• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R6 v Sydney @ home

midfielder

Just woke up from a snooze and the replay is on. Woke just in time to see ONeil’s goal.

Melling and Pain are equally to blame imo.

The ball was in front of the cove and McGlinchy i am pretty sure it was had the ball holder and SFC player made a run into the the space just behind McGlinchy and Melling covers the run. Good defending. McGing is very central but does have a player. Every one is matched up with a player except Pain who is hoping to break but was a fair way from ONeill, however as everyone has a man he needs to come back and cover the space. He doesn’t until it’s to late.

Melling stays with the attacker he tracked but pulls off him a bit. He is to slow to see ONeil has the open space and by the time he reacts its to late.

For me primary blame is with Pain. He whinges at others to cover his error.
Secondry blame is with Melling for being to slow to see the problem and react.

The person with the ball is the most dangerous and needs to be taken care of first
That's how I saw it but Melling IMO was closer and the more to blame.

Ancient Mariner

We should have won tonight stupid Var gave Sydney fc
penalty should not have be
Counting The goal ok Ben Kennedy should have catch ball more better agolec is play shit now for us he should be on bech let Jordan Murray play and josh McDonald’s Ross has to slow he penalty more not
Rush Then when he play for Melbourne city he got them in that why we brought him for penalty kick he not do it from Stephen

I think we have to keep Golec because he has the speed back there that others don't. I like to think he will come good when he regains some confidence.

Agree about Ross we have to find a way to fit in with his abilities in return for his clear skill with penalties and free kicks around the box.

Wombat

Just woke up from a snooze and the replay is on. Woke just in time to see ONeil’s goal.

The ball was in front of the cove and McGlinchy i am pretty sure it was had the ball holder and SFC player made a run into the the space just behind McGlinchy and Melling covers the run. Good defending. McGing is very central but does have a player. Every one is matched up with a player except Pain who is hoping to break but was a fair way from ONeill, however as everyone has a man he needs to come back and cover the space. He doesn’t until it’s to late.

Melling stays with the attacker he tracked but pulls off him a bit. He is to slow to see ONeil has the open space and by the time he reacts its to late.

The person with the ball is the most dangerous and needs to be taken care of first

Agree but Melling's reaction was criminal. Get your f**king body behind the ball son. and close them down. I wouldnt except that from a 10yo player.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think we have to keep Golec because he has the speed back there that others don't. I like to think he will come good when he regains some confidence.

Agree about Ross we have to find a way to fit in with his abilities in return for his clear skill with penalties and free kicks around the box.
Golec has always been a sieve. A worrying proportion of last season's goals occurred because he was checking out the girls on the front 2 rows (presumably) rather than paying attention to the opponents. He'll be good most of the game, but completely fall asleep at critical moments and let goals in.

Haven't seen Ross demonstrate this famed 'free kick skill' yet.

Forum Phoenix

Agree it won’t. But don’t see how it makes it harder to swallow than a loss with no individual quality performances?

turbo

but it wont get us off the bottom of the league

With the performance the nix put in against Perth and still drawing with 10 men we can't rely on someone being worse we need to be better. The next three games v WSW, the nix and jets - the 3 sides immediately above us - are going to be crucial. If we don't do well we're going to cement our place at the bottom.

Edit: Unfortunately all of those sides are going to be seeing their game with us as an important step to gathering some momentum as well so we will really need to work for it. We need to win by 2 if we want to get out of 10th this weekend.

Last edited:

Ozhammer

Did anyone happen to notice if our warm up under the new strength and conditioning guy was any better this week?

Last edited:

Ozhammer

Rowles isn’t marking a player and if he was, the whole backline could have moved one opponent to the right and Melling would have been free to perform his primary role in front of the defence, so there was a collective lapse of concentration and it wasn’t all on Melling to be fair.

BUT it is the DM’s job to screen the back line not to drop into it and cause confusion as to who is marking who, so he needs to own that part of the error.

marinermick

I
Rowles isn’t marking a player and if he was, the whole backline could have moved one opponent to the right and Melling would have been free to perform his primary role in front of the defence, so there was a collective lapse of concentration and it wasn’t all on Melling to be fair.

BUT it is the DM’s job to screen the back line not to drop into it and cause confusion as to who is marking who, so he needs to own that part of the error.

If you are playing a backline of three then often the DM has to drop into the backline. Weakness of the system but you would rather a player ping from forty yards instead of ten. This time the f**ker got it though.

Big Al

Rowles did have a man. McGing had compressed a fair way into the middle but McGings man was closer to Melling at one point. That was more McGing holding his position in the middle than moving over to what I considered his side as he was the RCB

Rowles was also the left CB of the three so the issue was the otherside.

That’s my reading of it

Wombat

Spot on. They are very disorganised but i guess its most of the teams 1st season together.

BaysideMariner

Did anyone happen to notice if our warm up under the new strength and conditioning guy was any better this week?
I watched the warm up and the team seemed like beginners in their first class trying to follow the leader. They were all watching closely. He seemed in control and it seemed intense. I havent watched before so I cannot comment on previous times.

Insertnamehere

I was concerned about the professionalism of the league when reading a fox article about Popas prep at perf, in that double daily sessions, a nutritionist and yoga were considered cutting edge. IMO bog standard for an elite athletic program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred