• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R6 v Sydney @ home

Timmah

Saturday 5:35pm, Central Coast Stadium

Referee: Daniel Elder
Assistant Referees: Andrej Giev & Greg Taylor
Fourth Official: Kurt Ams
VAR: Jarred Gillett

j0_111396_0.png

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 3.Jack CLISBY, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Michael McGLINCHEY, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Adam PEARCE (gk), 13.Aiden O’NEILL, 15.Kye ROWLES, 16.Josh MACDONALD, 17.Peter KEKERIS, 18.Matt MILLAR, 19.Matt SIMON (c), 22.Jacob MELLING, 23.Mario SHABOW, 44.Ross McCORMACK
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 6.Tom HIARIEJ (promoted), 16.Josh MACDONALD (promoted), 17.Peter KEKERIS (promoted), 23.Mario SHABOW (promoted)
Outs: 20.Kalifa CISSE (suspended), 25.Jordan MURRAY (ankle)
Unavailable: 2.Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITIS (ACL), 10.Tommy OAR (knee), 21.Corey GAMEIRO (calf)

j1_111400_0.png

Sydney FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 2.Aaron CALVER, 4.Alex WILKINSON, 5.Jop van der LINDEN, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Michael ZULLO, 8.Paulo RETRE, 9.Adam LE FONDRE, 10.Milos NINKOVIC, 13.Brandon O’NEILL, 14.Alex BROSQUE (c), 18. Jacob TRATT, 20.Alex CISAK (gk), 21.Charles LOKOLI-NGOY, 23.Rhyan GRANT, 24.Cam DEVLIN, 25.Joel KING, 31. Luke IVANOVIC.

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 18. Jacob TRATT (promoted), 25.Joel KING (promoted), 31. Luke IVANOVIC (promoted)

Outs: 11.Daniel DE SILVA (unavailable – due to loan agreement)

Unavailable: 3.Ben WARLAND (foot – 4 weeks), 12.Trent BUHAGIAR (ACL – indefinite), 19. Chris ZUVELA (knee – indefinite), 22.Siem DE JONG (2 weeks - hamstring)

______

Going to be very interesting on what is effectively a 5-day turnaround after the trip west, against a Sydney side that seems a little underperforming.

From our perspective it's whether the lads recoup quickly from the heartbreak of last night and use it to fire up on Saturday, or if it's shaken the belief.

Oh, and our defence will be without Cisse. Ouch.

Last edited:

Tevor

I’ll be there but weary of the wounded. The amount of possession we willingly turn over will mean we have next to no chance. They are below par compared to other years but are well structured and good on the counter. ALF is fast and a poacher and without Cisse he may have a field day. Realistically I don’t think we have a chance of a win until we play the Drive Byes or the Nux. Negative I know but this isn’t the positive thread.

Michael

Keep the same formation and have a go. Like we did yesterday. Another week of refining this shape should do us well.

McGing to replace Cisse and I pray our lord and saviour is back from his “injury” to piss Melling off. He may have shown great hunger, but no one can deny he is a liability with his passing and his tackling. Was just waiting for the second yellow with every tackle he made. I more than agree about how horse shit Kennedy is. But honestly, Pearce is worse.

Wouldn’t change too much else. Clisby will be better this week I think. He’s been great until Sunday.

Would like to see MacDonald off the bench.

Antlion

I have hope for this game. As long as they give it a real shake I don't mind the result. Like some previous seasons we need everyone on song to get results of any kind

Would love to see Murray utilised more up front, even just off the bench. He's a waste at RB and I genuinely think he will make a splash given a chance

Happy with Millar's trajectory and happy to support time for him on the park too

Antlion

On Cisse - I was recently speaking to someone highly experienced in europe as a defender (champions league player) who doesn't rate Cisse.
His argument is that if a defender is making last ditched challenges, no matter how good they do at it, then they aren't doing their job. He said that a good defender pushes attackers out into an positions where they are ineffective first and if they are consistently defending the final ball, shot or making a desparate tackle then they are not doing that first part of their job well - and he points to Cisse as doing that.
Personally I would have to rewatch the games so far with that in mind to know if I agree, or to see if it's him covering others not doing their job more so.
Regardless, I think we're going to miss him in the upcoming game.

Big Al

On Cisse - I was recently speaking to someone highly experienced in europe as a defender (champions league player) who doesn't rate Cisse.
His argument is that if a defender is making last ditched challenges, no matter how good they do at it, then they aren't doing their job. He said that a good defender pushes attackers out into an positions where they are ineffective first and if they are consistently defending the final ball, shot or making a desparate tackle then they are not doing that first part of their job well - and he points to Cisse as doing that.
Personally I would have to rewatch the games so far with that in mind to know if I agree, or to see if it's him covering others not doing their job more so.
I think it’s the latter as well covering the holes that are left. It’s easy to say he shouldn’t be making that tackle but it’s more about why and what happened before that. To me it was where the Left of the three CB’s should of been and he was covering

Antlion

I think it’s the latter as well covering the holes that are left. It’s easy to say he shouldn’t be making that tackle but it’s more about why and what happened before that. To me it was where the Left of the three CB’s should of been and he was covering
Yeah see this is why I thought I needed a better look before agreeing. If he was in a well-oiled team his actions are more obviously accountable. But in a shamozzle there is more to it

Forum Phoenix

Saturday 5:35pm, Central Coast Stadium

Going to be very interesting on what is effectively a 5-day turnaround after the trip west, against a Sydney side that seems a little underperforming.

From our perspective it's whether the lads recoup quickly from the heartbreak of last night and use it to fire up on Saturday, or if it's shaken the belief.

Oh, and our defence will be without Cisse. Ouch.

I read in the other thread about someone saying bring in a sports psych guy now. Horrible to lose at the end like that, but there’s a big difference between hurting and low morale and lack of confidence.

That loss would have hurt. But there’s no way the squad should not taking be a lot of confidence from that game. Perth didn’t ease up, we lifted and fought hard in that second half.

I’m expecting to see us continue to improve.

Cisse out is a blow for sure. He has good positional sense and is mentally strong,

Timmah

No ........ my bad ......... frustration at not being able to cancel a reply post blah blah blah.

Ages ago I asked if anybody could update the tom situation .......... no reply.
I asked you “page two ???” ......... no reply.

:doh:
I literally have no idea what you're talking about. Have you mixed me up with someone else?

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
you never know, if we treat the Smurfs like we did last year we may very well get an upset draw....SHIT, I mean win

Michael

Whoever you spoke to, that said those things is bang on about the defending part. But Cisse is definitely doing a lot of covering for others and the holes left. Cisse does push attackers into ineffective areas and also monsters them. Golec can be solid but is in a pretty decent form slump right now. Cisse is having to cover him more and more. This weekend is a massive opportunity for McGing.

Off topic a little, but this is also a massive reason why not everyone rated Brama (because many ccm fans really don’t understand football) and why we didn’t see his absolute best. He had to do a lot of covering for others and lost trust in many around him fairly quickly. We were lucky to have a player of Brama’s calibre, ability and intelligence. Just as we are lucky to have Tom H.

Back on topic. Partnering Murray with Ross up front would definitely lead to more of a goal mouth threat. And hopefully see Murray burst into life like we all hope he does.
Mulvey throwing him in at RWB was strange but he didn’t back down and had a go.

Forum Phoenix

Whoever you spoke to, that said those things is bang on about the defending part. But Cisse is definitely doing a lot of covering for others and the holes left. Cisse does push attackers into ineffective areas and also monsters them. Golec can be solid but is in a pretty decent form slump right now. Cisse is having to cover him more and more. This weekend is a massive opportunity for McGing.

Off topic a little, but this is also a massive reason why not everyone rated Brama (because many ccm fans really don’t understand football) and why we didn’t see his absolute best. He had to do a lot of covering for others and lost trust in many around him fairly quickly. We were lucky to have a player of Brama’s calibre, ability and intelligence. Just as we are lucky to have Tom H.

Back on topic. Partnering Murray with Ross up front would definitely lead to more of a goal mouth threat. And hopefully see Murray burst into life like we all hope he does.
Mulvey throwing him in at RWB was strange but he didn’t back down and had a go.
Great post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred