• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R6 v Sydney @ home

Wombat

Think this will be a competitive game. We need a win badly, bit of pressure on Sydney. With the outs we have i would go for -

...................................BK................................
...McGing..........Rowles.......Golec......Clisby...
...............Tom H..............Aiden........................
............................Matty....................................
.......Hoole.............Ross................Connor..........

For me this is the best team of the 3 posted so far. Question mark over Matty as a 10 but McBreen did it so Matty could easily own this.
No keeper?

Same as every game since cockhead reddy left.

Wombat

Seems pretty plausible, I think Clisby looked more at home in a 4 man back line. Hoole likes to drift in which could open up working with Pain but I think I'd prefer sending Simon to the bench and playing Hoole there, maybe Kekeris on the wing?
We're going to need Golec or Rowles to really step up and steer the back line.

Kekeris is not a dominant player yet.

Wombat

I expect Mulvey will keep the same formation.

Will Tom come in for Melling... after multiple games out... I don’t expect he will. More likely to see him off the bench if when we hopefully see him.

I’m thinking we might see...

Millar, McGing, Rowles, Golec, Clisby
Melling, Oneil,
Hoole, Ross, Pain
Matty

Its not horrible at all. Obviously blind freddy would pick Tom over Melling. Ross is a BIG question mark as a 10.

I'd reverse Matty and Ross and just no on the Melling question.

Michael

I remember Matty played at 10, not as a 10, years ago. I think maybe in our first game against Melb Heart to “disrupt” Skoko.. ie; make sure he couldn’t walk for a week.

Wouldn’t be a bad idea with the excellent O’Neil/Brillante combo.

Very happy for my boy Kekeris to make the squad. Not ready to start yet, a 15-20 minute cameo would nice, he’d create something. Unlikely this week if I be honest with myself.

I think we’ll see something from MacDonald.

Big Al

Mulvey has shown when players are coming back from injury, if that is what Tom has.
That he gives them a spot off the bench first.
Has done it for
ONeill, Hoole and Simon

Which is a fair enough stance. So I don’t expect to see Tom starting.

Golec while playing poorly his leadership and physicality will be required. Rowles is not ready to be the lead CB especially as he’s been playing RW until last week

Big Al

I think it will be

Newcastle Trash
McGing Golec Rowles
Millar Melling ONeill Clisby
Hoole McCormack Pain

Michael

Rowles is starting to remind me of Sains’ early time with us.. played out of position in fullback because his potential deserved minutes. Growing every week, improving. And slowly but surely getting games in his natural CB.
Very relaxed surfy kid from interstate.
Probably already hit up Mulveys daughter on the sly.

Just a shame we’re not winning games to get him in the headlines and foxsports pumping him up.

pjennings

We’re gonna win this one 3-0, Ross with a brace and a Connor Pain up where the spiders live special. Tommy H will be back and will boss the midfield and Rowles will step up in CB (his natural position). Great confidence booster for the lads who will go on to beat wanderers, nix AND Jets the three weeks following making it 4 on the trot and cementing our place in the top 4. You heard it here first folks

Love your confidence NoDiggity - just wish I could share it. That said - we did had a 1W !D !L record against them last year and seemed to be one of the few teams that won the midfield against Brilliante and O'Neill.

Forum Phoenix

No goalkeeper?

It's a bold strategy cotton
Was deliberate to leave out the keeper I Honestly couldn’t bare naming him.

But not the extra man :piralaugh:

Though I think it’s a sound strategy personally,

I’d rather we just tied a tennis ball to a piece of rope and got a centre back to swing it across the goals every couple of minutes than start Kennedy.

turbo

Kekeris is not a dominant player yet

Doesn't have to be him but I thought he'd bring some pace and hunger to that position. No idea on whether he's fit enough to start. I would have said Murray but unfortunately he's out.

localpom

If so, big blow but opens the door to someone else. We can still do well.
Maybe -

..............................BK.......................
..Jake.......Kyle.........Lord G......Clisbs..
...............Tommy H.....Aiden.................
....Connor........Hoole...........WeeMac..
.........................Matty...............................

Seem very short on quality on the bench now for this one with so many out. Pearce, Millar, MacDonald, Melling, Kerkeris? No one on the bench who can come on and influence a game IMO, so hopefully no more injuries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred