• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R6 v Sydney @ home

Ozhammer

SFC's second goal was a top strike. No HAL team could defend against something like that. So essentially SFC scored from a penalty (a 50/50 scenario for any team) and a wonder strike.

Sorry LFC, have to take issue with this part of your post. Both our DM’s were sitting too deep when LEGO Head picked up the ball, O’Neil was at least picking up Retre but Melling decided to become another CB for some reason, meaning he wasn’t closing down the space LEGO Head used to unleash his shot and cost us the game.

Watch the Fox coverage and see Pain give Melling a spray immediately after, as he had to run all the way from LM to try to put some pressure on the ball. Hiariej has to start on Friday, as he had more impact in the last 15 minutes than Melling had for the preceding 75.

O’Neil was sub-par today too imo, he needs to have more influence on the midfield battle and I lost count of how many times we made poor use of the ball. It was also noticeable how hard SFC work off the ball compared to us. They were proactive whereas we were generally reactive in open play, plus their off the ball movement is something we needed to match.

Forum Phoenix

This. ^ One thousand percent.

I can see O’Neil’s quality but can also see he’s young and not the full package yet in terms of reading or bossing a game, would really benefit from a class player like Tom next to him who can run a game and lift him. Not a player who he’s better than in Melling. I want to be fair to Melling - he busts a gut and is a warrior. Made less mistakes on the ball today too. In another year or two he may become a serious balanced HAL player - but right now we need more than a warrior.

We played a lot of lazy/out of ideas balls into the box from poor deep positions that just hands back posssession and released pressure. Wilko dealt with those easily. As he should.

We really need an injection of creativity. Both in DM with Tom. And then a player who can link and underpin our attack. Hoole did it off the bench the other week - but has been found wanting since. Weemac couldnt do it when he came on.

I don’t blame mulvey, he’s absent too many of his best attackers at present. But I think Shabow and Kekeris should be looked at to help try and solve this unless Oar and Murray will be back next game.

Oh and movement. Yes. Either move into space quicker than your opposing player, or know that the passing lane will either be closed or never even exist. Drives me mental. Every side we have played does this better than us. Ross’s lack of fitness hasn’t helped. Mattys movement was excellent today and helped, and Pains was solid and so was Millar. Everyone else was sub par. Hooles not fully fit yet I think.

Oh and what’s with Clisby, seems mentally out of sorts these past two games.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

What was the crowd size? And any noise from the Yellow Army? I didn't get to watch this one.

People around me were arguing about the fact he fell outside the box, even though his first step from falling was inside the box. It was a penalty, albeit a close one.
Probably would have looked like it from the stands...but looking at the replay, it's definitely inside.

grant contacts clisby , clisby get the ball first . its only a pen if you have a sydney shirt
No, Grant gets the ball, not Clisby.
Full highlights, but you can see the ball changes direction before Clisby is near it.
He got in front of Clisby but I don't remember him touching or taking continue of the ball - does he have to for it to be a pen? CapnGus you appear to be all over these sorts of deets?
Well he doesn't continue because Clisby took him out ;-)
Attacker doesn't need to have touched the ball...or even be anywhere near it for a penalty. But you have an attacker who is running onto a ball and is kicked in the back of the leg...it's a penalty.
Also, Grant did touch the ball. Clisby didn't.

Antlion

What was the crowd size? And any noise from the Yellow Army? I didn't get to watch this one.

Probably would have looked like it from the stands...but looking at the replay, it's definitely inside.

Full highlights, but you can see the ball changes direction before Clisby is near it.

Attacker doesn't need to have touched the ball...or even be anywhere near it for a penalty. But you have an attacker who is running onto a ball and is kicked in the back of the leg...it's a penalty.
Cheers.

If you get a chance the first half is worth watching. Apart from the pen it was all Mariners and probably the best half we've played in forever. Enjoyable to watch at least

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

best keeper in the world wouldn't have saved that ffs
The 2nd goal? Kennedy was right out of position, left that side of the goal completely open. He may not have saved it if he was in position, but would at least have had a better chance (well, he would've have needed to jump for it properly rather than just sort of fall over in the general direction of the ball).

Deadset cracker of a strike though.

best keeper in the world wouldn't have saved that ffs
The 2nd goal? Kennedy was right out of position, left that side of the goal completely open. He may not have saved it if he was in position, but would at least have had a better chance (well, he wouldn
The dickhead was wearing a rugby union shirt and NRL shorts.
Hopefully they'll fine him heavily.
He also tried to fight security.
Hope the f**kwit faces charges.
It's pretty clear we don't have the class to support Ross, all we have is monger and desperation, two traits he definitely does no have.
Is it? Why are we still insisting that a player who hasn't done a single thing in 5 games is too good for our team?
I agree that a good player in the wrong team will look shit....but that's to a certain extent. If he was half as good as we all thought he would be, he'd be finding something. His free i

Wombat

What was the crowd size? A bit of 8000 And any noise from the Yellow Army? I didn't get to watch this one. Yes. The yellow army did well. Justin on the drums and a big fella with a beard (not PP) led the way. They were joined by a girl in the 2nd half and the three of them sang their hearts out. Great to hear...."who do we sing for" again.

Probably would have looked like it from the stands...but looking at the replay, it's definitely inside. It didnt look like a pen at full speed in the stands but the replay looked like a pen even if the mullet did dive.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
At the very least we shoulda got a draw, I blame that dick Melling for giving anybody enough room to even consider taking a shot that good, I think a permanent swap for Tommy H is definitely required
I think we’ve found a bit of talent in Matt Millar....brilliant
it seemed to me , the way the ball was heading toward Redders, that if Macca was there he might of got one or two ( that’d be right huh) methinks my theory of Golec having a case of busted leg syndrome has been confirmed, shame.
I think Mulvey got the Hoole / McGlinchey swap the wrong way round
Did I mention we should #HailHiarejism
And apparently on Twitter lotsa people think that f**ktard on crutches was funny and entertaining, if he was wearing a smurf shirt, we would all be screaming for a life ban ...and how bad was the fkn security ...that mob need sacking straight away
Too busy crushing active support to watch the gates I guess
To be fair Sydney showed a whole of not much were as we owned nearly all the first half , we even had moments in the second half once Tommy H arrived, but playing great for 85 mins while not scoring just ain’t gonna cut it anymore..WE NEED WINS
Also one thing I’d like to see is the boys keep the ball on the floor, 6000 headers a game is fkn stupid

BrisRecky

Oh yeah and that f**kin ref had one blue eye and one blue eye ..what the f**k was he watching, I knew we were f**ked when Clisby got the ball first and that wank with the mullet got a penalty...the VAR must of had his eyes shut while checking
And Smurfs were flying all over the place , Corica can’t be telling them to do it, he never did it ...anyway

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Oh yeah and that f**kin ref had one blue eye and one blue eye ..what the f**k was he watching, I knew we were f**ked when Clisby got the ball first and that wank with the mullet got a penalty...the VAR must of had his eyes shut while checking
And Smurfs were flying all over the place , Corica can’t be telling them to do it, he never did it ...anyway
Clisby didn't touch the ball at all. I linked the highlights above.

Antlion

Grant dived I have no doubt about that. But as there was contact and the dive wasn't undeniable the ruling is a pen.

Watch the incident again. In particular how his legs when touched explode outwards quite differently to the direction of any redirection of force. He feels contact and throws his legs outward left and right. Straight up dive, the bastard.

Big Al

Grant dived I have no doubt about that. But as there was contact and the dive wasn't undeniable the ruling is a pen.

Watch the incident again. In particular how his legs when touched explode outwards quite differently to the direction of any redirection of force. He feels contact and throws his legs outward left and right. Straight up dive, the bastard.
A legal dive if you will.

Clisby said it all with his disappointment on his face he got him a little and the ref called it. He didn’t complain one bit

Michael

A legal dive if you will.

Clisby said it all with his disappointment on his face he got him a little and the ref called it. He didn’t complain one bit

This...

In this day and age you don’t need major contact for it to be a foul or pen. Hoole did it 4 times to win free kicks yesterday.

Clisby was disappointed because 1: he was on his heels. 2: missed the ball and clipped Grant. 3: because he gave the Sydney piece of shit the chance to make the most of the minimal contact.

It was a penalty.
People should be use to it these days.

Blaming the ref is almost always top choice for our fans when we lose.

BrisRecky

This...

In this day and age you don’t need major contact for it to be a foul or pen. Hoole did it 4 times to win free kicks yesterday.

Clisby was disappointed because 1: he was on his heels. 2: missed the ball and clipped Grant. 3: because he gave the Sydney piece of shit the chance to make the most of the minimal contact.

It was a penalty.
People should be use to it these days.

Blaming the ref is almost always top choice for our fans when we lose.

Blaming the ref when the penalty / free kick count is blatantly lopsided is quite alright IMHO

Big Al

Just woke up from a snooze and the replay is on. Woke just in time to see ONeil’s goal.

Melling and Pain are equally to blame imo.

The ball was in front of the cove and McGlinchy i am pretty sure it was had the ball holder and SFC player made a run into the the space just behind McGlinchy and Melling covers the run. Good defending. McGing is very central but does have a player. Every one is matched up with a player except Pain who is hoping to break but was a fair way from ONeill, however as everyone has a man he needs to come back and cover the space. He doesn’t until it’s to late.

Melling stays with the attacker he tracked but pulls off him a bit. He is to slow to see ONeil has the open space and by the time he reacts its to late.

For me primary blame is with Pain. He whinges at others to cover his error.
Secondry blame is with Melling for being to slow to see the problem and react.

The person with the ball is the most dangerous and needs to be taken care of first

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred