• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R6: Mariners vs Phoenix at GIO Canberra

pjennings

Well the first of our 'home' games in Canberra is next Saturday.

After our win today the question now is when is the next one. I'm sure Paolo will be keen to back it up. Moss, Durante, Fenton, McGlinchey and Barbarouses are all with the All Whites and Krishna with Fiji. If we can win this one the boys will be flying going into the derby the following week.

Forum Phoenix

That's a golden opportunity to beat the NIx. We will prove hard to stop I think, but must continue to improve. We still could have been put away by half time against AU - but that said I think we earned our luck too - more desperate defending, compressing the space far better now and getting in close to players and not letting them constantly turn and run at us - which was sheer madness.

Tevor

Anybody tried to buy tickets to this game, all the good seats are reserved for what appears to be the 2 game Canberra membership. Bit disappointing and I doubt 5,000 people bought the add on. Maybe they will release the reserved seats later in the week when they only fill a quarter of them. I can only commit to one game so don't want to buy the two game package.

sydmariner

Anybody tried to buy tickets to this game, all the good seats are reserved for what appears to be the 2 game Canberra membership. Bit disappointing and I doubt 5,000 people bought the add on. Maybe they will release the reserved seats later in the week when they only fill a quarter of them. I can only commit to one game so don't want to buy the two game package.
There's also no YA bay just an away bay.

Big Al

Been a pretty wild ride so far but 5 points from 4 away games including draws with last years grand finalists is a lot better than most would have thought going in to the season.

Played alright in first home game and now time to bring it.

Pressure is now on as will be favourites something this squad has never been.

If can win this then beat the scum the horrible early draw will have been successfully taken care of and we should be in the 6 or very close.

They still have Bonavacia and Finkler so still dangerous and they will see this as a free shot considering they are missing half the Squad they will be carefree about losing and could be dangerous.

Also beat us twice in preseason so will be confident they can beat us or at least draw.

Wombat

I'm in for the Scum game. Tempted to join Recky to Canberra but I can't support Mike mugging us off.
Whats the go, Train, Coach or Car?.....to Scumdome not Canberra.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

This won't be easy . Nix are hurting and we have no home ground advantage . Thanks Mike.

Notwithstanding their international call ups a tight 1 goal win or draw I reckon.

midfielder

Double bonus .... Storm was not picked in the NZ side ... meaning one he is available for us and two he will more than likely bust a gut to prove he is back and should have been picked...

nebakke

This won't be easy . Nix are hurting and we have no home ground advantage . Thanks Mike.

Notwithstanding their international call ups a tight 1 goal win or draw I reckon.

Yeah - I really want to trust the boys, and it is improving, but I'm still nervous that we could settle into a pattern of "one good, one bad" although we've technically already bypassed that ;)
The other thing is, I seem to recall Phoenix giving Victory a good go of it a couple of seasons back, with half the team away with the all-whites, the youngsters all playing and noone expecting a thing from them, so I worry a little bit.

If the improvement keeps going though, we should clear them well and truly - here's hoping.

Forum Phoenix

I think the players look focused, hungry and on the upswing. They will be looking to pounce. But not taking them for granted. So I don't see a stutter right now or even a consistency issue, because the style of play and plan is clear, it's not about players/stars in form. Okon is driving them and the confidence is brewing. Nix will be too depleted. Those are some big losses to their side. So I can't believe I'm actually saying it again, but I'm expecting a good win in Canberra, barring a very unlucky game or player sent etc, or they manage to bludgeon us into a draw.

Timmah

CCMWEL-R6.png

Referee: Stephen Lucas
Assistant Referees: Owen Goldrick & Greg Taylor
Fourth Official: Luke Withell

6300859.png

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Ivan NECEVSKI (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3.Scott GALLOWAY, 6.Blake POWELL, 7.Fabio FERREIRA, 8.Nick MONTGOMERY (c), 9.Roy O”DONOVAN, 10.Mickael TAVARES, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 16.Liam ROSE, 17.Josh BINGHAM, 19.Jacques FATY, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 21.Michael NEILL, 22.Jake McGING
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 13.Kwabena APPIAH (promoted), 17.Josh BINGHAM (promoted)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 23.Jake Adelson (ACL – indefinite), 4.Jacob POSCOLIERO (quad strain – 1 week)

6400650.png

Wellington Phoenix squad: 2.Jacob TRATT, 4.Roly BONEVACIA, 5.Ryan LOWRY,6.Dylan FOX, 7.Gui FINKLER, 8.Alex RODRIGUEZ, 11.Hamish WATSON, 13.Marco ROSSI, 14.Alex RUFER, 15.James McGARRY, 17.Vince LIA (c), 18.Ben LITFIN, 20.Lewis ITALIANO (gk), 21.Roy KRISHNA, 23.Matthew RIDENTON, 24.Logan ROGERSON, 30.Oliver SAIL (gk)
**one to be omitted**

Ins: 6.Dylan FOX (returns from suspension), 15.James MCGARRY (promoted), 18.Ben LITFIN (promoted), 23.Matthew RIDENTON (promoted), 24.Logan ROGERSON (promoted), 30.Oliver SAIL (gk) (promoted)
Outs: 1.Glen MOSS (gk) (international duty), 9.Kosta BARBAROUSES (international duty), 10.Michael MCGLINCHEY (international duty), 16.Louis FENTON (international duty), 22.Andrew DURANTE (international duty)
Unavailable: 12.Adam PARKHOUSE (hamstring – 1-2 weeks), 19.Tom DOYLE (hamstring – 1-2 weeks)

---------------------------------------------------
Fixture History v Wellington Phoenix (A-League)
Matches 27 / Mariners 13 / Phoenix 8 / Drawn 6
Goals Scored 38 / Goals Conceded 27
Biggest Win: Mariners 5 Phoenix 0 at Central Coast Stadium, 2012/13 Round 20
Biggest Loss: Phoenix 3 Mariners 0 at Westpac Stadium, 2009/10 Round 27
and Phoenix 4 Mariners 1 at Central Coast Stadium, 2013/14 Round 20

CCM at GIO Stadium, Canberra
Played 2 / Won 1 / Drawn 1 / Lost 0

#CCMvWEL Last Meeting
2015/16 Round 17, AMI Stadium, Christchurch
Central Coast Mariners 3 Wellington Phoenix 1

Form - Last Five (all comps)
Mariners D L L D W
Phoenix L L L L W​

Last edited:

Timmah

Team News: Mariners v Phoenix

The Central Coast Mariners will be looking to make it back-to-back wins when they host Wellington Phoenix at Canberra's GIO Stadium this Saturday.
Head coach Paul Okon is set to take a settled line-up into Saturday's clash, with the playing squad pulling up well after a last start victory over Adelaide United in Round 5.

The resulting calm in the squad sees no players missing from last week's outfit, and two promotions into 18-man list with Kwabena Appiah and Josh Bingham giving Okon plenty to think about when choosing his forward line ahead of the Remembrance Round showdown.
With competition for starting spots across the park, Paolo is sure to have several selection headaches. The halftime substitution of Mickael Tavares paid handsome dividends in Sunday's victory and with Tavares forming a key part of the midfield, Okon's choice of midfield players could be crucial to this weekend's result.

Central defender Jacob Poscoliero (quad) remains on the sidelines, while fellow defender Harry Ascroft (groin) is still yet to return to the squad. Both will have their work cut out for them once eligible, with an ever-improving defensive line showing strong signs in recent weeks.

LINK: http://www.ccmariners.com.au/article/team-news-mariners-v-phoenix/y2eah7t6mtzo1emmow81p9fk7

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred