• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R6 v Sydney @ home

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I can only hope Golec gets over his shattered leg syndrome now that KC is up in the stands this week , but somehow I doubt it...shame cause Lord Golec was blazing ahead as our #1 defender

Insertnamehere

Whoever you spoke to, that said those things is bang on about the defending part. But Cisse is definitely doing a lot of covering for others and the holes left. Cisse does push attackers into ineffective areas and also monsters them. Golec can be solid but is in a pretty decent form slump right now. Cisse is having to cover him more and more. This weekend is a massive opportunity for McGing.

Off topic a little, but this is also a massive reason why not everyone rated Brama (because many ccm fans really don’t understand football) and why we didn’t see his absolute best. He had to do a lot of covering for others and lost trust in many around him fairly quickly. We were lucky to have a player of Brama’s calibre, ability and intelligence. Just as we are lucky to have Tom H.

Back on topic. Partnering Murray with Ross up front would definitely lead to more of a goal mouth threat. And hopefully see Murray burst into life like we all hope he does.
Mulvey throwing him in at RWB was strange but he didn’t back down and had a go.
Essentially if the midfield is doing its job in defence the CB has less they have to do. This is where brama was good. Probs helped golec have the season he did.
I noticed that often Melling or O'Neill was just sitting in front of the CB covering space the extra CB should have been pushing into. Made our midfield play thin especially in the first half. However MMM changed something and this steadily improved through match.

Would we consider Murray or Gameiro up front and use Ross as an AM?

pjennings

By the end of the Perth game the 3-4-3 was growing on me.

The problem we had was holding the ball in the middle and Ross being isolated. I would like to see the front three play like the Arnie front three as Inside Right - Centre Forward - Inside Left and the middle four all able to hold the ball.

In addition we have Cisse out and Golec hopelessly out of form. All in all a real challenge to come up with a team that can defend, can hold the ball in the middle and will not be afraid to take a shot up front.

--------------------Kennedy-------------------
---------McGing-----Rowles-----Clisby----
WeeMac---Hiariej-------Oneill--------Oar
-------Murray------McCormack-----Pain

Bench: Pearce, Golec, Simon, Millar, Hoole

If Tommy is still 'injured' then we have a choice between Melling and Berry. If Oar is out I would switch WeeMac to the left and bring Millar in on the right.

midfielder

I am not looking forward to this game. I have a sense of dread.

As for our best 11 and best formation I am not sure so will leave it to the coach.

I would move Hiariegi to right back as have no natural leaders left in the backs and his experience would help a bit I think....

turbo

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/squad-news-round-6-v-sydney-fc

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 3.Jack CLISBY, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Michael McGLINCHEY, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Adam PEARCE (gk), 13.Aiden O’NEILL, 15.Kye ROWLES, 16.Josh MACDONALD, 17.Peter KEKERIS, 18.Matt MILLAR, 19.Matt SIMON (c), 22.Jacob MELLING, 23.Mario SHABOW, 44.Ross McCORMACK
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 6.Tom HIARIEJ (promoted), 16.Josh MACDONALD (promoted), 17.Peter KEKERIS (promoted), 23.Mario SHABOW (promoted)
Outs: 20.Kalifa CISSE (suspended), 25.Jordan MURRAY (ankle)
Unavailable: 2.Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITIS (ACL), 10.Tommy OAR (knee), 21.Corey GAMEIRO (calf)

NoDiggity

We’re gonna win this one 3-0, Ross with a brace and a Connor Pain up where the spiders live special. Tommy H will be back and will boss the midfield and Rowles will step up in CB (his natural position). Great confidence booster for the lads who will go on to beat wanderers, nix AND Jets the three weeks following making it 4 on the trot and cementing our place in the top 4. You heard it here first folks

localpom

Think this will be a competitive game. We need a win badly, bit of pressure on Sydney. With the outs we have i would go for -

...................................BK................................
...McGing..........Rowles.......Golec......Clisby...
...............Tom H..............Aiden........................
............................Matty....................................
.......Hoole.............Ross................Connor..........

turbo

With the outs we have i would go for -

...................................BK................................
...McGing..........Rowles.......Golec......Clisby...
...............Tom H..............Aiden........................
............................Matty....................................
.......Hoole.............Ross................Connor..........

Seems pretty plausible, I think Clisby looked more at home in a 4 man back line. Hoole likes to drift in which could open up working with Pain but I think I'd prefer sending Simon to the bench and playing Hoole there, maybe Kekeris on the wing?
We're going to need Golec or Rowles to really step up and steer the back line.

localpom

Seems pretty plausible, I think Clisby looked more at home in a 4 man back line. Hoole likes to drift in which could open up working with Pain but I think I'd prefer sending Simon to the bench and playing Hoole there, maybe Kekeris on the wing?
We're going to need Golec or Rowles to really step up and steer the back line.
Think we need Matty's experience and leadership in there. Would possibly swap WeeMac for Hoole but think we need Hooleys creativity.

Josho Howe

Hey guys, l was on Football Nation Radio last night and spoke about our season so far and the game on the weekend.

If you're interested, l am on from 48:35

Forum Phoenix

I expect Mulvey will keep the same formation.

Will Tom come in for Melling... after multiple games out... I don’t expect he will. More likely to see him off the bench if when we hopefully see him.

I’m thinking we might see...

Millar, Rowles, Golec, Clisby
Melling, Oneil,
Hoole, Ross, Pain
Matty

Last edited:

Wombat

By the end of the Perth game the 3-4-3 was growing on me.

The problem we had was holding the ball in the middle and Ross being isolated. I would like to see the front three play like the Arnie front three as Inside Right - Centre Forward - Inside Left and the middle four all able to hold the ball.

In addition we have Cisse out and Golec hopelessly out of form. All in all a real challenge to come up with a team that can defend, can hold the ball in the middle and will not be afraid to take a shot up front.

--------------------Kennedy-------------------
---------McGing-----Rowles-----Clisby----
WeeMac---Hiariej-------Oneill--------Oar
-------Murray------McCormack-----Pain

Bench: Pearce, Golec, Simon, Millar, Hoole

If Tommy is still 'injured' then we have a choice between Melling and Berry. If Oar is out I would switch WeeMac to the left and bring Millar in on the right.

Back three is too inexperienced and has no leader. Also Mikey is poor defensively. Also Murray is out injured so i guess Hoole would take his spot.

marinermick

I expect Mulvey will keep the same formation.

Will Tom come in for Melling... after multiple games out... I don’t expect he will. More likely to see him off the bench if when we hopefully see him.

I’m thinking we might see...

Millar, McGing, Rowles, Golec, Clisby
Melling, Oneil,
Hoole, Ross, Pain
Matty

We will need that extra player!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads