• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R4: WSW v CCM @ Spotless

Tevor

We have Shaun Evans as referee
He is a KDFRA referee which is my local association and fellow ref. I thought he had a half decent game in the FFA Cup and with the current rules there is no right or wrong decision with the off side rule. Muscat is a tool and is really struggling to handle the V being out played twice and now second fiddle. I've heard the refs have been told to pull up less free kicks and hand out less cards to make the game flow better and hopefully be faster and more entertaining. With last weekend and the FFA Cup you have to agree they are letting a lot more go than usual, TV money has a hell of lot of influence and the more we get the more it will dictate how the game is run. (Double edged sword). And I also agree with Evans on the call to allow Battens goal but I expect opposition to this decision. But as mentioned the current rules allow this amount of doubt so not his fault and he made is own judgement call which has to be commended because it would not have been easy in that game.

Big Al

He is a KDFRA referee which is my local association and fellow ref. I thought he had a half decent game in the FFA Cup and with the current rules there is no right or wrong decision with the off side rule. Muscat is a tool and is really struggling to handle the V being out played twice and now second fiddle. I've heard the refs have been told to pull up less free kicks and hand out less cards to make the game flow better and hopefully be faster and more entertaining. With last weekend and the FFA Cup you have to agree they are letting a lot more go than usual, TV money has a hell of lot of influence and the more we get the more it will dictate how the game is run. (Double edged sword). And I also agree with Evans on the call to allow Battens goal but I expect opposition to this decision. But as mentioned the current rules allow this amount of doubt so not his fault and he made is own judgement call which has to be commended because it would not have been easy in that game.
There was a daily telegraph article on Friday night before our Saturday game titled softest league in the world, with more free kicks than premier league (couldn't see article as behind pay wall). Very next game (ours) plenty of free kicks any other day where play on

nebakke

There was a daily telegraph article on Friday night before our Saturday game titled softest league in the world, with more free kicks than premier league (couldn't see article as behind pay wall). Very next game (ours) plenty of free kicks any other day where play on

Except for that weird one where Trent had the ball, running towards their goal and was pulled back for some reason... There were some weird calls in that game.

Wombat

Is it just my iPad but had trouble last night and today
Do we need to put anything in for the away support?
Can't get a quantity of tickets to come up and last night said none available.
They also charging $33 for away vs $23 for GA? Rip off and with no trains and expensive parking to sit miles away from the pitch with the circle stadium I think I'll give it a miss. Was tempted but not for the costs

Just buy GA and wander over and sit where u want.

dibo

The number of free kicks usually has more to do with the number of infringements of the laws of the game than any other factor.

Forum Phoenix

It's a poor correlation. Same statistic could as easily support HARDEST league in the word.
Which would be closer to the truth than softest, as we still expect our players to get stuck in and give no quarter and we clearly frown on faking or exaggeration and just plain being soft.

See players in our league repeatedly get up from the kind of tackles that in many other leagues players would writhe for minutes over. And we don;t see it as clever gamesmanship or part of the game. Conclusion, we foul a lot because we get stuck in and have always made up for whatever we've lacked in technique with spirit and aggression, not because we're soft.

Just another anti football hack job.

Last edited:

midfielder

Have a bad feeling about this game... from what I have seen the Drive Bys are quite a talented side not as physical as in previous years and when they put it together they are going to be something... that Jumpie is a very talented player ... hope I am wrong ..

Timmah

SQUAD

Central Coast Mariners: 1.Ivan NECEVSKI (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3.Scott GALLOWAY, 6.Blake POWELL, 7.Fabio FERREIRA, 8.Nick MONTGOMERY (c), 9.Roy O’DONOVAN, 10.Mickael TAVARES, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 16.Liam ROSE, 17.Josh BINGHAM, 19.Jacques FATY, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 21.Michael NEILL, 22.Jake McGING **two to be omitted**

Ins: 13.Kwabena APPIAH (promoted), 16.Liam Rose (return from international duty) Outs: NIL
Unavailable: 23.Jake Adelson (ACL – indefinite), 4.Jacob POSCOLIERO (quad strain – 1 week)​

kevrenor

Saturday, 29 October 2016
Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Central Coast Mariners FC

Spotless Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Kick-Off:
7:50PM (Local) (7:50PM (AEDT))

Referee: Shaun Evans
Assistant Referee 1: Allyson Flynn
Assistant Referee 2: Owen Goldrick
Fourth Official: Luke Withell

TV Broadcast: Live coverage on Fox Sports 505 from 7.45pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport Pop-Up 2 (New Zealand)
Radio Broadcast: 702 ABC Sydney, ABC Local Radio NSW, 666 ABC Canberra, Grandstand Digital & Online & via the ABC Radio Mobile App – A-league Live, Crocmedia A-League Live (www.facebook.com/A-leagueLIVERadio), EON Sports Radio (eonsportsradio.com), Coast FM 96.3, Hawkesbury Radio