• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R6: Mariners vs Phoenix at GIO Canberra

dibo

They could more easily be sfc fans who moved to the coast.

Like the many Mariners fans I know who moved to Sydney.
This is critical - a lot of coasties are really from somewhere else. They might not be easy to convert - many might simply identify more with a Sydney-based club.

A lot of Mariners fans in Sydney are also ex-coasties (me*, my wife, her sister, my sister, a bunch of my friends...).

It'd be great if the club tagged CCM fans with Sydney addresses with a survey and asked whether they were fans because they were from the coast and have moved or because they chose CCM over SFC because Gosford was easier to get to than Moore Park (and chose not to jump ship to WSW).

*That said, I was born in the St George area, moved to the coast as a kid, lived there for 11 years and then moved to the inner west to study and never left. In total I've lived more than 2/3 of my life in Sydney but I identify as a coastie, bought a flat up there, etc...

There's no doubt the last couple of years have been hard to digest . Im all for expanding the brand and exploring Avenues but Canberra . The coasts 2012 population was around 317000 so I'm guesing where at about 330 ,000 population 10%of that catchment is 33,000 spectators , 5% would be 16,500 . How do we get 1 in every 20 coasties to become part of Mariners. Got of the train at woy woy the night Sydney played Victory and at 3coasty families were decked out in Sydney fc gear . chanting where top of the league which pissed me off to the core but it got me thinking . Train travel , late night they were a young family little children decked out in fc gear . Mariners are not tapping into our region hard enough .I saw 20 or so potential Mariner fans but there not .

We ought to be looking to get a steady 10k to games. The long term average is a bit over 9k, so it's not impossible.

We really ought to drive memberships hard. Pitch the fact that it is *much* cheaper per game that you can miss a couple and probably still be ahead. That way you get people over the fact that it's a bit of a commitment and then it's also easier for them to make the decision to go to any game in particular - they don't need to sort tickets, it's done already.

Last year both Wanderers and Victory had higher membership total than average crowd. Jets went close too, and Adelaide, City, Perth and Sydney were all around the 80% mark.

So we should be looking to hit 8,000 members. Out of 320,000 residents that is one in 40. Then we only need a relatively small walk-up to hit 10k, and derbies etc. will boost it.

How do we get 8,000 members? Invest in a team that we can get behind, and put faith in the Coast to back it 100%. Never mind these dalliances with other cities or other stadiums - make a statement that the club wants the Coast's 100% backing for 100% of our home games. He'll get it.

Tevor

I've never lived on the coast and live in the Hornsby area, for many years I watched/supported SFC on TV. One day decided to take my then 7 year old son to watch a game BT because I could drive and it seemed easier than going to Allianz Stadium. Must admit we watched the Mariners in their prime with Rogic and Ibini causing havoc. Went to another game and bought a membership for myself and son the next season and now we buy a family membership and are rusted on as supporters.

I've managed to convert another family who are also now members just by getting them to a game or two. It is a good family friendly club with easy access to parking etc and family friendly times which I know some are not a fan of.

Don't feel like a WSW area or a SFC area so there are loads ripe for the picking in the Hornsby district Just got to get them to games, and have a competitive team helps.

pjennings

I agree with you Dibo but actually think we need to be approaching10000 members At any time we have many of our members not attending for reasons such as health, holidays and work. While that may sound a lot,6000 sounded a lot a few years ago. A good membership base encouraging family and friends to attend together with some good promotion for match day roll ups can see us getting regular 10,000 attendances.

I actually think Mike is committed to the Coast but wants to find a model that works. Unfortunately a lot of the good work he does is undone but the doublespeak we get. I don't mind strategic alliances with other regions but that is the limit of it. Play some pre-season games, provide some overall help like the Western Mariners, provide a pathway for players that don't have an obvious pathway but ultimately we are a Central Coast team. The sooner that is made crystal clear to the people of the Central Coast the sooner the club will be better supported.

style_cafe

Just going by the volume of posts this week, I`d say the loss to Wellington really hurt a lot of Mariner`s supporters.
I know I was not only gutted by the loss, but pissed off with the half hearted effort by the boys.
I`m sure it wouldn`t have been that way if we had of played at home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred