficult to work on tactical stuff, given that two of them would be starting players.

C) The closing part of the session related to tactical preparation for the Nix game but to my eyes it was pretty obvious stuff relating to playing out from the back and defending corners. Tbh, it was pretty basic stuff, which any self-respecting professional shouldn’t need to have drummed into them.

Like I say, I’m not prepared to throw anyone under the bus based on what I saw but will look to attend some further sessions over the coming weeks, in order to form a more rounded opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred